Posts by jjm35

Hello,
    The morph feature is beatifull. Now I can set the parameters for a rhytm/solo and change it inside of every preset. Cool
    But I think thatIt would be great that the line status display of the morph was wider (even if there were a different color display for both morph modes)
    The problem is that on real stage situation, a few feew away, we can't see if we are in A or B status of the morph. I use a FCB1010 UNO and no expresion pedal for morph, only 1-5 buttons.

I think that I know the exact date of releasing 4.0 firmware!!
    I guess That it is actually ready for release right now, and only waiting for one week with nobody asking every minute: hey, when will 4.0 firmware get launched? :D
    so it will be launched next week (if we stop begging for it now) :)

Internal features. For me, Kemper is perfect in terms of accuracy of clone amps (or simply getting superb sound of amps if you just buy some good profiles). In the area of effects, the kemper is a little less strong. I dont say that effects are bad (the delays maybe a little simple for me), but most of the profiles that I find are good sounds of naked (or almost naked) amps, with few or no effects other than a little reverb&delay. I'd like to have more flexibility with effects routing for example, and the posibility of change "set of effects" more easily.

Well... I dont know if it is true or false, but the real important thing to me is that Kemper sounds better of ANY other digital guitar device of the market (in terms of guitar amp accuracy), and it is at same level that recorded real amps. The numbers don't matter to me, I dont mind if first, third, or another harmonic is low, high or inexistent... sound really good, and that is the only important thing to me.

Hello,
    I think the key is to use a FRFR cab to monitor, so we can use any amp/cab simulation, AND acoustics guitar with good results. The only price to pay is that in very hi-gain settings and playing loud, i get bad hi frec. feedback at times with some pickups when i get close to the cab to get the "good" feedback. My proposal for a "perfect" Kemper 2.0 is a stereo monitor out (two out connector) so we can configure one with guitar cab, and the other with FRFR cab. With that configuration, we can conmute to use one cab, the another one, or both.

But it is better that Kemper dont developes Kemper 2.0 in a long time. The actual version is fantastic and only with a slight better spring reberb, it would be almost perfect. Think that when Kemper developes a new hardware version, our kemper automatly low its price ;)

That software looks good for general uses, but bad for image tasks (video/photo/graphics...) edition. In that case, you need a calibrated colour monitor, and a monitor that change colour temperature on different hours is not good for you.
    But we are here to speak Kemper related things, so the software would be good :D

That solution must work, but I think that kempers engineers must work also on solve that issue: it's not fine that any kemper (amplified or not) ends its work with a big "poop". The kemper is a proffesional tool, and looks easy to implement on firmware a routine that lower volume to minimum before shut off.

Hi,
    I dont know how assign one slot to a button on pedalboard for only one preset. I try configuring the pedalboard with the button sequence that shows in manual, but after that it affects all presets on kemper, not only the preset that i want to modify. The problem is that I have one preset with a profile that someone else have programmed with uncorrect button setting for my setup, I want to fix the assignments for my setup ONLY in that preset (that means re-program the button assignments).
    Someone can help me? Thank you

The FX loop would not must to be wasting one of precious slots. The purpose of FX loop is to add one external effect, but now that is at cost of one slot (so we now can add one less Kemper's effect). The process power to manage the FX loop must be minimal (no impact on performance), so it not have be placed on one slot. It must be Midi CC# accesible and the setup can be made in System prefs. It must be really easy to program, and things like that and Rhythm/solo levels accesible via CC# and NOT wasting slots for it it's a must in a professional equipment.

Hi all,
    I am thinking on making some profiling of my amps, but I have only a SM57, a small mixer, and not too much knowledge (only basics) about how to mic a cab, so I guess that the result will not be very good, but since 3.0 firmware, I am thinking of profile only preamp+power amp with a DI and add some other good cab simulation from other 3.0 profiles. I think that it would sound good, so if I choose some cab profile that matches mine (2x12" with V30), it must sound similar that mine.
    Do you think that it will work? some advices?

Thanks in advance

There will be differences using a guitar cab or a FRFR cab. A guitar cab will gives to you better sound (more real amp sound), but limited to the type of speaker you use (you cant use cab emulations), and the most important thing, the sound will be different to the sound that the public ears in front of the band. In other hand, a FRFR cab, will give to you a slight less -real amp in front-, but the sound you get is the same that audience gets, and the cab emulations give to you differents speaker sounds, for me in general is a better option, only you dont have an easy controlled feedback on overdrives, becouse a high frecuency feedback is always waiting to sound when you are in front near of speaker (becouse the tweeter speaker used in FRFR cabs), but without taking that into account, that is the best option for me.

Mine takes over 40 seconds to start.
    This is one thing that must be addressed in future. I know that a tube amp takes over 20-30 seconds to warm up, but also know that AXE FX starts almost instant, so I think that Kemper´s technology is closer that AXE than of a tube amp. I dont ask an instant boot, but some like 10-15 seconds looks reasonable.
    I always can go one hour earlier to the show only to turn on Kemper, so it is not the problem, but if power fails in the middle of the show (dont mean in a general cut of power -that also would disconnect PA-, think more in things like someone unplug a wrong cable in backstage or something like that) , the last thing that I need is have to wait 40 seconds to start to sound again.
    I am very happy with the Kemper in general -more that happy, almost in love with Kemper-, but still have some things that make me miss my AXE FX (boot time and effects/routing flexibility). The good new is that Kemper is a good active company that will evolve for sure his product to solve all this things.

The relative sound level in the different profiles must be set by ear, but also at normal playing volume and in band context. You can't set the relative levels at bedroom playing alone, becouse latter in band context at show levels, the profiles will sound at different volumes

In the past I have a standard AXE FX, and I get a very good acoustic guitar emulation with my Stratocaster (neck pickup) + linear clean amp emulation, (dont remember what one have used exactly), but maybe a Fender or Roland Jazz Chorus, with its cab emulation changed for some IR of fishman Aura. The result was have to be refined with some EQ because IR adds some strange things in low mids, but after tweaked a little, the sound gets very "woody" because the IR and feels very very good, very realistic. You close your eyes and you cant believe that you was playing with a strat.
    I dont have AXE FX anymore (i have sell it and bought Kemper), and want to replicate some similar sound with Kemper. Have the Fishman Aura IR's, and want to try get some jazz chorus or Fender profile and convert some Fishman IR to Kemper format and try to put together to see what happens. :)

I know that I can use any slot for a booster, but for rhythm/solo booster it must be in the post-amp slots, and I always use a reverb, delay, EQ and many times a Mod effect, so I have no place for a booster on post-amp slots. The method that I suggest dont use any slot and will work. :)

Hi,

I have a Kemper profiler, a Behringer FCB1010 with Unoforkemper rom
    installed, and everything work OK, but I am trying to figure how I can have a
    “booster” to up volume in solos without sacrifice one slot on kemper. Finally I
    have a good idea, but dont know how I can do: the Kemper have assigned the CC#7
    for volume pedal, (0 value is minimum and 127 is maximum), well, if I configure
    the volume pedal in the pedalbord to send only a value from 0 to 100 and
    configure a button on pedalboard to switching between values of 100 or 127 to
    CC#7, then I have a “solo booster” function on Kemper without assign any booster
    on slots. In theory this will work OK, but I dont know how I can configure the
    Kemper/Behringer/UNOforKemper to make it works.

Can anybody give to me any help on this?

Thank you very much