Posts by wedewer

I have owned the D-Pack since it came out. I am not really a dumble guy and I don't really listen to or play any fusion. But I got a 335 about six months ago and while using backing tracks on youtube to jam with to improve my chops, I fell into the "larry carlton" style backing track hole and started jamming along with those. I initially just used my go to MBritt profile which is the 70SL2 from pack 2. But after a while I decided to dig back into the D pack and see how it would work with my 335. Dumble ODS11 is my favorite overdrive profile from that pack, so I threw a quick video together this morning. There are some rough spots in my playing, but it gives you an idea of the tone.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I play my Kemper so much these days, I haven't gotten around to playing my real amps that much. Yesterday I realized that I have yet to play my newly aquired 335 with my Bogner Helios and decided to plug her in. I really love the pickups in the new 335's. They are the memphis historic spec. Nice lower output with great clarity. Anyway running through my stone age 212 with Celestion creamback M's, I was getting a very nice vintage plexi classic rock tone, so I through an E609 in front of the cab and did a quick profile. This is not a sinking leads hot rodded marshall tone. It's a nice classic rock crunch tone that you can boost with the pure booster or green screamer for leads. Sounds pretty good with the single coils on my strat too. My R9 with Throbacks definitely pushed it a little more and made it gainier. Let me know what you guys think. Here is the dropbox link.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/10f45kjwd7cig4r/Helios Classic Rock - 2016-03-19 13-02-37.kipr?dl=0

The Steve Stevens profiles from TAF were some of the first profiles I downloaded when I got my kemper. I don't like them at all. At least for live use. To thin and small sounding through the PA. I have heard the Steven Stevens amp in person, played by Steve Stevens in a small hotel room and the profile doesn't sound anywhere near as big as that amp does. Maybe they are ok for for recording. JerEvil, if you like the way the mbritt profiles sound live, you are probably not going to dig those profiles. Again, for recording, it may be a different story.

Wizard you say???

please be a mini pack!!!

Oh, you are gonna be stoked. According to the periscope broadcast, it's Wolf Marshall from Accept's Wizard and he was helping Wolf do some profiles. I know you love your higher gain profiles, so my guess is this is going to be right up your alley.

I watched a good portion of the periscope broadcast earlier. As an owner of an original Jubilee half stack since 1990, I am excited to get some of those profiles. Sure I could profile my own, but they never sound as good as Michael's. I am also looking forward to a good Jcm800 profile. I know there are a bunch out there, but none of them work for me live. They all seem better for recording. Too thin and bright. Michael, do you have any lower gain profiles of the Wizard. I am assuming it is a new Modern Classic and I have heard those amps do some amazing low gain marshall tones.

I can confirm this. Just loaded up the low3 profile and it's fine. Low3-m sounds much more "metallic" and fizzy. I only listened to merged profiles when going through these as that's how I'll be using them and just assumed this was more more modern metal style tone.

I tried to re merge this profile with the studio cab and it ended up with the same result. Much different from the studio profile.

I wasn't referring to just the merged profiles. I meant all the Top Jimi profiles. They are sound to "metallic" and "fizzy" when I try any of them live. I was hoping the Expression profile was going to be different but it was the same when I tried it at soundcheck. Like I said, on the recordings that Top Jimi does, they sound awesome.

Are you guys using these profiles for recording or live use? Even though I am an M.Britt fanboy, I still buy profiles from different commercial profile makers all the time. For 8.00 what's to lose and its always inspiring to try new tones. I own the top jimi 68 marshall, 74 Marshall, Soldano SLO and I purchased these. I always load the new profiles into my Kemper and try them at soundcheck at my gig. When I tried these "trainwreck" profiles, I suspected it was going to be the same thing as the others I have tried live and I was right. Too bright and brittle for live use. These are a little better than the others I own, but not much. They sound amazing on the recordings but through the mains at the gig, not so much. I also can say that every profile seems to have that same reverb. I call it Van Halen I reverb. I immediately turn it off when trying the profile. I love Van Halen I, but I don't wanna sound like it.

Heard a Helix clip of a JCM800 today. Sounded pretty good. Made me miss the sound of a good jmp/jcm 800 era amp. Michael had a profile, I think it pack 2 called "79 JMP" that I never bonded with. Sounded kind of dark and lacked the bite I like in those amps. Decided to take a look at the "definition" and it was only 4.3. So I raised that to 7.0 and the amp came to life with my R9. Sounds really good for leads with the green scream in front of it. Lots of sustain. Gonna load this one in and try it at the gig on Saturday.

Hey guys I am going to try something new tonight. Gonna try and broadcast second set of my cover bands gig on Periscope tonight. I will be using the kemper and all my profiles are M Britts. Mostly using the 70' 100 watt marshall, but also his fender princeton profile for cleans and his /13 JRT for edge of break up tones. The other guitar player in the band will probably be using his Suhr Sl67 or Sl68. If not some other boutique amp. Not sure how the sound will be, but you should be able to get a good idea of how these profiles sound at a gig and quite frankly, slay the other guys "real" amp.
    If you don't have the app, you can download it, its free. Then just follow me on Periscope. You can find me by searching for Robert Wedewer or rwed246. If you set up notifications, you will get a push notification when we go live. Otherwise the video is available for viewing for 24hours after the event. I got a set up to have my phone on a tripod out in the crowd. Just a warning, this is our annual "ugly christmas sweater" gigs, so be prepared. This bar is fun and we usually get some chickies up on stage, so you may see a little of that as well.

It's called Div by 13 JJN50-Half I am assuming by the name is the JJN50-100 but in the half power or 50watt mode. If you play classic rock or are looking for that 70' Marshall tone, this is a good amp profile to try out. In one of the bands I play in, the guy has the AMW39 which is bascially the younger brother of this amp. El34 marshall tone that is tube rectified. We set up his amp, suhr Sl67(plexi amp) and his marshall JCM800. The divided by 13 seems to sit right in between a plexi and jcm800. Doesn't seem to have that harsh brittleness that some JCM800's have on the top end. This profile sounded really nice with my R9. I raised the gain by 1 LED. check it out if you like 70's Marshall tones.

Are you referring to the 3rd power or the 3P dreamweaver clean? If you're referring to the 3P BF NEWEST *-profile, that's one of my new favorites as well.

However, for the edge of breakup I really like /13 JRT915 84 1

Or maybe the CL /13 LDW39 Clean-? that's a fav of mine as well. Just curious!

I checked and the clean profile I am using is the 3rd power clean-1 . But I checkout out the 3P BF Newest and that one is great as well. It it fuller sounding with a little more low end than the one I am currently using. For the edge of breakup I prefer the /13 JRT 6v6 profiles. Just like with real amps, I prefer slightly darker tones, so the EL84's have a little something that doesn't work for me. The funny part is, that I love EL84's when I hear other guys playing them, but for some reason, it doesn't work when I play through them.

So, I switched up a few profiles for my gig on Saturday night. I had been using one of Michael's champ profiles for my cleans because it worked well with humbuckers, which is what I gig with. After reading a few posts by guys I decided to switch it up to his 3rd power clean from the second version of his first pack. I don't know how I missed this profile before. I am ashamed. It is spectacular. Even the singer in the band came up to me to say how great it sounded. Then I also worked in a couple of new edge of break up, lower overdrive tones. They are from pack 2 I think. The /13 JRT 1 and 3 profiles. These the 6v6 profiles I assume since the others are labled '84". Even though I am a marshall guy and Michaels 70' 100 watt marshall is my main profile, I have to say that these JRT profiles have become my new favorites. So open, with some chime and so dynamic. Every time I sit down to play guitar at home I find myself playing these 2 profiles. Sound amazing with both single coils and humbuckers. I don't think I realized how great these profiles were until I got my 335. It also made wonder how I lived without a 335 all these years.