Posts by tomster

"I simply don't understand it"
    I really like some of the Ampltibe 3 bass amp simulations (e.g. the Orange AD200).
    And for a long time, i couldn't find any KPA bass profiles that i liked better. So i tried to profile my Amplitube presets - and failed :D just like the original poster.

I hope this helps to understand ;)

Hi!
    Is there an option to hide rigs that i am not interested in, e.g. of the Rig Exchange?
    The Rig Exchange is growing almost every day and there are some really excellent profiles to be found. However there is also a number of rigs that i am sure i will never use.
    I was wondering if there is a way to hide such rigs so that the list shown in my Rig Manager does more reflect the profiles i like.

If no such option exists, i think this would be a nice feature to keep control of a continiously growing list of rigs.

Best,
    Thomas

So far my best solution is a combination of a Lasse Lammert amplifier (e.g. of the free profiles with a Rectifier or the 6505) and a cabinet of the TAF 6505 bundle (sometimes also the of the TAF Rectifier bundle). This comes pretty close to the sound i'd like to get (e.g. Exodus, Testament)
    I cannot upload examples because the TAF profiles part of commercial bundles.

Thanks for the explananation, Burkhard.
    It's true that at some point after crreating the profile i skipped the tag session and stored the profile right away.
    I already tried to change the name via the profiler, as you described. And as you said, in RigManager i can see my name now.
    However, when i upload this profile to the Rig Exchange then this website shows up where you can edit the different tags and on this website the cabinet author is And44 again (i am happy to provide screenshots). And that's something i find a bit strange...

In the end it's not a big deal and the next time i do a profiling session i will carefully watch that all tags are correct before i store the profile.
    Just a shame for the rest of the world because now they won't get my marvelous profile ;)

Yep. I updated the Tag in the KPA and stored the rig again.
    After doing this Rig Manager showed my name as cabinet author and i thought this would have solved my problem. But when i wanted to upload the rig to the rig exchange there was again And44.

I am bumping this thread because i have a related problem:

Today i profiled my amp completely from scratch in a rehearsal studio.
    As recommeded in the manual, i initially selected a profile simlar to the sound i wanted to achieve (this was a TAF boogie rectifier profile) in order to compare my setup with this sound.
    I did then a full profiling session, went home to test the profiles and fond them to be quite nice.
    While editing the tags in Rig Manager i found that in the cabinet section there is not my name listed as author but And44 (probably because i initially selected a TAF profile?). The amp section shows correctly my name.

How can this happen if the amp/cab author is supposed to be set depending on the device owner tag?

Don't get me wrong, i did not use And44's cabinet but recorded the complete profile all alone. So it would be nice to have my name there...

Hallo!

Ich suche in Berlin nach einer Möglichkeit Profile von meinem Equipment zu erstellen.
    In meiner Wohnung ist das aus Lautstärke- und Platzgründen leider nicht möglich. Daher überlege ich einen Tag in einem Studio zu buchen und habe im Internet auch bereits ein paar potentielle Studios gefunden (Vielleicht kann ja auch jemand ein Studio empfehlen?).

Hätte vielleicht jemand Lust sich anzuschließen? Zu zweit könnte man die Kosten teilen (jeder hätte dann 4 Stunden Zeit für das Profiling seines Amps) und natürlich eventuell auch die erstellten Profile.

Equipment, das ich besisteuern kann besteht aus einem 2-Kanal Mesa Boogie Triple Rectifier von 1994 (Revision G) mit einer Mesa Boogie 2x12 Roadster Box. Der Verstärker ist mit EL34 Endstufenröhren bestückt, was ein kleines Extra ist, da die Boogies meist mit 6L6 Röhren laufen.

Falls jemand eine Möglichkeit hat ohne Studio (z.B. in seinem Proberaum) Profile zu erstellen und einfach nur an Profilen mit meinem Amp interessiert ist, könnte man sich natürlich auch zusammentun. Ich würde dann gerne meinen Amp zur Verfügung stellen.

Ist jemand interessiert?

Viele Grüße,
    Thomas

Hi!
    I found several videos (e.g. on youtube) about the KPA where the uploader wrote in the description that he used the amp of one rig but the cabinet of another rig.
    Sorry if this is a dumb question but could anybody briefly explain how i can mix amps/cabinets of existing rigs in order to create a "new" rig?

Thanks for your help!

Best,
    Thomas