Posts by Antipodes

One way to achieve this would be to have a curated collection. Tweakers would submit tweaked profiles to the curator who hosts them. Commercial producers could either agree to donate the underlying profile if they created it and get some acknowledgement/exposure OR agree to sell it to users who don't already own if for a modest sum.

Users who already own the profile ( a minoity for sure) would then only be acquiring the tweaked version and the tweakers could donate their work or charge a nominal sum. At present this is a stumbling block of sorts because it would not always be so simple to prove that you are a legit owner - sending a copy of the source profile or providing email proof of purchase would both be possible ways and a cooperating vendor could confirm the license of a particular user I guess.

The revenue obtained from selling from this collection could be shared among creative contributors and support the site.

The basic idea of producing state of the art tweaked sounds is what the whole synth and sampler business runs on. Third parties sell banks of tweaked presets and they are often among the best available. Not being able to exploit the creative energies of this community to the full is definitely a shortcoming of things as they are - as the original poster has pointed out. Worth thinking about IMO.

Thanks Antipodes appreciate it, :) The backing track is one of mine, although claiming a chord progression of G-Em-Am-D to be mine, would be an exaggeration :)

Well recorded then. I wondered if you would care to share it on Soundcloud or something. Could be fun to play over.

Some new /13 profiles on RE from Pneumo you might like have tipped up. These are direct profiles. I borrowed some suitable cabs from the Tonehawk set (/13 blockhead and the Fender Champ) - of course there are plenty of other options if you simply lock in a cab you like for this type of sound. Very sweet fender style cleans which work a treat with my single coils. Thanks to Pneumo.

I thought the Diaz might just work for me and hmm ... they certainly do. Very sweet warm cleans - beautiful with neck humbuckers and single coils. The more driven profiles come up very well too. One of your best sets I think Michael. Kudos.

These are working pretty well for me with the right cabs. I have had good results with the Deadlight Studio Hesu and Mesa oversize cabs. The boosted profiles are icing on the cake and together with the clean and more moderate gain profiles this set covers a lot of ground. Looking forward to the Studio versions.

I keep coming back to this profile. It works just as well with EMG SA p/u. It so versatile - cleans up nicely too. The Deadlight Studio Hesu cab is really well recorded and it seems to be so well matched to the direct profile from the Poundcake. Worth a look if you haven't checked it out yet.

This is a great profile - you can really get that Mick Ronson sort of sound (eg the intro riff from Bowie's Rebel Rebel) with this profile and an LP - just dial in the right amount of gain and you're done. Very nice balance in this sound - plenty of mids but not muddy. Choptones has a good RR re-issue set too but - out of the box - they are more mid-scooped in tone. They are dialed in for more modern rock sounds

In the notes you mention "power soak" - was that active when this was being profiled. If so it came up well. Seems like any others you have or can do with this amp would be well received. Thanks for sharing.

(Edit - oops - turns out that the guitar on studio version of Rebel Rebel was David himself and not Ronson)

I was just checking out some new profiles on RE.

Petro Coppola has some Brunetti Maranello and Singleman profiles - "Test country shine" is a treat on single coils as is the Test SH Cl BR FAT

Jay Caldwell has posted a gem - particularly for any single coil guys - Fender Deluxe Reverb 64 RI - this has two ratings so far @ 5.0 and is gorgeous with single coils and not too shabby with a 335 either.

Thanks to these authors - these are right up there with the better commercial Fender style profiles IMO.