Posts by MtotheEikel

You could by an expression pedal and connect it using this: https://thomann.de/de/midi_sol…dal_to_midi_converter.htm

If you already have a spare pedal, this might be an option, otherwise it's probably too expensive. You can easily get another FCB1010 or even a used FC300 for that much money..

Edit: You can also try to find midi expression pedals like this one:https://www.sourceaudiostore.n…sal-expression-controller
    I think there are/were other companies which manufactured such products. Perhaps you'll find a cheap one somewhere.

I set CS as high as possible without clipping (red lights) for every guitar. By doing this, I don't have volume drops when switching guitar.
    If you feel, that one guitar has too less gain (distorted profiles) compared to another one, just raise DS. It will affect the amount of distortion but won't have a serious effect on the rig volume.

As much as I love the Kemper, I have to say the manuals aren't very good. They are easy to read, but do not provide all of the information in a clear and concise form. Nor does it seem to explain how various functions interact. I have had to do internet searches on some items I couldn't find in the manual, only to later see it was in the manual but buried in a section where it could not intuitively be found.

I don't agree. IMO, the Kemper (reference) manual is one of the best I had. I can find nearly any information I need. However, I don't really use the table of contents, as I just search the PDF for keywords.

Are there more people who are using the FC-300?
    I'd really love to be able to save the state of the CTL buttons per patch (in patch mode) but it is not possible. By doing this, you'd be able to synchronise the LEDs with the stomps you are switching.
    Am I the only one, who likes to do this?
    I know that Roland doesn't update its products very often, but if many people request this feature, perhaps they will do something about it.

Okay that doesn't sound like too big of a deal. The comments on the USB flash drive I had read had talked about having to use the USB flash to do updates and to also load new profiles.

Page 1 of this thread:

ps You only need the USB stick for updates, you know...
    And as long as they keep improving an already astounding product, I don't care if Kemper don't sell another amp!

I guess it was stated several times.

Also, the "no need for a pedal" thing also doesn't make sense to me. You bought a Kemper. If you needed one unit with one sound, why even go Kemper? Not to discredit the Kemper's awesome sounds, but I feel that using it without a pedalboard of some sort is like driving a car in the rain without using the windshield wipers. You can do it, but you'd be a lot happier if you just used something.

I think he's talking about an expression pedal, which he wouldn't need anymore in addition to the remote.

benefits:
    -with active pitch shifter the latency increases. Also it happens that i accidently touch the pedal and pitch the tone unwanted.
    with the described option pitch effect is of till i realy need.

Pedal pitch doesn't add latency in zero position.

I have never heard of such a feature and I don't need it. However, I'm curious: Is there any device, which can achieve what you want?

I just have Pack3, the free ones and the sample pack and I can't decide, which profiles to use.

I'd really like to have the other packs as well but I don't think buying would be a good decision because I'd even have more great profiles to choose from :D

Ich glaube er möchte einfach einen Output des Kempers der Akustikgitarre zuweisen und einen Output der e-Gitarre ... aber nicht beide gleichzeitig spielen (ist ja auch eher schwer... :P).

Beim Axe-FX ging das mit dem Mixer Block, ob man beim Kemper sowas aktivieren kann weiß ich nicht... spontan würde mir der FX Loop einfallen, aber afaik geht der nicht am Ende der Signalkette?

Die Lösung hat @BobbyKa in Beitrag 3 schon geliefert:

Wie Ingolf geschrieben hat geht nur entweder/oder.
    Du kannst dann z.B. bei allen Rigs die du für A-Git verwendest die Panoramaeinstellung nach links stellen, bei den Rigs für E-Git nach rechts.
    Wenn du dann von A-Git zu E-Git wechselst und ein Rig für E-Git auswählst kommt das Signal nur noch aus aus Mainout R.
    Somit bekäme der Mischer 2 unabhängige Signale, eines für den Kanal E-Git, eines für Kanal A-Git.

Mir war nicht bewusst, dass diese Funktion existiert, ich habe sie aber gerade gesucht und gefunden und teile das hier mal mit: Zu finden ist sie unter "Rig".
    Wenn du also den Main Output auf Master Stereo stellst und dann das Panorama für die E- und A- Rigs voll auf links bzw. rechts stellst, klappt dein Vorhaben.

I'd like to be able to connect mono-sources to the Kemper via aux-in. Currently if you do so, you only hear it on left or right channel.
    I'm using a Digitech Trio for jamming via headphone and have the guitar connected to the usual input to use Kemper sounds and the backing drums and bass connected to aux in. Through headphones the backing is only on the left or right track.
    Please make it possible to hear a mono source connected via aux in on both stereo channels!

Don't know, here is bog people for you.

https://soundcloud.com/mdee-rocking/bog-ppl-track-1/s-y0vYx

I don't have any other profiles you've recorded.

Thank you for recording this profile. It sounds similar to my recordings so I guess my profiler doesn't have a problem at all. In my examples the fizzy sound is louder and more present but I guess the reason for that is I used single coils.
    Anyway, this sound annoys me on some profiles and like I already mentioned, these are frequencies above the spectrum of a guitar speaker.
    Especcially on one PA system I'm using, this is pretty annoying.

I used a Stratocaster but the fizzy noise occurs with my other guitars as well. Until now, I didn't have the chance to listen the file which mdeerocks recorded but I will listen to it and compare as soon as I get home.
    Perhaps this isn't a problem at all and I'm just not used to the sound over headphones or frfr.
    However, I think these are frequencies higher than 8kHz which a usual guitar speaker cannot play and this a profile of a real amp shouldn't have such frequencies. Correct me if I'm wrong..

I read through this thread and I might have a similar/the same problem. I'm on 3.0.2 and all profiles except clean ones have a fizzy sound on top which increases with increasing gain.
    I'm wondering if this is just the way the Kemper sounds or if there's a problem with my unit. Depending on which monitoring I'm using, these high frequencies can get really annoying.
    The noise disappears with notes slowly decaying.
    By using a low pass filter, the noise can be reduced.

I checked input and output levels and they seem okay, no red or even yellow lights.
    I recorded some examples with factory profiles. The first one is Gundy - Brian'sStrayDogs profile, the second one is the same profile with a low pass filter.

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

The other examples are recorded with the mentioned KM Andromeda profile, one with and one without a low pass.

Can anyone help me? Can you check if these profiles sound the same on your KPA?

Edit: Here's another one: KM - Bog People. It nearly sounds like not using a cab simulation.