Posts by duckman

My favorite electric guitar is a 1997 Fender strat, this one goes to sessions,gigs etc. if I need to have various sounds/tunings. I've upgraded it with new hardware (SD hotrail in the bridge, Graphite nut, tronical tuners) and it sounds killer.
    For acoustic I use my 1999 Martin D-15 with LR Baggs piezo pickup.

I like all of my guitars but most have a specific sound or usage, here's my guitar gear list:
    Epiphone Masterbilt EN-546CE nylon;Martin 0-17;Martin D-15;Gibson J200;Line6 Variax 700 Acoustic;Line 6 Variax 500;Gibson LP Jimmy Page;Fender USA strat ash;Fender USA strat Olympic white;Michael Spalt Telecaster with multibender;Custom built Telecaster Esquire;Musicman EVH;Epiphone Elite ES-335;Gibson LP Supreme 2013 OHSC;Fender Jim Adkins tele;Crafter SAT-TMBK;Ibanez KMA1NT (fretless nylon)

I like to get the sound as good as possible before recording it, if it needs EQ from the Kemper to achieve this I 'll do it.
    In the mix I normally only use EQ to fix conflicts in the spectrum and then mainly cut, rarely boost.
    Also I try the lowest gain possible.
    Additional I record a dry signal so I can reamp if I like to use a different amp, speaker etc.

Anyway, always let my ears make the final decision :)

I also use a Zoom G3 or G5 as a backup, this depends on the band/gig. So far never needed it, but these units are pretty cool and easy to use. The sounds of the Marshall 1959 is actually very good and the fxs are great too.

I think the whole Kemper teams deserves 3 cheers !!
    I've ordered the remote and so far the communication was great. I got a few emails with a status update, very professional.
    Thanks dudes and dudettes, hope CK gives you a bonus :)

I do own a Axe -FX but a friend of mine does. I decided to go for the KPA because I wanted a unit that sounds and acts 99.99% like a real amp. Both are great units, both will give you much joy. If I had the cash I would buy both :)

For me the FXs in the Axe FX are great and the high gain is great too. But compared with a few mid gain profiles I like (for example the Morgan AC20) the KPA wins it for me.
    Als the menu and settings are easier with KPA for me. I can dial a great tone with the KPA in a few seconds ,with my friends Axe I always struggle much longer, but I get there.

Both miss a talent function I so desperately need :)

Welcome onboard and thanks for the profiles!
    fiy, I can see 6 uploads in RM under your nickname.

I have a Kemper now for a few months and have bought several commercial packs.
    So far my top 5 profiles are two free, three commercial.

What I like about commercial profiles is the constant quality and often various profiles of the same amp with different gain stages/channels, speakers and/or mics. They feel complete.
    I know I can't go wrong with profiles from the Amp Factory, M Britt, Pete's profiles, Top Jimi and others. They all are excellent to my ears. And i still want to try out others like Choptones, Soundside and sinmix

And there are some excellent free ones too. Life is good..if you have a Kemper :)

Here's the deal: In the interest of doing what's best for my workflow and intolerance for technical problems and steep learning curves, I set up my Zoom R24 with the Kemper connected Main Output---Stereo Mix (in case I want to use certain effects)---XLR L & R Out to 2 track inputs on the R24. My first attempt at recording went off without a hitch and totally carefree from worries about signal flow to an interface, signal routing within the interface's software to the DAW, and then signal routing within the DAW. It's a beautiful thing. I actually picked up and played my guitar today!

I'll do mixing and mastering in Reaper. Frustration and headaches: bypassed.

If I could ever see even just a demo video of the Tascam DP-32SD, I'd consider one day upgrading to that for the extra channel strips.

Yeah the Zoom R24 is easy and had a good preamp plus ASIO support.Good to hear you found a solution that fits your requirments.Have fun!