Posts by Antipodes

The very idea, it's genius! ... Hypothetically speaking, of course ;-)

Pairing an HXFX with a stage would be a very good combination. Use MIDI to send PCs to the HXFX and you can call up a "board" that is set up for specific rigs/performances. The HXFX would be a much better choice for this than the Stomp, as the Stomp is mainly an amp modeler with effects, the HXFX is effects only and is designed for just such an application.

You can go the other way also: with the HXFX, you have a page called the command center (IIRC) where you can assign MIDI controls (PC, CC etc) to each patch/snapshot/footswitch on the HXFX. So you can use the HXFX to control the Stage whereas, at present the stomp does not have this facility. Stomp can send PC messages only.

Anyway - the point that the HXFX is well set up to work with the Stage is well made and the two units side by side is a pretty powerful combo.

HXFX has six buttons and supports 9 blocks for FX and routing. Stomp only has 3 buttons and supports 6 blocks. These have some good modulation and dynamics effects too. I think the HXFX is a good match with the Stage.

As to drives - more range and variety on the Line6 side as things stand - specific pedals are modelled .

Some new stomps coming to the KPA apparently (eg the already accidentally revealed SlowGear) but when we can't say. I would expect new info perhaps at Winter NAMM in January next year.

This would make a great Cure song!

Reminds me a little of Martin Sheen's monologue from Apocolypse Now as Captain Willard - supposedly in his hotel room in Saigon, getting blind drunk, attacking the mirror and talking about Charlie, out there in the jungle etc. ('zackly what his young son was doing out there in the jungle, I'll never know)

A great many people who use the internet do not have a computer other than their phone, especially in developing countries. The heaviest users are the young and their main sites are social media. Anyone using a KPA needs a computer to upate the KPA OS and to use Rig Manager. So everybody here (ie registered users) has at least access to a computer and may well use the forum from the same computer that runs Rig Manager and that they access the user downloads from Rig Exchange and Kemper support. The 78% stat is not relevant to this user group.

I’ve seen things you people wouldn’t believe. Editor beta's on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched KPA's glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like… impatient "paying customers" in rain. Time to die...

:D

Spikey - I just realized that your avatar reminds me of a certain piece of origami that crops up here and there in Blade Runner.

You can set the brightness separately for the color LEDs, the buttons, the LED collars and the TAP button. ;)

Those controls are an excellent idea. Many pedals with LEDs are so bright when the LED is active, I simply cannot read the text on the control labels in anything much duller than daylight because I am dazzled by the LEDs.

I got the impression from some of the new features lists in OS updates over the last year that new features to the OS were necessary to allow the operation of the remote editor over the USB link. The other thing is, the guys at HQ know about future plans that we have no idea about yet and laying some of the groundwork for them might be part of the process. Still, you can see what an impressive job Damien has done with ToastME.

I think that’s because there is no news about the new products Dan so people have nothing else to talk about.

Yeah - the product was shown at winter NAMM 7 full months ago. Since then we have speculated on the speaker type and whether a powered version will happen and when it might actually see the light of day and what it might cost. No definitive answers to any of these except that it is almost certainly not the FX-200.

Wait, who the heck says "ProcessEEZ"? As a native-born American, I've never heard any "English as a first language" person say it that way in the States. It sounds like something you would hear one of the nerds on "Big Bang Theory" say if they were giving a lecture and affecting an English accent; "The processEEZ of protein synthesis within the gestating hippocampus takes place within the male species of this particular fauna." :P

Jeffro

I have heard US academics of every stripe saying this over the last decade or so when they are guests on Australian Radio and TV - usually when they are being interviewed about a new book or being consulted as an expert on something other than English language. Apparently processEEZ is catching on bigtime in the academy over there.

What is the origin? You get plurals of words ending in -is being given -es endings eg crisis and crises. It suggest that the application of this sort of ending has been generalised a tad and that no real rules has been followed.

I mean US pronunciation of vowels can be a little idiosyncratic. I have joked that,when in doubt, the speaker just says the name of the vowel - you occasionally hear odd things like unEYEform and then of course there is discussion of the philosopher Fred KNEECHEE - I am not kidding - I had a stand up argument with a guy doing tertiary level philosophy who tried to insist that that pronunciation was acceptable for Neitzsche. I very much doubt Friedrich Wilhelm Neitzsche would have agreed but then again he was an odd duck.