Posts by Antipodes

I gather some possibility of a capture/playback option rearing its ugly head on this new device in future has been mentioned by somebody from Fender - although the substance of that is uncertain.

I think it only a matter of time before open source NAM capture playback finds its way onto these ARM based devices - NAM compatibility could easily become a common feature on cheap asian modellers in the next year or so for example => capture playback as a feature could become about as common place as tap tempo delays.

Higher gain will be easier to play.

However, I feel that the tone in 1984 album does not have much gain and have a great note definition.

Maybe I will try to fine tune the EQ.

Thank you.

Those single line phrases on the lower strings in the quieter sections sound just right to me - masses of gain is not what is needed. Maybe he backs off the volume a tad for those phrases and for the arpeggios where all the strings ring out with the mod pedal going.

Where are we up to with the USB driver for the KPA? Mention was made (in the initial announcement of forthcoming attractions with OS 10) of a proprietary driver being included with OS 10. Has that happened yet or is it still in development?

I am just irritated because in the manual there is a different information:

manual: "100 - 240V AC"

I took that "or" to mean that the Power Head is switchable between those two voltage ranges. Are there in fact two different models or is the power supply switchable between those ranges?

The Power Head has a 600 W Class D amp in it. Powering it is a whole different deal compared to just the digital preamp of the unpowered versions. AC voltage in Japan is 100 Volt. You should be fine running the power head there.

A backup of the KPA to USB will allow you to duplicate what you have on one kemper - rigs, performances, presets, settings etc - to another one.

A backup of Rig Manager will allow you to restore that backup to another computer that also has Rig Manager installed so that you can use your collection of rigs on a second kemper using another computer.

At the offered price, these are a no brainer for many I suspect so total sales might be expanded well beyond the pool of people who would pay twice as much - which still doensn't sound all that excessive.

I, for one, am glad that leading profilers like Bert are embracing Liquid Profiling and offering all of us in the KPA fraternity a new generation of top notch profiles to enjoy.

For the Mark Series amps the tone stack is a vital and integral part of the gain structure so getting the gain to behave properly will probably need the tone stack to behave like a Mesa too. The key is in that the tone circuit (basically a Fender tone stack with extra options) is placed before the clipping gain stages so influences how the amp distorts rather than just shaping the tone of the already distorted sound.

Imam sure Mark Series tone stack will be on the list to be added.

These are popular and flexible amps so having better fidelity to their behaviour in the KPA would be a good thing - it might not be simple to achieve. The 90 W Mark V has 9 preamp variations - 3 variations for each of the three channels (there are also some switches for different characters for some or all of the preamp variations within a channel and a normal/variac power switch which may affect the behaviour of the preamp). Would the same tone stack be applicable to all of them? The tone pots are the same for all three tones within each of the three channels - but there may well be variations between the channels and the gain structure is likely different between the clean and hi gain channels for example.

You need to enable beta OS updates in Rig Manager - then you will see beta OS `10. That version is essential to work with Liquid Profiles. If you prefer not to use beta versions we can expect a release version of OS 10 after some interval - could be next week or months - we don't know yet.