Posts by MtotheEikel

Wenn man die Performance-Nummern nicht im Kopf hat, steht man noch länger da vorne, weil nach jedem Bank-Aufwärts-Treten immer noch abgewartet werden muss bis die Anzeige sich bequemt das Geheimnis zu lüften, für welchen Song man die Performance angelegt hat.

Wenn ich solche Probleme hätte, würde ich mir einfach eine Liste schreiben, so dass ich nicht raten muss, unter welcher Performance welcher Song gespeichert ist.

Thanks! This sounds similar to what I was getting out of the Kemper. I prefer a real whammy. Have you played a Whammy with 2 octaves up and hit several strings at once? This is what you need there (at least this is what I needed). The Kemper pitch shifting effects are polyphonic and do their job really well, that's why the Kemper can't match this sound (at least it didn't do it for me).

The Bulls demo sounds better! If you're interested, I can try to record some samples for you.
    I know quite a few RATM songs ;)

Yes, that's what I've been doing. I used a Whammy IV in the loop just for this non polyphonic 2 octaves up sound. For all the other pitch shifting effects, the built-in effects were fine.
    However, I don't need this sound anymore.

Oh and for the 'broken' BITH verse; modulation & pitch shifting.... for the slot.

Along with killswitch & trem/whammy (bar) whatever you want to call it! rhythmically worked obviously...

I'd be interested in hearing a sample. Pitch shifting didn't do it for me, because it's polyphonic and thus didn't sound like a whammy with 2 octaves up.

Regarding Wake up, you're probably right. A square wave tremolo should do it there.

I just watched a live video of wake up and Morello is playing it with his Telecaster, which doesn't have a killswitch. He isn't using a tremolo, as he's just picking the notes with his fingers:

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I used to play the wake up solo with a kill switch, not with a tremolo and I think that's what Morello is doing, so no need for a tremolo there.
    I needed the Whammy for the "broken" sound in the verse of bullet in the head and a few other songs. How do you achieve this sound?

My suggestion has been to include the low cut and hi cut in the Cab parameters, like in Line 6 Helix. This way one could set those values per rig. Sometimes more or less low or hi cut are needed. Still, even if those controls were only in the output section, it would be a big improvement.

I think this would be even better! However, any chance to introduce high and low pass post stack without wasting a slot would be great!

If you can't make it sound good by using the EQ controls or the amp parameters I'd just move on and use a different profile.

Do you still have the Zoom? Can you (or someone else?) record a sample of what this control does?
    I personally don't need this, but I'm interested in what it does.

(yesterday I started using a FCB1010 with Uno4Kemper, put a wah in the stomp section and locked it, it still worked today).

Lock is global.
    It doesn't have to be saved in a rig.

(actually it is global in every mode, not really global: If you lock something in browse mode, it stays locked in browse mode but not in performance mode. Locks in performance mode also stay in the performance mode.)

Also: if i use a MBritt profile of a Marshall and you use the same profile we have the same tone. We sound different because the player is different but the basic fundamentals of the tone are there. If i use a Marshall OF THE SAME KIND as somebody else we will sound different: Because no two amps are alike because there are a lot of factors that come into play: Tube age, component values etc etc

Another: With the Kemper it's easy to get a decent sound, but it totally removes (as i feel about it at least) the craftsmanship of getting tones and sounds true to YOUR identity. So the amps you choose with the mics you choose and the cabs etc etc and then GETTING a good sound which is a craft!

If you want to have your own sound and also want to keep the process of getting your sound a craft, try to create your own profiles!