Posts by darcym

so this is interesting, I put it into another Mac OS 10.14 host and it comes to life, I put it into the original 10.14 device and it works now !

I put it into a 10.15 device, and it doesn't work, I put it back into the original 10.14 device and it doesn't work, I put it back into the second 10.14 device and it works, back into the original 10.14 device and it works.

Something is happening when I put it into a 10.15 device before a 10.14 device.

I updated Rig Manager to 3.0.105, on Mac OS 10.14.6. Upon launch Rig Manager detected my Kemper and advised me there was a new version available (which there was) and offered to updated it to 7.2.2 for me. Which it did.

After the Kemper rebooted Rig Manager shows Rigs for Local Library/Rig Exchange/Rig Packs - it cannot see the kemper any more.

It was working enough to do the update to 7.2.2 but post update it doesn't see the kemper ? this feels off.

Anything I can do to debug this ?

I really don't know if this is the best place on the forum for it, I was torn between 3 places, so if the admins want to move it to a better one, please do so.

I use the Kermper in the studio only, I don't want a huge foot controller, I have a rack based setup and quite happy using the front buttons to program what I want. For my own personal use I use 6 - 12 Kemper profiles max (6 would be fine, 12 would be better). I'd like to get either a small physical hand held device, or an app on an ipad that has as basic 6 or 12 buttons as possible that I can either label on screen (if it's an ipad app) or with a sticker if it's a physical device with the profile names I want so I can swap between them quick and easy rather than having to use librarian, or the scroll buttons on the front.

I'd really appreciate real life working opinion on either an ipad solution, or a small midi controller such as say Vestax PAD-One that can plug into the kemper midi socket (no mac in between) and be used to quick access 6 profiles min, 12 would be better but not required.

thank you.

I changed myrecordingsetup and dumped a Digidesign Rack 003 with the kemper connected via XLR and moved to an apogee ensemble thunderbolt audio interface.

this works fine with the inputs, but I'm trying something different with my kemper based on the advice of some much more advanced kemper users then myself.

I'm connecting the kemper spdif out to the ensemble thunderbolt spdif in, then I select interface->S/PDIF/Left (Mono) (or right doesn't matter) within pro-tools 11.
    Select record enabled on the track, and hit the guitar, there is no input.

When I hit "output" and page to spdif I don't see a volume control and the dial under spdif changes the setting to git/stack or stack

When I hit the guitar there is no input/volume, so nothing can be recorded, am I approaching this wrong ? do I have to do something on the kemper to see/set the spdif output ?

Thoughts or advice ?