Posts by roadrunner

I think in the case being refered to, G String got it spot on. Like everything in life it's the few rotten apples that can and do spoil it for everyone else. Maybe if someones behaviour is so offensive to other members some kind of petition could be instigated to have that person booted off. At least that way it would be an in-house method that keeps the mothership above accusations of censorship and heavy-handedness. Also the person starting anykind of banning petition would have to have a very good reason. Case in point sailed very close to the wind, but was it close enough?

Ok. Thanks for the reply G String.
    I must say that overall I've found the ordering process for the remote about as difficult as putting on a hat. Do l wish l was first in line, when l ordered at the same time as just about everyone else here? Hell yeah! :P To those first in line- GOOD ON YA just remember we'll all be expecting stonking reviews and insights- no pressure then 8o . Everyone else, me included, patience is a virtue.

IIRC kemper said at the outset only bundled kpa and remote would initially be sold through outlets and if you just want the remote then you'd have to go through the kemper store. I'm a little confused as to what's unacceptable about that? We've all on this forum been given equal chance to get first dibs on the remote at the same price it's being advertised all over the web. Again what is unacceptable?

I've gotta set up every time l use it Paults. It's a massive PITA. For some obscure reason my beloved seems to think leaving cables out lying around will upset her or something?
    Anyways I've been doing fair bit of research today, even soldering tutorials Lokasenna, and it's kinda turned into a project now. Using all neutrik stuff, decent cabling, rack panel and the tools to do it ( soldering iron, solder, wire strippers etc ) it'll cost about £80. For that
    1. Powercon hook up
    2+3 1/4" trs main outs
    4 USB
    5 midi out
    6 1/4" ts monitor out
    7 1/4" trs return
    8 remote
    Any thoughts on this would be greatly appreciated before l commit to this. Thanks for reading.

Have been pondering the merits of wiring up a patch panel in my rack and would welcome opinions on this.
    The only two advantages of doing this, that l can see are:-
    1. It protects the kpa from the wear and tear of constant set up and break down.
    2. It should make it a little quicker and easier to hook everything up.
    Disadvantages:-
    1. It will cost a fair bit money to get what l essentially already have.
    2. It will involve a fair bit of effort and a learning curve on soldering skills.
    I'm sure I'll have missed something above too. Is this even worth doing in the first place? Many thanks for reading, l welcome all and any opinions.

Not directly. Had loops on an rc-50 from the kemper and pushed those through. It did sound good though and the drums too. Do you think l should break the 15" speaker in for my niece? I've boxed it back up now for her birthday.

My nieces birthday is coming up and she's got an e-drumkit, rhythm and a cheap n nasty hand me down guitar amp from me to use. So l decide to get her a drum monitor. Box MA150 l think it's called from Thomann. Turned up today and well err l had to test it, y'know make sure it works and all that.
    Put a drum thing through it and it sounded great. Then thought pipe some rhythm guitar in there as well. Not bad. Fired up the kemper and played through a pair of rokit monitors over it. It sounded awesome. I'm almost tempted to get one for myself. The improvement, over trying to run guitar and backing stuff through the rokits, was vast for a relatively modest amount.
    So l was wondering if anyone has tried. anything like this?

Thanks for the input Paults, Raoule23 and nightlight. :)
    Coming from the digital mush of line 6, I have no real experience of genuine amps and therefore no 'that's my amp, I'll check those rigs' sorta thing. Sure I could say ' I love rock- gotta be marshall ' kinda thing but that seems very limiting. Reading back over my original post, maybe the answer is right there? See what tunes a given rig coaxes out of me and take notes. A backwards methodology? Let the tune find the rig instead of looking for the rig to fit the tune?

Off loaded all my old line 6 stuff viabcroce. With the remote on it's way ( end of February???) I'm gonna have to wait until then. No shortcuts then Inthrutheout? :)

So, I'm a month into the Kemper and loving it. On the waiting list for a remote, I can't switch while playing yet, so have decided to wallow in ignorance until it arrives and then figure performance mode and all the flexibility this stunning unit provides. Have a dvp-1 xl en-route too, prefer the larger size to the dvp-3, so that should be fun. I really like the rig manager, took a little head scratching at first but got there pretty quick. So far I've skimmed the rig exchange and organised folders into amp types; marshall, orange, engl etc. ( just the top rated ones so far and believe me that's enough) with a view to cherry pick my favourites. It's impossible! I empty the kpa, backed-up of course, load an amp type and go tone hunting. Simples.
    What's happening is that I'm playing to whatever profile is loaded, and in the main they all sound great. Albeit not necessarily what I intended to play in the first instance. A song/artist will lend itself to a profile and it just comes out. For example I end up butchering Rhandy Rhodes tunes for an hour and it sounds awesome ( the profile not me!) but I planned on some chord work. Then I browse on and f**k me the next ones even better and on and on.
    I would love some advice on how to develop some disicpline and not get side tracked by almost every profile I check out. Kid in a candy store doesn't even come close!
    Cheers for reading.
    P.S. I'm not even looking at the pro-rigs until I've developed some control :/

thomman have due in store 2-4 days for the kpa+kpr bundle now. Has anyone of us 'early birds' got news of it shipping to them yet? I'm a little confused about what this 'early bird' actually means. At the moment it's seems we have the privilege of ordering first but, not necessarily getting one first.

That caught my eye too. Was planning on getting a beatbuddy ( one of the most unfortunate of names, in my opinion) a drum machine in pedal form, that seems to offer some cool flexibility.
    The trio pedal has made that decision a little trickier. Will have to see how well received it becomes first.
    The concept of flexible rhythms in pedal form is very groovy (sorry!).