Posts by Antipodes

Hi Waraba,

I agree - that champ profile is awesome. BTW I have your archtop set also and it covers a range of tones - from clean into George Thoroughgood territory and beyond.

I have a few favourites for playing with an archtop - perhaps others can chime in too with some recommendations.

Hays Fender Champ 1967
    Hays ZAP Rivera 30 Jazz
    Hays Rivera 30-12 Clean c

There are several Henriksen Jazz amp profiles on RE - a few different authors - McRalfix is one author, Navdeep_Singh is the author of another one and he has also put a Phil Jones Cub up there.

I get a lot of crashes still with RM. Crashes when the profiler is shut down with RM running are common. This is on Win 7 64 and these have happened since about 1.6 and continue with the latest beta.

@Ibot39 I did not use an archive utility as I wanted to ensure there would be no issues with extracting the profiles. This being my first set for sale, I wanted to keep it simple. I will look into archive utilities though if it's a concern for customers and if anyone has suggestions I'd love to know what works well. I can understand the slight inconvenience but since I wasn't certain of the best or most universal archive utility that anyone can use, left me thinking having direct access to the profiles was best.

The compromise many go with is to put up the individual profile and a zip archive. Everybody's happy then.

I recommend these highly. If you like the Bloody Rocka set or some of the other Plexi style amp profile sets these will be right in your wheelhouse. Very pleased with the gain range and the choice of cabs/speakers. The EVH, scumback M75s and the G12-65s would have to be top of my wishlist for cabs and they don't disappoint.

I'm with Ash on this - the range of possibilities of this amp are too tempting to pass up. The Mk V is very versatile with lots of clean to moderate overdrive options - eg Tweed and Edge modes are not the usual Boogie fare.

In 10 watt mode it runs in Class A which offers a different harmonic structure and quite a sweet distorted tone when cranked up - should still do a respectable 110 dB or so. The Mk1 mode and the IIc modes are classic tones from the Mark series recreated by this amp. Looking forward to seeing what magic Dan can work with this baby.

Choptones has a lot of nice rigs in his packs but the labels are mostly blank. It would be handy for users and presumably the vendor to be able to select a bunch of rigs which use the same cab or mic or whatever and edit that field in one operation for the whole set.

+1 for moving folders inside others.

Thanks @Antipodes! Seeing it as a crash rather than an installer glitch was the ticket. I ran again without the Profiler attached and had no further trouble.

OK - glad to hear. The 1.6 build was crashing daily for me for the last months. Support seemed to think it was something about other software I was running - I am on Win 7 64. I had a crash after the download completed on the first go through and so had to restart 1.6 RM and download all over again which is thankfully very quick these days. On the second run through I got the installer pop-up and ran it to completion.

BTW - installing betas kills my RM shortcut on the desktop which points to nothing after the update. I have to launch from the start menu. Then when the thing goes full release I need another new RM shortcut to launch it.

GIven that you cannot run the full version and a beta update at the same time it might be better to maintain the shortcut somehow.

BTW - the new RM beta 2.0 seems more stable for me so far so that is good news. Looking forward to the editor.

Rig Manager is not restarting after the download and the when I restart RM it's another update notification and the same result. I'm on Winblows 10...

If RM is shutting down before the install process that is a crash - the install process which requires user intervention after the download happens without closing RM. Shutdown happens when the installer completes from memory.

Guys just got KPa powered rack
    Just did first days preproduction with it was great running straight into my vintage 4x12 , but for big shows gonna need more db's
    Would I be better to run from Monitor out to radial amp splitter then into Fx loop returns on each of my Marshall Amps then 16 ohm out to each cabinet ????
    Thanks

The Kemper Power head has hundreds of watts and transparent power amplification. You should be able to run multiple 4x12 cabs in parallel from the power head. If the cabs are 16 Ohm, then 2,3 or 4 quad boxes in parallel should be feasible. You might need a connector box to wire up that many of course.

If you go the other way, with Marshall power tubes driving the cabs, you will get a different response and the colouration of those power sections will be superimposed on the profiles. You may like the result - depending on the profiles you are using and your tastes so I would do that comparison (ie Power head vs Marshall power amp into the same 4x12) and choose which works better for you live on stage at stage volume.

Some pros do go the tube power amp route - eg Michael Britt for some time used a 100 Mesa Lonestar head power section on stage to drive a MESA cab with C90s rather than FRFR monitoring ( he has more recently mentioned using a Friedman FRFR too ) not exactly sure what he is currently using in his live rig.

The Berklee Music website was linking to ART (a manipulative therapy) for that sort of problem (tendonosis in the flexor compartment of the arm). I gather the early phases of the problem result in scar tissue formation in the tendon/tendon sheaths which results in the subsequent returns of the problem when activity resumes.