Posts by Oz_LA

This old rub. Again and again and again. Anyone else having this issue? Ive had this problem about 10 times but was working fine for the last month. Then I just loaded my profiler into a rack because I have to record overseas. Plugged the usb back into my Mac book and wont sync up. Launching rig manager I get the spinning wheel of doom but does eventually load. The first time I tried to restart computer it wouldn't let me because RM wouldn't close. Couldn't even force quit it. Updated the latest RM software 3.0.82. Managed to shut down computer. Relaunched computer but still wont sync. Reading sometimes Kemper servers are down. Have to get on a plane in 2 days and now this. Im a professional session musician and everyones heard about this thing and asks me about it but this one issue makes it so darn unreliable in big moments. I really do love my profiler but always have to give it the caveat its great "if you can get out to work." Ug. Anyway, anybody have advice on this?

Its a lesson for all of us. Unless you want to help the techs to iron out problems buy testing beta's and reporting bugs then don't upgrade until it comes out of beta.

I admit that I myself was tempted by the new Editor, and had to go back to an earlier version because I ALSO experienced what is happening to your KPR and RM.

Hi thanks for your reply.

Could you explain this in more detail. I don't quite get it.

Narrowing it down a bit more now. If I select a Performance on the Remote all the bottom row green LED's flash. If I stomp on one of the buttons too soon after changing a Performance, the Kemper crashes, but if I wait some seconds before I stomp on any of the 1,2,3,4,5 buttons it doesn't crash. Is this usual?

Ok so I've noticed that if I go up or down in selecting a new Performance, and then press the Load Button on the Kemper(the button just to the left of the Browser Knob) it doesn't crash the Kemper. But if I just use the Remote to click through Performances it eventually crashes the Kemper showing as seen in the photo above.

This is starting to make me laugh. Maybe I'm delirious and ready to sell the Kemper. :)

Awesome ! When you create that sound on the Kemper please let me know. I want to learn that song.

Having had trouble with Rig Manager and Kemper not working properly together with the new RM and Beta, I've re-installed the older 7.1.5.15 on Kemper, and RManager- 2.3.14.

But I'm having crashes all the time in Performance Mode when I start using the Remote to click through Performances.

Here is what happens. I switch to another performance, and then all the green lights on the Remote come on and it crashes the Kemper.

I've tried "Rig reset" but still the problem persists:

So I'm back to

7.1.5.15 on Kemper, and RManager- 2.3.14

Its all working fine until I use it in Performance mode. I get this crash eventually after I press a button or two on the Kemper. Last time it crashed like this I had pressed one of the rig buttons:

I uninstalled RM, and went back to installing 2.3.14

and reverted to 7.1.5.15 on the Kemper. All working well again. :)

Thats what happened to mine. I've tried numbers of reinstalls/uninstalls change of USB cable, and it all point's to a fault in RM or Kemper firmware,

I just tried RM again and opened a new window of RM and Lo and behold the modules at the bottom of the Editor were there glaring at me. Then I closed RM and tried it again, But the modules never did return.

At least I know it's RM Editor that is at fault.

This stinks, no doubt. Not trying to be a jerk here.

To be fair, you aren’t powerless, and this issue isn’t going to affect a live situation. The KPA itself is fine. You can still edit on the KPA, which until a month or so ago, was the only option. (Ignoring ToastME).

Something odd and seemingly close to unique is happening. RM clearly ‘sees’ your KPA (My Profiler). That seems an odd name. Mine read‘a Brett’s Profiler, which is my first name. I’ve never seen one generically named like that.

I'm not up to the point where I know my well around the Kemper to edit it without an editor. Thats why I welcomed the new Editor with open arms. :)

When is it likely to be updated and problems fixed?

Kitarist yes it leaves one in a powerless position when we cant just change a tube or fix it ourselves but we are dealing with their error and have to wait.

Lesson learned...No more betas for me.

It was good in that short time that I was exploring the new Editor. :)

This is a screenshot of my Rig Manager at the moment. The Editor part which was at the bottom with the signal chain, modules etc. don't exist anymore. If I click on a rig, nothing happens. The headphone icon that used to appear to the left of the rig when you click on a rig doesn't exist anymore, and like I've said before, there is no activity between RM and the Kemper.

I've reinstalled RM numerous times in case, but still no luck.