Posts by virango

I had a hard time understanding the color/brighness scheme with the effects slots. Bright is on, grey is off and no color is "currently being edited". Either you come up with a different color for "currently being edited" or it should be the other way around at least, so that no color, same as the background means inactive/not assigned/empty - because that is the way it reads to me.

The basic idea is to be close to KPA, so I'll mark the edited stomp/fx/amp with an arrow facing down.
    "No color is "currently being edited"" seems to be a bug, the color shouldn't change.

Did you make a note of my crash/bug report regarding switching to Tuner?

The problem is, that it seems to be a Mac only issue. I've got a crash report from @Michael_dk, but unfortunately it doesn't give me a clue, what's
    wrong. I made an debug-build, you can find on github (_D postfix). So could you please try it and then add the crash report to the issue list@github? Thanks.

First, if MIDI is rightly connected (KPA-out => MAC-in, KPA-in => Mac-out ) and the ports rightly configured, there is no need to request the values over the menu item (I guess, it's that what you're talking about).
    The editor requests all required values at startup and by changing into the edit mode (long click on stomp/amp/cab/fx button)
    The exit knob is not supposed to do anything in the hardware, it is there to leave the edit mode.

Ok, crash is always bad, thanks for reporting I'll fix it.

Regarding the value knob. If you are talking about the LED-ring, so yes there is an issue (LED-ring behaves linear, but the values are logarithmic).
    It will be fixed till main (non ALPHA/BETA) release.

And how can i change the parameters of an effect, f.e. ducking, Predelay, Bandwith and so on off the reverb? I searched but i only found to change the reverb type and the main knobs time and mix on the front panel.

Long click on a stomp/effect button.

Hi Virago, great work, Just installed it and connected it via midi cabels to my tascam mk 122 mark II interface. Plug and play!
    First question: I went to the x slot button. Right cklick on it. The menü appears. Clicked the chorus button.There are placed the main chorus stomps. How do i get my customized chorus presets?

cheers
    Frank[/quote]

Currently there are no presets available. It's planned for a future release.

Thomas

Thanks for coming back to me.

On my system there is no menu 'Settings>Configure Toaster' all it says is 'Settings>Show statusbar' and nothing else.

Can reproduce it (occurs on mac only) and will fix it.
    As workaround: delete ~/.config/Toaster/Toaster.ini.

The MIDI settings dialog can be opened by "Settings->Configure Toaster..." menu
    Toaster will probably crash if you have the Qt framework installed.

Thomas

Can't set up the Midi Ports. There is no Menue Item. I`m on Mac 10.9.

You have a MIDI interface connected and can see it in the MIDI setup utility, I guess?
    If so, there could be a compatibilty problem as toaster was build on 10.10.

Mac version works here now - cool!

- Can't turn stomps and effects off or on - and neither these two sections as a whole (i.e. entire stomp section, entire effects section) - although it correctly registers state from changes made on the kemper on the individual stomps (but NOT the whole section on/off state)

@Michael_dk
    Can't reproduce your issue neither on linux nor on windows and the hackintosh@virtualbox (where I do the builds) can't access the KPA. Could you please write in detail what happens, please? Do the button "lights" go on and off?null

@mac-user
    Anyone here has the same issue (on a mac)?

1. Did you try a long click on the edited stomp button? Or does it not work on touchscreen?
    2. A sizeable skinned GUI is difficult, but skinns in diffrent sizes are surely possible. I think, I put it on the planned features list. Planned are also different views (e.g. rack view)
    3. Good ideas => on the list.