Posts by DamianGreda

Use guitar with hum canceling coil (dummy coil). https://www.ilitchelectronics.com/ for example.

This volume stall is in a way a known feature.

It's caused by the volume compensation in the AMP that keeps clean and cleaner sounds at the same level as distorted sounds.

Is the volume stall in your way when you activate a stomp, or when you increase the volume of the stomp or both?

This may be the case here as i connected boss OS-2 before my KPA and in fact I can drive amp much louder then KD. I've added even two booster modules after KD and still cannot reach the same level of loudness as with external drive without any other FX in the way. Maybe KPA treat my overdrived loud signal as clean and do not conpensate this in any way. Interesting fact is if I enable any kind of FX in slot A-D the level is decereasing.

ckemper In my opinion hot signal from reamping(SPDIF) input (set to light up yellow led)

gets more and more distorted (saturated)but without volume boost (above 2.2 on KD) . The main question for me is why the overdrive in the loop is able to drive the AMP more without this saturation(in lightbox example video). Perhaps the loop input has a different dynamic range?

As I said I cannot drive KPA that hard with live guitar and the KD works fine then incereasing volume fom 0 to 5.

to be able to do the test right it is important that the input signal of the guitar or the reamped DI is quite high. The input led of the KPA should be turning yellow . It is unlikely that you get this with a regular strat if it has not very hot pickups or if you don't play extremely loud. It is during that time, when the input led is yellow, that the problem arises with lightbox setup.

When the input led is always green, on my experience everything works as it should.

I will do my own tests again this afternoon again and report back.

I have exactly the same results. It is happens only when reamping with very hot signal. Cannot replicate this with live guitar.

It has not been fixed if you're referring to the latest OS 8.0 update. I don't think they have touched anything in this sector (yet). I don't even know if they could fix it even if they wanted to, no idea. Might just be a limitation of the Profiler not being able to handle extreme dynamics. But what takes me wonder is why I can pump plenty of energy into the amp profile either by the actual pedal in front of the Profiler or in the Loop Mono ... while the Kemper Drive (and likely the other stomps, haven't tried yet due to time constraints) fall short.

Maybe try to use some high pass filter before(and/or after) KD . Maybe there is some low(inaudiable) frequency content that saturate the amp input. I have to check this.

Hi ,

I just wanted to share some interesting findings of guitar plugins.

I found a project that does the same as Quad Cortex as a plugin and it's free.

https://github.com/keyth72/SmartGuitarAmp

What's more, there is also a SmartGuitarPedal plugin that works on a similar principle.

https://github.com/keyth72/SmartGuitarPedal

You can also train a neural network using your amplifiers.

Also check out this interesting amp plug-in project:

https://kpp-tubeamp.com/

Have fun with this plugins !

Cheers!

I think the guy behind the deep machine learning scientific paper is working with ndsp. Tre results of his work was promising. This is next step in this paradigm of profiling but with different aproach to the problem. I dont know if it will be better or worse. The most interesting part is that does this algo is working well in the regions where KPA does not working well. Maybe this will "drive" our alien technology friends to upgerade some algo... Who knows . Competition is a good thing for consumer.

I don't understand what's the matter if a simple guy just do a simple comparison!!its not a pro comparison obviously!!I used 8 profiles from the Granophyre pack against the Neural plugin..one guy above is saying that to do a comparison you should take a profile from the neural. First of all I DIDN'T try or wanted to match the sound but I wanted to find wich one was more organic and has this amp sound. If anyonewant to match the sound should profile the vst..!no problem..I did it to enjoy the sound and anyone could tell his preferences. Mine is the Kemper..it sounds better and you can understand this from the second part of the recorded tracks, the fast riff. The Kemper sounds better, more organic, I expeced to be more obvious but it didn't!!Also I play metal, I recorded simple chords with gain about 5-6 out of 10 and a faster part..Sinmix do the same but he is a pro..ok !! I am not telling this to compare myself with Sinmix..but complaining for everything? come on..its not the 3rd world war, its a videofor fun and maybe someone could find it helpful!!And also where is the problem with the noobs..

It was a joke - everyone besides a SinMix are noobs :P ;)(I am not good at jokes.)

Honestly I had much better acoustic sounds from my PRS 22 Piezo

Off course you will have better tone from piezo.

The piezo transducer is based on vibration and not on the signal from electromagnetic pickups. It is obvious that it will sound better because the simulation is for electromagnetic pickups. If you have piezo - use piezo. Why bother with simulation? You will never get better resutls then with piezo pickup . I see it in this way(soundwise) :

- electric guitar with neck humbucker + SIM is worst then

- electric guitar with neck single pickup + SIM is worts then

- electric guitar with piezo pickup is wost then

- acoustic guitar with piezo pickup is worst then

-acoustic guitar with mic + preamp + good room

In my PRS there is a push pull Vol Pot which is rewire humbacker's to singles(only one section of the humbucker is working), and you can get best results with neck single coil pickup :)

Call me stupid... but why ?

I think it is becouse of the input signal structure. Humbuckers tends to tame high frequency content. And the bridge pickup have less low frequency content. Simulator use existing frequency content to simulate AC guitar sound. If there is no high or low frequency in the input signal there is hard to shape this low level signals. The AC sound is based mostly on Low body resonance and High strumming sound(

this is obviously a big simplification).