Posts by wedewer

Used my remote this past gig for the first time and love it. I brought a wah as well. Thinking about going the expression pedal route to even simplify my set up even more. So my question is, do I need to get the Mission expression pedal with the switch to be used with the remote. I read that the remote doesn't support the switch yet, so should I just get a regular expression pedal? Does the expression pedal work so that wah is engaged as soon at I move the pedal or will I have to step on the remote and engage the wah stomp? As much knowledge as I have about gear, I have no experience with expression pedals. Thanks.

Rich, how are you setting up a volume boost on stop box buttons. Just got my kemper remote today. I have been using the behringer with uno for gigs. In performance mode. The way I was getting a volume boost was to set up a rig store with a slightly higher volume. It would be even better if I could use one of the stomps for that purpose.

Ok, please forgive me if I come off sounding like a total jerk here. I am not trying to be. I wanna clarify how and why you guys feel like certain profiles are "too dark". JerEvil, I am using you as an example, but not trying to single you out. You post on TGP and you have posted clips, so its easier to use you as a reference. Jerevil has recorded some great clips and the tones are really great for those songs, but they also fit into a specific "80's" metal or hairband type sound. Which I can totally appreciate. Very mid forward, very tight low end and on the brighter side in my opinion. From the clips he posted of Dio and Mercyful fate, the tone sits perfectly in the mix. My question is, are you guys saying these profiles are too dark based on only recording or for live gigs as well. I have recorded 2 cd's in professional recording studios and I know that when I set my amp tones to record, we always set them brighter, with less bass than I would have my amp for live gigs. Based on gigging my Kemper at 4 gigs now, I have a general idea of how the profiles I use translate from hearing at home to live through the mains. So looking at the Quickrod profiles from batch 1, I think the very first profile is a great sounding profile that will work great through the mains. It actually leans more towards the too bright then too dark for live gigs from my experience. So I guess my question would be, are you guys saying these profiles are too dark for gigging, recorded or both.

Tim, I have been following this thread and downloading some of the profiles into rig manager and trying them out. I gotta say your profiles are excellent. A lot of the requested settings are not my cup of tea and my ear started playing tricks on my while going through all the various profiles. So last week I went to NAMM. Couple days before I stopped in the Guitar Center on Sunset and the platinum room had a bunch of Friedmans. BE, Smallbox, Dirty Shirley and the Jerry Cantrell(which is excellent. Clean channel is amazing). Played them all. So today I revisited this thread and noticed the smallbox profiles. So I downloaded the BE and small box profiles you put up. Those profiles are fantastic and pretty much spot on to how I would dial in the amp. Both are exactly as I remember the real amp being. I am really hoping you get around to profiling the clean channel on the smallbox. Especially with the gain turned up to 4 or 5 so its clean with a little bit of bite. Thanks for doing this. I am going to try these out at my next gig on the 21st,

I won't be doing any clinics. No one is gonna want to hear me play for more than 30 seconds. Ha. I'm just going to hang and help out some friends in their booth and mingle a little. I'll be at the Rockett Pedals/3rd Power Amps booth quite a bit, I'm sure. I'm hoping to meet some of the Kemper folks and I'm sure I'll be seen at the Tom Anderson booth as well. I'll try to stop by the Jackson amps booth too.

Michael, do you know what days you will be at NAMM? I will be there Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Would love to say Hi. I have a couple Kauer guitars and Doug's booth is going to be Kitty corner from the Rockett/3rd power booth. You should check out some of Doug's guitars. He told me he is bringing 26+ guitars.