Posts by hi_range

There are loads of Rectifier profiles around and I made the same experience: to large extent metal only plus a harsh/trebly and somewhat lifeless character.

My best recommendation for a balanced set of profiles, covering ALL sound options the Dual Rec offers is the Deadlightstudio pack.

No effects, raw sound, rich details, every mode per channel.

The update for the Archon is nearly done. I'm wrapping things up at the moment to get them sent out to everyone who bought it so far asap!

I am curious what's your opinion on the low and mid gain profiles? Does the amp fulfill your expectations or is it rather the clean and Highgain animal you initially thought?

Cheers

I have experimented a little with pedals (Maxon 808, Cmatmods Brownie, Xotic EP-Booster) in front of the Kemper. My feeling is that the Profiles don't necessarily react the same as if the pedals were placed in front of a "real" tube amp.

I guess that driving a tube stage is something difficult to re-produce in the profiles. From that perspective, profiles including a Booster is a value. In any case I prefer 2 versions (boosted/unboosted as mentioned by Deadlightstudio above).

One observation of the trials: The EP Booster could nicely enhance the signal (added depth and clarity) and is a good try to be used together with e.g. crunchy Marshall profiles for a sound-alternative!

Yeah, some Breakup Tones would be Nice. From Gain 1,4 to 4 on the Kemper. Maybe a Blend with a Ribbon Mic?

The clips are massive! I was more like "no more new profiles" but your teasers are really great! I'd also be happy about some more low/med-gain profiles and +1 for the ribbin-mic blend.

Do you think you'll add some to your packl?

Hi hi_range! if you are an ENGL lover be sure to check RE profiles from Uwe Steigmann and Phil Wiedbrauck.. ;)

Man, these Engl profiles really rock!

I was even impressed by that Ironball profiles although I don't like the "real" amp that much (has this high frequency "sizzle"). These profiles are perfect base for a modern rock-setup, thanks a lot for the tip!

The Blackmore is a great amp, more Marshall territory if that comparison may be allowed. Nevertheless it has some nice touch of a slightly more "modern" sound and rich in overtones. The profiles transport that nicely and are usable straight away without much tweaking!

Hi hi_range! if you are an ENGL lover be sure to check RE profiles from Uwe Steigmann and Phil Wiedbrauck.. ;)

thanks, Hallan! I'll check these out! I am very sure, there's a lot hi-gain profiles around (Powerball, Fireball). What I am even more interested in is the Crunch and Overdrive tones of their newer amps that are said to be stellar, too.

COMPLEXITY, that's what I mean, even w/o Ch.4.... my goodness.... 8o

Hey guys,

the Engl Savage 60 was my first tube amp I owned and ever since I have been interested in Engl Amps.

These days, I don't dig the full-shred metal sounds (only) any more (which the Savage perfectly delivered).

Instead, the Retro Tube E756 or the recently announced Artist Edition E651 would be Tube amps I'd consider buying - if I didn't have the Kemper!!! :D

That's why my question is, if anyone is planning to profile these amps? I'd definitely purchase the packs, and I guess a lot of guys would be interested in the great Crunch and Overdrive tones!

Here's an advertisement of a Retro-Tube plugin simulation. I am sure, Kemper profiles would deliver the "real" tube feel/experience though!

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Apart from the all-positive tests of the Artist Editon, here's an Engl Vid promoting the amp, that will be for purchase as of June 2015 (Germany):

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Where are the Profiling Pros interested in Engl? :)

Cheers!