Posts by ursavolta

Our reverse delay folows the same principle as most other reverse delays.

If the whole phrase gets reversed instead, this introduces a few timing challenges for the player. Could you show us examples of a reverse phrase delay used in musical context? We don't intend to add effect types, which are only nice in theory.;)

The reverse phrase function that is built in the kemper looper is exactly what StrawberryMoose is asking for, and frankly it is something I would love as well! Timing challenges with reverse delay isn't the point. The whole point isn't to play the lick/riff perfectly, but to have a sorta of warped, reversed playback of what you played. It would be even better is there was a WET/DRY mix to the reverse delay as well to have it mesh OR clash with the riff the use is playing. I attempted to play around with the reverse delay options on the delay and I couldn't get the delay to that point either. Unless I am doing something wrong... it was most disappointing.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.
    cut to 3:50 to see the example.
    Here's an example how reverse delay can be used in a creative sense ->
    External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

As someone who dives in the deep end of noise / weird effects this would be a neat feature to have and it seems like it is built in the kemper already! I have many presets that I created that are just made to introduce noise/weird sound FX. That is one of the things I wish Kemper would focus on.. expanding their fx section to be a bit more exploratory/wild/noisey.. I know it's not the typical norm for most guitarists/bassists.. but it's not like both aren't mutually exclusive. So far I am surprised at what type of weird noise/weird guitar effects I can create with the kemper. Hopefully Kemper continues on supporting that with future patch updates and so forth.

Live setup scenario:

Powered Kemper ---> Kemper Remote ---> Computer / Interface --> DAW/ Native Instruments Guitar Rig 5/Abeleton Live --> Guitar Cabinet.

- Press stomp one on remote, it changes my profile on my kemper accordingly.
    - It sends midi to MOTU interface then into DAW/NI Guitar rig 5/ Abeleton to switch to an FX preset internally
    - Kemper outputs FX colored signal to cabinet.

Example:

Remote switch 1 - Orange Rockerverb Profile - No FX - No Cab + Guitar rig Fx preset 1
    Remote switch 2 - Sunn Beta Profile - No Fx - No Cab + Guitar rig Fx preset 2
    Remote switch 3 - Orange Rockerverb Profile - No FX - No Cab + Guitar rig Fx preset 4

So forth

The effects on the Kemper for me is a bit lackluster.. I am really heavily influenced by weird/progressive rock /abstract synth sounds and I can never really nail those FX with the kemper internal FX suite. I have played around with native instruments guitar rig 5 and I have created some weird sonic landscapes with it.. So i was wondering if I can combine them together into one cohesive unit using my profiler..If this idea works out I want to try to expand on it to make even more weird sounds..

Is this possible? If so, what does a fellow Kemper-ite need to do to achieve this?

I have thought about getting an AxeFx Fx8 or an axe fx but I i like the kemper and remote package so far. The amps with the cabs sound great for recordings and with it disengaged with a real guitar cab sounds phenomenal. Just the internal effect suite is way too bland for my taste. I want to work with what I got and see if I can create a fusion of weirdness.

Help fellow Kemper-ites! :wacko:

Hey guys! I finally got a hold on a kemper profiler unit and lemme say IM IN LOVE!

My bassist (who is an incredible guitarist) loved the unit as well so we are testing it to see if we can use the kemper for live bass rigs.
    My guitar setup for now is basically Kemper unit + ENGL Blackmoore (acting as a poweramp until campflier comes in) into a marshall 4 x 12 and a mesa boogie 4 x 12, Works perfectly.

Now.. my bassist has a little mark II and two bass cabs - a mark bass 4 x 12 and a ampeg 4 x 12.

Can we use the little mark II as a poweramp and use the kemper to switch bass heads profiles + fx? Is this a sustainable thing to do live? Will there be any issues?

Reasoning behind this is that our style of music is progressive rock so we like to mix in alot of weird fx and tonal changes ups when the song calls for it. Also my bassist is looking to get a unit for his side guitar stuff as well.. We know we can use the profile + profiler cab through a PA, but he has his bass cabs set up already.

Fellow Kemper-ites please assist me!

That was quick!

hummm interesting..

I just was wondering if I can maximized the rock sound by running two amp profiles at the same time.. perhaps with a veryyyy slight type delay to get the sonic full sound that two guitarist would have playing live. (I am the only guitarist in my band). But that would be expecting too much I suppose. Perhaps in a future update...

Is there a possible way of mixing already made amp profiles into one? As in, if I were to buy a kemper profile pack and realized that 2 of the profiles sound amazing when played together, can I combine them into one amp profile?

Obviously the combined profiles would be using the same amp with unchanged settings and unchanged environment. The only striking difference would be that they would be tracked with two different mics.

These questions might be superfluous, but I would like to know to better maximize everything the Kemper has to offer.

Thanks again! (And thanks Paults for the prompt response)

Hey guys,

I am completely new to the Kemper scene, but I am immensely curious of the capabilities of the machine. I am currently saving up the mula to buy a unit for myself. With that I have some questions regarding using the Kemper in a live scenario. I attempted to find the answers online, but to no avail. Hopefully you guys can chime in and help me out.

_______________________________________________________________________________

Can you load two different amps profiles and play them simultaneously live? As in one amp panned to L speaker and another amp panned R. If not can you load multiple cab mic IR's with one amp and pan some of them L and the other R?

Example I. - Left Side - ENGL Blackmoore SM57 + ENGL Blackmoore Audix I5 .............. Right Side - Marshall JCM900 Sennheiser MD421 + Marshall JCM Audix I5

or

Example I. - Left Side - ENGL Blackmoore SM57 + ENGL Blackmoore Audix I5 .............. Right Side - ENGL Blackmoore Sennheiser MD421 + ENGL Blackmoore JCM Audix I5

or

Example II. - Left Side - ENGL Blackmoore Audix I5 .............. Right Side - ENGL Blackmoore Sennheiser MD421

Would it be easier if the the kemper profile had all mics wanted mixed into one amp profile? is that possible?

My goal would be to use different amps panned L and R. If not multiple amps, multiple cab mic IRs for one amp.

Thanks for reading and I hope to hear some you guys soon!