Posts by FearComplexMusic

In my experience every amp requires different timing for when to end the refining process. My 5153 for instance profiled accurately with just 7 seconds of refining, any longer and say hello to the dreaded bloated low end, any shorter and the lows haven't filled out yet. My 6505 required around 15 seconds, my custom JCM 800 just over 20 seconds.

This might be an unnecessary or even wrong approach with the likes of a Fender Twin but with high gain amps pumping out a chunky low end through an oversized Mesa cab it is essential to time it just right. I also palm mute only as playing a variety of chords seems to keep the Kemper guessing, I feed it consistent palm mutes only and listen for the moment the Kemper latches on and nails it.

These methods for me, result in 99% perfect profiles when playing solo and 100% indistinguishable from the real amps in a mix.

If it's boomy regardless of what notes / strings are being played try a low shelf cut or simply dial back the bass knob, if it's happening only when playing certain notes or just the low e string then it's likely a resonant peak issue. Sweep an EQ boost from 100hz to 200hz and the offending peak(s) will be obvious.

Ah yeah that cab is something special. I sold it then instantly regretted it, persuaded the buyer to sell it back to me, which he did, for an extra 100 :|
    I'd have paid even more though! Funny thing is there's only one good speaker in the cab, it's so much better than the others that in a listening test you would think it's a different model.

Very cool KD, funny you should mention RIB, I was riffing Postmortem during refining!

Hey folks, I've had a bunch of requests to profile the rig I used in this clip...

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

It's up on the exchange now, look for "The Thrash Collector" - Enjoy!