Posts by wedewer

WHERE is the "confidence boost" setting? I don't seem to have it. Oh, I may have deleted that, I think that was just a Pure boost preset named so correct?

I guess you would call it a preset. It's one of the stopboxes. I like it because it reminds me of the way I run my klon boosts. Mostly a clean boost that adds a little gain as well.

I woke up way too early this morning and decided to put it some good use. After seeing Bryan Adams live last month, I wanted to learn the solo to "cuts like a knife". Cool solo and gave me a good reason to play my new strat. Anyway, I dialed up the Britt 69' Marshall G6 profile. Added a boost at the front end. Its called "confidence boost" on the kemper and used the delay that Michael has with the profile. To me it sounds pretty close to the recorded tone.
    Please excuse the tomatoes at the end of the solo.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I bought the profiles this morning. They are really good. In my opinion, they are probably more geared for recording than gigs. The marshall is really good, but the FTR 37 is fantastic. I should say that I love the FTR37 profiles without pedals. A few years ago when I was in LA for NAMM, I tried out an FTR37 at the guitar center platinum room with a Jimmy Page R9 and the tone was amazing. People came into the room to see what was going on and it wasn't my playing. The profile with the mid boost captures what I heard that day. My only criticism is that I wish there were more profiles of the pure amp tone without pedals in front of it.

I'm running a dxr10; what tweaks would you recommend to the profile for that and/or what tweaks have you done yourself regarding this? I have several of his packs as well, but almost always activate (Britt's own) boost and compression in the stomp section then usually need to boost the presence and treble a bit, but I play at low volumes usually.

I don't tweak Michael's profiles at all. The thing I learned about profiles is this. If I try them at low volume and they are just right, they end up being too bright when I turn my CLR cabinet up to loud gig volume and they are too bright through the PA. Others have posted the same experience. Since I use my Kemper for gigs, my main concern is how the profiles sounds live. My experience is, Michael's profiles sound just right out of the box at gigs. When I do sound checks, the sound man hardly does any eq'ing. He sets it flat. So for example, at very low bedroom volumes, Michael's 70' Marshall sounds a little too dark. But as I turn my CLR cab up, it sounds just like it should.

If I guy was to get only one pack, which one would you get? I saw that asian guy on youtube said he uses pack 2 exclusively.

I also see that after pack 2 it seems like the profiles are now separated between amp and cabinet. Does this help the sound in any way or does it just allow us to have the ability to remove the cabinet and just have the pure amp sound?

I recently received the remote about 3-4 weeks ago and haven't had much time to mess with it. This is my day to do that :)

I have all of Michael's packs and there are profiles in each pack that I absolutely love, but if I was only allowed to get 1 pack, for me it would be Pack 2. The main reason being the 70' 100 watt Marshall. That is my main live profile and for me, by far the best marshall profile live by far. It kills through front of house. Second, the /13 profiles in back 2 are fantasic. Sound great with single coils and humbuckers.

I am lucky enough to be one of the people that Michael asked for feedback on the 69 Marshall profile. Although I am a huge fan of Michael's profiles, it's his 70' 100 watt Marshall that has been my main gigging profile since I started gigging the Kemper. I think it may always be. I am a big fan of 100 watt marshall plexi's. So at my gig on Saturday, I used the the 69 Marshall about 30% of the time. It's a great profile and its right up there with the 100watter. Its a tad brighter, with a tad more bite on the top end and a bit more spongy. Just like the differences between an actual 50 and 100 watt Marshall. When I first tried the profile with my R9, I thought "early Aerosmith". I immediately started playing Toys in the attic.
    The funny thing is, the day of my gig I watched a bunch of videos of Matt O Ree playing his Trainwreck amps on tour with Bon Jovi. The Wreck was cutting through the mix on solos much better than Phil X's Friedman's. So I loaded in the Trainwrecks from Michael's Pack 1(the second version update I call 1.2) and tried them at the gig. They are really great profiles and often overlooked when people talk about their favorites. The sustain is amazing and they really cut through the mix great.

So last week I profiled my Helios 100 and decided to try it out a gig. My main rigs are usually Michael's 70' 100 watt Marshall. But man I thought I had the Helios sounding like it was the same quality through my CLR cab. At sound check I A/B'd them against each other and one again Michael's 70 Marshall hands down sounded better. The words that the soundman used to describe the 70' Marshall is "its sounds like a marshall through a 412 cab". Its huge sounding. It had more lows and more highs. That profile just has the secret sauce. I call it the "profile killer" because it slays every "marshall" type profile I put up against it. I don't know why I even bother at this point.

I just uploaded another Helios profile. This one I consider "high gain". Gain was on 8 Master was on 6. I don't have any Strat style humbucker guitars but I bet it would sound great with those. Settings are the same as the others. Eq knobs set straight up. Only difference is that I lowered the "bottom" knob that's on the back to tighten up the low end. As always, any feedback is appreciated.
    I have a Germino 412 that has 2 M65 Creambacks and 2 H75 Creambacks. I think I am going to mic up the H75 speaker and do some profiles with that next. Its a great speaker.

I just uploaded another Helios profile. This one the gain is at 6 and I have the master at 6 too. The previous Helios profile I had the gain up to 8 but the master was down at 3.5 . Also, as far as the eq is set up, presence, bass, mid and treble are all set straight up at 12:00. Again this profile is first take. No refining, no tweaks. I really dig this one with my R9 and my Kauer Banshee. Big thick crunch, but also pretty open sounding. Not as compressed as a lot of hot rodded "plexis" can get. Let me know what you think.
    Gonna try one tomorrow with the gain back up to 8 and the master at 6. Hide the women and children.

Just uploaded a profile of my Metropoulos 12000 series replica of 68' 100 watt Marshall. Used an e906 on my Stone Age 212 that has 2 Celestion Creamback M65's in it. This profile cleans up just like the amp. If you have a Les Paul try it with the volume down to 5 on the neck pickup. I think this profile is improved by the Purecab. I have mine set on 6. Let me know what you guys think and if there are other settings of this amp( like a clean Hendrix strat tone) that you would like me to profile.

Thank you, I will definitely try it. Helios is one of the less profiled amps. Until today, there were only 10 profiles in the RE and IIRC no commercial profile at all? So keep the profiles going. And I will paste it here, because one can watch him play the Helios million times:

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

That video you posted is the reason I got the Helios. That was posted the weekend of the amp show and on Monday I called Sweetwater and said "get me on the list" . My sales rep said there wasn't a list yet and that they didn't even know about the amp yet. But, he said when they have a list I would be first. He stuck to his word. I got the first one sweetwater got from Bogner. There are commercial profiles of the Helios. Michael Britt has a bunch in his latest "modern" profile pack. I have that pack. They are very good, but I wanted to have some with creamback 65's which is my current favorite speaker.

Today was the first time I profiled one of my amps using a real mic instead of my Torpedo Live.Profile is called HeliosE906 or you can search by my name Robert Wedewer Placed an E906 near the edge of the cone. I did not refine the profile at all. What you hear is the first capture. I didn't tweak anything either. This particular profile was done with the master on about 3. Gonna do some more with master up halfway next change I get when the family is out of the house. Check it out. Any feedback is appreciated.

Made a profile of my amp today. Didn't bother to edit the tag while creating it. I decided it would be easier to edit it in rig manager. So I pulled up the profile, filled in and changed what needed to be done, but can't figure out how to save the info. Can someone help?

You have to include a Pitch and/or Wah effect in each Performance Slot.

If you have an active Wah in the Slot, it is a Wah Pedal.

If you have an active Pitch in the Slot, it is a Pitch Pedal.

Paul, I do have it set up that way. For example, in performance, for a rig for Sweet child o mine, I have a wah active in the first stomp box position. For Rebel Yell rig, I have pitch in the first slot. But in the system menu, pedal 3 stays either wah, or pitch, or volume. Whatever its set at. It doesn't change when I change rigs in performance.

Ingolf, where do I "flag wah to pitch" exactly?