Posts by chopshop777

Viabcroce, brilliant respond man, thank you so much, will be trying exactly that this weekend. cheers. Ed

Hi all, just wondering, I am thinking about getting an ABY switch because I have a Fender Twin Reverb that I wanna play with my Kemper and 4X12, reason being that if you use a looper it is always best to have a second amp specially if you play with a lot of gain, now here's my question,

How can I connect my Kemper so it will play both through the 4X12 and when you switch through the ABY switch it will play tthrough the fender ?

Also do you think there will be any tone suckage from the Kemper ? it shouldn't be right ? cause it's digital, I had the Raidial Switchbone which is probably one of the best ABY switch out there and when I had my Engl Invader and the Twin , I noticed a fair amount of tone suckage. so... I don't know. anyone has had any experience with this ? cheers. Ed

sounds pretty cool Hannes_ITS. TGAGuitarist, I have tried typing djent in the Rig Manager and there are about 6 or 7 on there , at different times there are more than 10.

you sure when you renamed it, it didn't have another copy of the same rig in the system ? I have noticed sometimes I have 2 of each and I go and delete it, look for that and rename it again with a number or something like EnglChrous1 and try again, hope you get it sorted out soon.

PBGas, you mentioned Yorkville so I am assuming you are from Canada as Long & McQuade carries that as one of their main products. I am in North Vancouver, BC, I am really interested in your experience with all the different FRFR you mentioned specially the Line6 LTM and Yamaha DSR112 to see the result, please keep me posted on this, you can email me directly and we'll see how it goes, I will not be purchasing any FRFR speakers until I hear your full opinion on this, doesn't matter how long it takes, I am happy with my 4X12 right now. cheers. thanks for the info. Ed

first of all, got my Kemper a couple of weeks ago and it's the best purchase I have ever made. now ever since the redesign or reconfiguration of the website just a few days ago, several things have gone missing, if you search for a topic in google and the kemper threads come up, you click on any of them and it does not send you specifically to that thread, it just send you to the main forum page , you can search there, on which case 100s of subjects come up and you have to waste time hopelessly trying to find what you were looking for. 2, no inbox here ? I asked a question from a couple of forum members and they both replied back very nice of them so I click on notifications up which shows I have 2 and than nothing. absolutely nothing no where to find their reply. The website needs some work.

I really can sound even better. You have a very high quality cab, no question. I've run mine through several high end cabs as well. I used a Bogner UberKab, a regular Bogner with Greenbacks, a very old mid-70s Marshall with original greenbacks, a Diezel 4x12 with K100s and another with V30s as well as a Mesa 2x12 with v30s.

The thing is to that you, like me are probably used to having that 12" speaker sound in your head from using that setup for many years. Not an easy thing to get rid of. However, if you run something like an Atomic CLR or another high quality FRFR, you would be surprised as to how good it sounds. The only thing that messes up the brain is that it is a mic'd tone, not the actual speaker of the amp that so many of us are used to hearing. This came to hit me in the gut when I went over to a friends house to borrow his Kemper as mine was sent back on return. I hadn't heard it through an FRFR setup that was quality (like a CLR) so I was really surprised by how good it sounded.

It's taken me a long time to change how I perceive that. Not an easy thing to do. It's kind of like muscle memory. You have to work it a lot before you can make changes. Strange but true.

PBGas , great points, for sure, one question , have you had a chance to compare a 4X12 next to an FRFR speaker to see the result ? I mean just going over friend place and checking it out off course is gonna sound amazing I am sure than you come home and you play it through your own 4X12 and you go well this sounds pretty damn amazing too. so side by side comparison is what I am after. cheers. Ed

I would imagine it really depends on the quality of the 4X12 cab as well, I mean I am running my power rack into an Engl 4X12 cabinet and there are no latency whatsoever and it sounds absolutely incredible, I have a hard time imagining how it could possibly sound better even through FRFR speakers.