Posts by DamianGreda

It sounds like the delay signal amplitude reaches the lowest bit deepth- maybe you have to ensure(since the delay is post effect) that your stack out volume is highest possible value?

It seems this is a some quiet resonance that after saturation (distortion) is coming out. There it may also be an intermodulation effect or some amp sim cabinet IR resonance.

BUT - this is so quiet and not noticable. I think such distortions make the whole sounding of guitar gear. Guitar is not synth - it's live instrument with a lot of resonances and interactions.

The best way is to go to the shop and try it wit yourself. If you are playing Tele take into the considerations high freqency quality tone.I think you can order a KPA and use the return back period if you not be satisfied.

1. It's not called antialiasing but aliasing ( there are antialiasing filter to prevent aliasing) - this is effect when some freqency is sampled with too low sampling freqency.
    Bassicaly when signal has frequency larger then fs/2. you have to use a filter with high freqency cutoff <= fs/2 but every filter has some disadventages - there is no ideal filter with infinite high slopeand suppression.
    2. I've also noticed that the KPA has some "combo" spectrum above the 10kHz range witch may be the results of the used antialiasing lowpass filter.
    Non ideal real filter example:
    [Blocked Image: http://www.analog.com/library/analogDialogue/Anniversary/Graphics/figure52lg.gif]
    3. This may be also a differential intermodulation freqency distortions - ihave also noticed that the KPA has some more audiable distortions of this kind then usual tube amp -but this is only happening with two or more tones but you used one tone(note). KPA patented algorithm is based on analyzing this frequency inter-modulation distortions.
    4. I have also noticed I have heared on my PRS some additional high freqencies on high E string - but I also heard this tones without any amp with guitar itself.

So there is a many factors to take into the considerations.

The process says:
    - Take a DI profile and save it.
    - Then take the studio profile.

Maybe the separation is done by comparing the DI profile you take as a reference for profiling the studio one.

Or maybe is done in two steps, the first one during the profiling and the second one during the merge.

SO the best way to test that is to:
    1. take the di and studio profile
    2. Put some white noise against studio profile with cab On(Amplifier and Eq off) only and record it
    3. Merge the cab from studio profile to the di profile
    4. Put some white noise against di profile with merged cab On(Amplifier and Eq off) only and record it
    5. Compare the frequency spectrum's of this two.

In my opinion the both cabs profiles are the same.

The only difference is that you profile the di amp and how it respond to the cab impedance - becouse the KPA and solid state amps "behave" more solid to the output impedance then the transformator output of the tube amp.
    So the KPA with DI profile "want to behave" with di profile with solid state amp as your profiled tube amp with your cab.

I thought the DI profile process in the new profiling method was the way to improve the accuracy of Amp/cab separation of the merged profile.

I mean from what I understood, it was :
    Before FW2.8 :
    Amp part and cab part were separated by algorithms > approximation

FW3.0:
    by adding a DI step in the profiling, the Kemper during the profiling could compare the DI profile to the Final Merged profile and could better determine the separation between the Amp Part and the CabPart...

No - the KPA have no information from what profile you merged the cab- i think you it take the cab profile(IR) from the studio profile and merge it with direct profile.There are no calculations made between the two profiles - no differential calculations and so on. You have predicted cab from studio profile and this is the cab IR you can merge. No comparation is in the process between the two profiles.

But you have to ask the KPA team if you want to know how it is done.

In my opinion:
    ''Full profile minus DI Profile" is not the way how the KPA obtain a cab profile.
    There is no differential operation giving you cab profile after merging operation.
    Cab profile from studio profile part is still the same cab profile after merging.

I think the discussion on the editor also shows how much people expecting one not only by giving "+1" but also giving the arguments. So again +1 for the editor.

Can you record the direct out of the two KPA and take some measurements in the editing software (maybe over a spectrum) with the same RIg , volume,master volume and , gain levels?
    Maybe this will give you a hint?

If I correctly understand the DI output in case(settind the levels) depends of the rig is actually set before the profiling switch on. Please try to lower Gain knob.

From manual:
    "Next, turn the chicken-head to the PROFILER position. At this point, you will still hear the previously selected
    rig. "

So basically what are you connecting to the amp is another amp no the instrument by it self - so the noise is +KPA rig noise " + "profiled amp noise".

Next thing is that if you are in profiling mode the output functions may not working as in browser mode. Go to the Browser mode and try then adjusting output volume.

I do not understand why you are searching fo rspecialized di-box - bellow is an example of Bugera 333XL line out (placed after output transformer.)
    It's pure resistor+pot divided signal between out and cab in parallel to the fully pass through amp to cab connection).

Of course if you want a symmetrical connection it could be enhanced by transformer or opamps - but from my opinion this 22k resistor+ 10kpot will do the trick.
    The 30k impedance of this simple di is negligible to the 4(8,16) Ohm output impedance

First thing -your sound example from cubase have some kind of space effect(stereo) - and the kemper mp3 is strict mono. But i will take the original wav IR and compare its spectrum(FFT) from cooledit and from kemper.
    Maybe your IR vst plug adding some space and extend some tone ?? Because i dont hear from IR it have so many low frequencies like in cubase mp3 example.
    What plug you are using for convolution(ir ) by the way?