Posts by wedewer

Here is a song from my original band July Fighter from last friday. Profile is the 70' 100 watt marshall SL3 from Pack 2. It's still my number 1 favorite marshall profile of all time. No tweaking of the profile. I don't touch Mike's profiles. I use them as is. I either like the profile or I don't. My experience is that Mike has them dialed in just right for live use, so I don't touch them. Wah is the kemper crybaby, tweaked to sound as close to my Real McCoy Custom RMC -10 as I could get it. The best wah I have ever played. Leads have green screamer in stop section and I have the pure boost in "x" spot for volume boost.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I've been using the new Grab'n'Go pack and it is amazing! I'm absolutely in love with the Wooly Coats’ Extra Spanky profiles. They've quickly moved to several slots in my live performances. Thank you so much Michael Britt (lonestargtr)!

I love the new Wooly Coats profiles in the grab and go back. It has become my go to clean and low gain tone. What did it replace. The mbritt 3rd power blackface profile(don't ask me which one, I can't remember. but also a great profile). The Wooly Coats 3 profile with a Les Paul is absolutely huge sounding.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Here is a clip of what has been my main profile from the day I got my Kemper. The 70' 100 watt marshall from pack 2. To me it slays all other Marshall profiles I have tried. The soundman has my channel set dead flat. What you hear is the profile, untweaked as it naturally sounds.

http://youtu.be/5accog6f4Ao

Trying to play boys are back in town in a one guitar band. Was thinking I might be able to use the harmonizer to do the harmony leads, but I can't figure out how to set it up properly. Can anyone give me help. Step by Step if possible. Thanks in advance.

I almost never check the Rig Exchange for new profiles. I am pretty set with my Mbritt profiles. This morning I upgraded to the newest version of Rig Manager and notice the SS100 profiles. Gave it a try. Since it was direct I loaded an ownhammer IR of a V30 cab with the studio mix. It sounds amazing. Best profile of that amp I have come across and just a great profile in general. It sounds huge. I sat in a hotel room at an amp show and watched Steve Stevens play through that amp, and this profile sounds spot on.

I haven't really tried anything new for a long time so I decided to download the 800 pack on last Sunday. OMG! I took my R7 Les Paul and spent hours to jam just with the first profile of J800, I did not even try the other ones yet! What a tone and dynamics! Definitely gonna try that out next time when I play 80's metal songs with my friends. Many thanks @lonestargtr!

I own all of the MBritt profile packs except the rack pack. I have bought packs by others, and while they sound great on the recordings, they don't work live for me. Michael's profiles just seemed to be fine tuned for live performance and the soundmen love them. They just set the EQ flat and we are good to go. I am a marshall guy and my main profiles are 2 of the 70' 100 watt marshall. I think its in pack 2. Soundmen tell me it sounds like a great marshall through a 412. I also use one Dirty shirley, one /13, and his 3rd power clean tone. With that said, I have been longing for a really good JCM800 profile. I have owned Michael's Jcm800 pack since it came out, but went through it when I got it and I didn't hear anything that complimented my other Marshall profile. Last weeek, I decided to go back and re-visit the pack. I don't know how the hell I missed it, but the j800 1 3 profile is spectacular. I can't stop playing it. It has that larger low end that at a JCM800 gave you over a plexi, but it doesn't have that brittleness on the top end that you can get with that amp sometimes. Part of the reason was the bright cap and not being able to crank the amp. I have owned 2 jcm800's and have played countless others and this profile sounds just like a great JCM800 should. Unfortunately I don't have a gig will Oct 22, so I have to wait a few weeks to gig it. For me, getting one great profile that I love and can use live makes any profile pack worth the money. The JCM800 1 3 alone makes that pack worth the price of admission. FYI, I turn down the gain just a hair, turning the last led from bright to a little dim and it just makes that profile kill.

Michael has a free sample pack available. I think you just have to sign up for his email list.

I am a humbucker guy and they sound great. I gig exclusively with humbucker guitars and Michael's profiles. They sound great with both single coils too.

So I downloaded the Heritage Colonial pack last night and got to spend about 30 minutes with it. I am a Marshall guy, so this was right up my alley. This pack is not a gained up marshall sound. You aren't going to be doing 80's hair band stuff with it. What it excels in is PUNCH. If you have ever sat in a room with a loud real vintage plexi, you have heard that punch. Think pick attack and air being moved. A lot of plexi profiles don't always catch that so well. These profiles do, especially the ones with the 212 cabinet and no pedals. The edge of breakup tones and vintage lower gain tones are amazing in this profile back. The tones are super crisp, very clear and the low end is tight. This morning I was fooling with the JTM45 setting. I raised the gain from 2.6 to 3.2 and threw a "confidence boost" front the Kemper in front of it. It sounded ACDC back in black to me, so I threw this quick clip together. It was one take, so don't bust my balls. There are a couple of tomatoes in the clip, but it should give you and idea of the tone. I am playing it through an atomic CLR cab off to the side. And yes, that's a Metropoulos 68 Plexi in the background, so I have a great plexi amp as a reference for this clip.

External Content youtu.be