Posts by Eru

I've been so close to purchasing the Strymon spring/tremolo pedal so many times, but then I always think to myself, it must be coming in the next update... It's been two years since I first said that to myself...

As a Flint owner, do it!

Yeah profiling is definitely the way to go, especially now that we have cab separation. One thing that might be cool to do would be a little app where you put the tone stack config and values of the amp along with the settings it was profiled at. Then you deconvolve that from the profile and load that tonestack model into profile so you have the same tone control behaviour as the amp.

[Blocked Image: http://media.digikey.com/Photo…ogic%20Photos/CDB8422.JPG]
    http://www.cirrus.com/en/pubs/rdDatasheet/CDB8422_DB2.pdf

The CS8422 looks to be a pretty cool chip. Stereo asynchronous sample rate conversion, so if I read correctly Kemper can still hang out at 44.1 as its own clock source and the output of the board can be whatever you desire (and synced to your interface/master clock).

The chip itself is only a few dollars and the eval board has a lot more functionality that we'd need so it seems plausible that a digital studio interface box could be made for non-bank-breaking money :D I only I had studied EE instead of chemical....

EDIT: Oh yeah, but we'd need 2 of them (one for each direction).

Just had a blatt of the new profiles through the loop of my MkV, sounded gnarly! Still plenty of each amps character coming through, but with more homogenous tone (a good thing for live IMO) and impact.

Michael uses them via the tube power section of his amp with the cab section bypassed on the master out.

I've used them with solid state poweramps into a guitar cab and love the overall tone. I'm fighting with a bit of woof on the low-end but I'm hoping CK adds a highpass filter which would resolve this. At the moment I either dial the bass back a couple of blobs or use an EQ post amp to take out some sub 80hz which really cleans things up. I tried them through an Engl tube poweramp and that seems to round off the bass where solidstate seems to enhance it, easy to eq though.

Either way you can make them work for you and they do sound and feel superb!

what amp is that? Something high-power I imagine?

Do the Britt profiles work well with regular guitar cabinets? I don't have any FRFR at the moment but itching to try the vintage pack. Sure the voicing will change, but is the basic vibe of the amp still there?

Edit:
    OMG! Just realised who you are Michael! Big fan!

I know what you mean. I have a HP "Super Computer" that I used to use for my video editing business. Now it s dedicated to kick a** session of Elder Scrolls Online. AMAZING GAME!!!

100% off topic, but perhaps you could massage me your thoughts on how much it has changed singe F2P launched. I played beta and launch but fell off the bandwagon, I hear rumours that things are quite different.

My Roland MA-15D manage to make my Kemper sound quite bad compared with the Camper Plus.

I have decided to delay rolling out my KPA for live use as I am struggling to find the time to put together the right mix of rigs with the last year of my Engineering degree in full swing, and so am thinking of cancelling my remote order and picking up some speakers so I can enjoy myself at home.

I know there are lots of threads discussing monitors, but they seem quite unfocused in terms of price range so I thought I'd have a more defined attempt :thumbup:

I don't record or mix anything so they are just for use with Kemper and listening to music (not into EDM or anything bass heavy like that).

My room is 2.6x3.4m

If I make an equilateral triangle with my monitors and my head then the spacing is about 0.8m

What do you guys recommend for my situation?

Some speakers that have caught my eye are:

• Presonus Sceptre S6 - I like the idea of coaxial placement, but don't know if it's just marketing spin in this case
    • Behringer Truth 3031A - Ribbon tweeter seems cool, but the internet makes be scared of the big-B even though my own experiences with their gear have been largely positive

Any thoughts on those? Anything else I should be considering?

So we don't have any kind of roadmap as for what to expect in future FW updates?

Out of interest to feature requests get acknowledged or are they just 'there'?

Oh oh! I smell a KPA vs AFX coming on!

So I will keep it brief. I recently changed from Axefx II to Kemper, haven't looked back yet. I plug in like an amp, it looks like an amp, it sounds like an amp, it feels like an amp.

I'm not a big effects user but I've been happy with what I have used, they 'seem' crapper because you can't tweak as many things but I'm not convinced they're sonically that inferior.