Posts by Shimmer

Hey guys,

I have a clon centaur clone pedal. When i plug it into the front of the kemper magic is happening and I love it. But I really would like to use it in the Fxloop so it switches off when switching profiles.

Now when the pedal is in the fxloop i get a lot off noise from the fx loop. I use distortion loop. I already tried plugging the send right into the return. And the noise is still there. so there is something going on with the loop. played with volume level and no succes. anyone experience this before? any solutions? thanks!

Hey guys,

im trying to profile my fryette pibull cl50.

I mic it up with a single sm57 and getting awesome sound from it. Then when i profile my amp the profiled amp always sounds totally diffrent then the miced(reference) amp. I tried using diffrent profiles to start the profiling from. Still the same. Profiled amp has too much lows and not as much mid and presence as the miced.

Am i missing something? Has anyone experienced this before??

ill try posting a recording off me toggling between reference amp and kemper amp.

thanks for any help!

Hey guys,

i guess i found the problem. I have been playing a lot of heavy stuff so i raised my pickups on all my guitars to get more output and a more saturated sound. This pickup height introduced unwanted distortion for clean. Lowering the pickups and lowering distortion sense solved ly issue.

Hey Cm,

nothing but thanks for trying!!

You know what if find strange? Youvspeak of kemper output being hot? My kemper output when main out is @ 0db gives about -7db reading on fader on my RME interface. I need to push the gain on the RME for good signal to noise ratio. ?

i contacted support. Keep you updated!

hey,

All stomps empty

Noisegate : 0

Amp volume: 0

Clean sense @ -12db perfect green light.

Happens with all clean profiles.

Already contacted support. Did full flash and factory reset. Still the same.

Pickups might be high on my goto axe but its still there with diffrent guitars. So....

its generated by the mid frequenties. When i cut between 1K znd 5K with eq in front of amp it becomes less aparant. But this dulls my guitar sounds so no solution here.

im going to try record a DI signal with a seperate DI box into DAW then send it to kemper via spdif for reamp. If still there i guess my kemper is toast. Pfff...

if not.....

Hey cmboowns, I tried lowering the clean sense. Same result also a compressor didn't help.

I added a new sample.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/atg8…%20crackling%203.wav?dl=0

Thanks for any help!

Hey Guys,

I have been playing a lot of high gain lately and just wanted to try some clean stuff, this is when I noticed this weird crackling almost breakup like sound going on in my kemper. anyone any ideas? mp3 file in attachment. this happens with every clean profile with different guitars on all kemper outputs. main ut XLR , balanced and SPDIF.

Could this be a setting. Noise gate is off. clean sense 0 and dist sense also 0. tried lowering the dist sense, no effect.

This is audible through headphones on my audio unit also on kemper headphone output.

Thanks!

https://www.dropbox.com/home?preview=kemper+crackling.mp3

Hey guys, cant seem to find a way to select the cab IR s on my kemper and load them from the editor into cab section. I need to scroll thru all off them on kemper untill i find the one i need.

thanks

would be lovely to see them like presets for effects and select them.

Hey guys,

recently started with reamping.

I ha some problems and solved them, but solved them I think, so I was wondering if you guys could shed a light on my workflow and tell me if all is ok.

here we go.

First I set the SPDIF output to Git / master mono.

I set the level of SPDIF DI so it reached -1db max on hard strums.

I record the DI onto mono track.

I set kemper input to SPDIF Reamp and make output of mono track kemper SPDIF.

(this where things got wacky) on playback the reamped sound sounded the same. BUT!! my input light was clipping RED almost all the time.

I played around with the clean sense and distortion sense but no effect. only way for me to avoid the clipping was to lower the output volume of my DI Mono track in the DAW by -8dB.

once I had done this it didn't sound the same no more I had to play with the reamp sense setting to +8dB for it to sound the same.

The end result was a reamped guitar that sounded the same with no clipping input. So I guess this is right or not??

How do you guys do things?

Thanks for any input!

Hey guys,

wondering what is the best way to save cabs on Kemper.

I found saving the same cab from different studio profiles sounds different every time. makes life to difficult.

So do you guys only save merged profile cabs to get consistency or how do you guys approach this cab saving and tweaking profiles with them?

thanks!

Hey Guys,

Just wanted to share my personal experience with cililab profiles.

I've been struggeling with the kemper for 2 years now, buying 3rd party profiles from the most common names in the game. spending a lot of money! pfff...... Tweaking / tweaking / tweaking and feeling like getting no where!! there was always something missing.

None off them did it for me. Always thinking what the hell am i doing wrong?????? What do other guys hear I dont??. almost pulling the trigger on the kemper.

I say this with all due respect to the biggest profilers out there. I whill never reach the level of expertise in profiling they have but I never connected.

untill! CiLILABS.

I bought the:
    Fireman / Diezel VH4 / Fredman / JCM 800 and plexi.

This guys profiles are so Clear and in the face!!!! articulate and warm.

switching from one profile / amp to another just sounds awesome everytime. all off them have magic in them.

When I first played these profiles I felt that this guy knows his art. And made me feel like "yeeeehaaaa let's kick some ass!!" A feeling I lost since I bought the kemper. Sorry guys!

So this is why I post this. I'm sure Im not alone feeling this way (not connecting with kemper) or 3rd party profiles. struggling / tweaking my ass off.

"So for anyone just starting with kemper or still searching for the gold. In my personal opinion Cililab is the first stop to make."

Respect out to Ivan from cililab, he deserves it!

Hey Guys,

Im really struggeling dialing in the high end of My tones. Especcialy the high gain ones.

I always feel like there is hiss/ fizz in them from 2k untill 8k. And cant dial iT out.

How do you Guys approach smoothing out your high mid to high end?

Eq before Amp?
    Eq on AMP?
    Defenition control?
    High and low settings on cab section?
    Eq after AMP / cab section.

Tried them all and cant seems to get the results im after.

Any suggestions welcome! Thanks Guys.

Hey Guys,

I recently bought some nice packs and noticed I'm having issues with the direct amp profiles.

So the pack contains studio profiles with sound awesome. but don' translate so well to my 4X12 Fyette cab.

now there are also direct amp profiles included but these sound really dull and lifeless. on my cab.

How do you guys go about creating profiles that sound good on your cab and also for the FOH/ studio?

Thanks!

Hey guys,

Ive owned the Kemper for 2 or 3 years now.

Always been a tube amp user for about 20 years. I couldn't really find my groove with the Kemper. Until!!

NORTHLANE RIG PACK!

This Pack is the best I've heard!!!! no fizzy crap going on in the highs! awesome definition and power!

best pack out there. I also own the putney pack and don't like it.

So Johntot, buy it!

Hey Guys,

I got things sorted out.

I recently bought brand new Adam A7x monitors. They where the problem. In the mid range they started distorting. Very strange especially for a monitor with this reputation.

I brought them back bought the HEDD 07. Awesome! No more breakup.

Damn this was strange!

To Ken, try a other set of headphones, and I think your problem will be solved.

Greets

Verry happy man now.

Hey Ken,

Having the same issue here.

Cabinet sounds fine. Studio monitors or headphones gives that slight breakup sounds in the clean profiles.

i have tried the following with no result:

changed cables
    changed guitars
    changed profiles
    changed clean and distortion sense completely up and down.
    disabled noisegate
    disabled amp section
    used different output on Kemper.

Now I have contacted Kemper support and hope they have solution.

I attached dropbox link so everyone can hear the problem. You hear me switching off amp section and the switching to other profile.

if anyone has a helping hand this would be greatly appreciated!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/e2us…y%20in%20clean__.mp3?dl=0

Thanks!!