Posts by MtotheEikel

I had what I would consider a serious bug. I had a cabinet locked and was scrolling profiles, however the profile sound was not changing. While the screen showed I was scrolling through profiles, the sound and the actual profile did not move. Anyone ran into this?

This happened to me yesterday. I'm not sure if I had cab locked or if I just switched profiles. Switching to performance mode or tuner didn't help. After reboot, everything was fine.

and having created 10 profiles per channels with different settings for all amps (all settings neatly put into
    a spreadsheet ) I found that the KPA does do a very accurate job of recreating the actual amp sound and when dialing away from the profiled settings it still kept the character and response ...I recreated it then on the actual amp. So, perhaps it's just my experience or subjective perceptions but it seems the KPA does a great job at staying authentic:)

It stays authentic, but the knobs don't behave the same way. If that was true, there would be no need in creating profiles of the same amp with different settings.
    It's not importantm that it doesn't sound the same, because it sounds really good, but some things mentioned in this thread aren't true.

Lasvideo, I am sorry but you are wrong. You are misunderstanding the meaning of a snapshot in this context. Yes, the KPA takes a snapshot and then translates all values to its controls and sets it up just like the amp you had profiled. From there you can change your settings on the KPA just like you'd do in your original amp, behaving exactly the same way... The difference to the Axe-FX is that these values are established by your own doing and not by the company.

This is not true. How should the Kemper know, what the amp does, when you change the settings? You can surely tweak the profiled Amp and get good results, but the control knobs don't behave the same way.
    I'll give you an example: If you replace one of the pots (for example treble) with a new one with a different value, then it will behave differently to the original one but it is possible to set it to the same value.
    If you create profiles with both set to the same value, the profiles will be the same, even if the original knobs behave different.

If it was true, that alle the knobs would behave the same way, it would make no difference, with which settings a profile would be created.
    Try profiling an amp with all EQ knobs set to zero and Gain nearly zero and then profile the same amp with all values turned to 10. I'm pretty sure, these profiles can't be tweaked to sound similar afterwards..

In den Midi Settings ändert sich die Anzeige nicht, wenn du oben bei den Haken etwas änderst.
    Die CC Werte werden nicht geändert, sondern nur die Zuweisung der Parameter zu den Werten.
    Dein Problem kann ich aber auch nicht lösen, gut möglich, dass das nicht funktioniert.
    Ich habe testweise ein Midi Pedal auf CC1 gelegt, damit konnte ich das wah nicht steuern. Das funktioniert anscheinend nur umgekehrt.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Did you watch the video? It's in the video at 0:15, even with a description where it can be found.

Profiling that situation would require shifting the Kemper Test tones up two octaves. That may not be possible - it may consider that sound to be invalid.

I tried it with a software based pitch shifter. It recognizes the test tones, but the resulting profile doesn't shift the pitch. So in fact it seems to be impossible to capture that sound.

Now I get it, perhaps there is a misunderstanding. I don't want to move the whammy pedal during profiling. I just want the sound of a whammy + distorted amp with whammy set to 2 octaves up.

Random harmonic glitches cannot be profiled.

Thanks for your answer, too bad if it's not working. Anyway, I would be really interested in the sound of such a profile. If it's not the sound of the original setup, what else do you get? I'm really curious.

Try putting the Pitch effect in ABC or D, to generate more harmonics with it than you would get in X or MOD slots. Use the kind of amp sound profile you are describing. . Make sure " pure tuning" is Off.

I have been using my real whammy in front of the amp and I tried this with the built in effect as well. I also tried many different options, like pure tuning on and off, formant shift... However, I couldn't get the sound, I was looking for.

Wer glaubt das? Hier im Forum doch wohl niemand?

Ich :D
    Ich verstehe unter Modelling, dass Verstärker digital nachgebildet werden. Ergo ist der Kemper für mich ein Modelling-Verstärker. Mittlerweile ist die Technik aber so weit, dass der Ausdruck Modeller oder Modelling bei mir nicht mehr negativ behaftet ist.

Does someone have a Digitech Whammy (preferably I or IV)?
    I need a profile with a Whammy, 2 octaves up into a distorted amp, preferably with many mids. The built-in whammy effects are really good, but I need a profile with the weird noises and glitches which the whammy produces when hitting more than one string.
    I would really appreciate, if someone profiled this for me.

Edit: To be clear: I'm not trying to get a moving whammy profiled, I just want a profile with a whammy + distorted amp with the whammy set to two octaves up (fixed position).

Thanks buddy yes the guitar is not the best one, but Tom Morello plays this song with a Telecaster (with Humbuckers)

It actually is a Standard Telecaster with 2 single-coils (I guess even a MiM but I'm not sure about that).
    He mainly (or always) uses the neck SC on this guitar.
    Your sound is quite good, however, try using the neck single coil and hitting the strings harder, with more attack.

I just looked up the US price for the Kemper and found this: http://www.makenmusic.com/guitar-amps/kemper-amps.html
    $1,975 are about 1750€.
    In Europe the Kemper Amp costs 1590€, so the difference is about 160€ / $180.
    I have no idea, how much customs or taxes you have to pay, when importing musical instruments from Germany, but the difference isn't as big as you describe.

Edit: Okay, I guess I found a price, which is cheaper than the usual price, with which you calculated.. In the Kemper Store, it costs $2,143 .So perhaps it will become available for $1,975 everywhere in the US.