Posts by jjm35

I think that the possibility to use a function dont add neccesary complexity to a device. If you need one specific function, you can use it, if you dont, leave that function alone, but if that function dont exist, you cant use even if you need it.
    I am a pro user that work in a cover band with 100+ songs, and have other 3 projects also with a little more songs each one. For me to use two presets for one sound (lead/rythm) make things very complicated, becouse the number of presets to handle and remember, and it would be much more easy to program only two "states" of every sound with only using a preset.
    To program that would be very easy: by defect, every parameter modification should acts both on "A" and "B" state, and only activates the A/B function if you saving the "B" state with a different value that "A" state,

Speculative mode off :D

P.D at last, people on Kemper developing team will implement whatever they want, we can speak here of satellite tv implementations on future Kemper updates :D

Would be great that we can switch two states of any parameter with one CC# assignable parameter to use on our pedalboard.
    That allow us to sculpt our solo sound (EQ/delay/level...) without use more space in pedalboard to store modified rythm/solo rigs. The Roland VG99 have that feature and was a fantastic tool.

Today I have bought the Pack #1. Still testing, but I find a darker tone here compared to the samples on the website. I have tested on studio monitors and Atomic FRFR an with a Fender Stratocaster Deluxe with Jason Lollar Blackfaces Specials Pickups. After a little tweaking I get a pretty good group of presets to use with my cover band. Still have to test it with Gibson Les Paul and Superstratos for the dirty sounds.
    Recommended buy! ;)

obviously you always can sacrify one slot on every gig for put here a booster for solos, or the volume pedal on pedalboard to make a rythm/solo emulator, or use the volume on your guitar for lower the gain on rythm parts, or sacrify half or your presets or every performance to make louder version of every gig to use in solos, or whatever else, but, the better and simpler option to my eyes would be to put a footswitchable A/B master volume option on output. :)

yeah, my guitar Also have a volume button. Lol. But on hi-gain it dont affect volume, only gain ;)
    not so many rigs available, only five in each bank on my Behringer FCB1010 pedalboard. :)
    in the beggining i say that there are many "solutions" to emulate a rythm/solo button, but the best one for sure would be to have a real button on your pedalboard assigned to a future rythm/solo level parameter on output :)

I understand, but that would convert your volume pedal in a solo switcher, and then you can't adjust anymore your level bellow rythm (toe down) volume. In that case, if you ear that you are too loud in a song, you have to stop to play, go to kemper and adjust output level (becouse you have lost the possibility to adjust with volume pedal). The function of volume pedal is to adjust the volume :)

Volume pedal would not be very accurate, and it is slower than a button.
    There is another problem to use volume pedal: imagine that you are on a song that you use the volume pedal at 50% becouse you have seen that you was very loud and down volume a little bit with volume pedal before songs end and then go to adjust general volume on Kemper. Then the comes the solo, and you have to up a little bit the volume pedal finding the optimal volume at same time you start play quick in the guitar neck... not so easy, much better simply push a button on pedalboard.
    There are many modes of "emulating" a rythm/solo button (using one slot with a booster/EQ, using volume pedal, using volume on the guitar...) but the best of all for sure would be to implement a rythm/solo parameter on master volume, and would be so simple to write the code for include in a future firmware update.

Sorry for my bad english :D

Greetings

Hi,
    I have this amazing device from one week, and no idea to how the Kemper do not have an rythm/solo level parameter. The unique possibility is to vaste one slot putting some boost, equalizer o something like that to increase level for solos, but would be more usefull to have a parameter on output with Rythm/solo levels so we can assign a button on any pedalboard to switch levels for a solo. This feature would make the Kemper more powerfull and vill be really easy to implement on firmware.

greetings