Posts by DamianGreda

http://www.leo.ne.kr/data//101…705_active+direct+box.gif
    look at above picture - you have untouched part of the signal going from the amp to the cab. What is you take is only Ac voltage from the connection of this two(Input to output).
    There is a pot - you can regulate a Ac signal amplitude with this. So basically 22k resistor and 1k Pot is a voltage divider. So it is no matter how many watts you deliver to the cab you can set by this divider desired signal amplitude from the DI output.

From what you are writing you do not understand that when your cab has lower impedance then the output impedance of the amp you have lower signal in Volts so you can't destroy a DI. But if you connect larger impedance to the low impedance output your signal become larger and can destroy the DI IC's. I think such Di is bad projecting example.
    You can always protect IC from over-voltages by Zener diodes.

True - KPA amps eq section is not the same like in original amp. Sag and bias i think are also digital emulation of this effects in real amp( they are not profiled part). So if you going to get the sound as close as it's possible better to take best sounding amp profile then tweaking it later. But is good to have this option.

True! But IMO how you set amps knobs deppend on mix pos :D soo i dont like on axiss mic pos - too much fizz for me, so i set different amp knobs (treble, presence) and then what? i still have the same DI profile sounding good with other cabinets taken from merged profiles? IMO NO ;) soo i still need 1 good profile for live use and another for recording :D

Stay Metal!

agree - but you can add presence and treble in the KPA amp section for merged cab.

After last of your post (about some amp you compare )i've noticed lack of low cab tone in the kemper. This was a low frequency late response of the cab. The KPA cut this part off i think.
    Maybe the profiler algorithm take some fixed time of the response - but is too short for some of the cabs response for low frequencies.

I'ts recomended to always use 75 Ohm cable but the audio RCA on short distance works very well.
    If you have to connect two devices at distance < 1m(i don't know how many foots is in 1 meter:) you can try to use ordinary RCA audio cable. The results will depend of you audio Interface.

This is a digital signal so it is like 1 or 0 .

The digital 75 Ohm cables are cheap now so if you don't want to risk use 75 Ohm.

ok.
    if so, i guess they think its to much afford for too less benefit making the 48khz option.
    lets see, i would think it would be great if they would do it.

I dont think "too much afford" is a problem - every filter coefficient in fx and amp simulations depends on Fs (sample rate) - you have to calculate tis coeff. . You have to store this coeff. This is the problem. The option for 48kHz is now accesibble by hidden menu feature - but every rig from RE is sounds different because they where sampled and calculated at 44.1 kHz.

There are other factors I think like more memory and DSP usage for loop and pitch shifters, reverbs and delays , choruses, etc.

Update for 48kHz is possible - but i don't think it will happened,
    for slave option is not possible due the hardware limit.

First question is - you are playing in a band or only by yourself?
    In my opinion the commercial one's is created with some sound engendering knowledge - where to put the guitar in the sound scene with other instruments.
    But if you want play only with you headphones - stick with the free profiles.
    Sometimes guitar sounds amazing solo - but in the mix it has to be filtered , cut off'ed from some undesired mix frequencies.
    It's always depends what do you want to achieve.

I think is the matter of 2 factors:
    1. how many people really want pedal board Kemper Pedalboard Amplifier
    2. and most importand - if the pedalboard version will not have profiling mode and IO for this - this will be no more Kemper Profiling Amplifier .

This is the main advantage over the other dsp units - you buy a DSP for profiling your own amp.

The amp is profiled with connection to some X CAB which represent complex impedance over the spectrum.
    This impedance has an impact on DI profile- because it affects the behavior of the power amp itself.
    But the main advantage of this approach is to have the same tone with the studio profile (lets say when you do a home recording) and with the DI profile when you want to play with PA and the same X CAB.
    But still if you use a different Y CAB you should have a better results because of better separation method.

But the tone of the profile created with X CAB(and connected Y CAB) will be different from profile created with Y CAB(and connected Y CAB)- because of this complex impedance.
    Another words - DI profile will sound different when you profile it with X CAB and Y CAB.