I'm interested in some information about the ideal housing for the Kone. Hopefully Kemper provides recommendation in the near future.
I am pretty sure that there won't be an ideal 2 X 12 or 4 X 12 sizing.
Since the Kabinet is closed back, a cab that you design might want to stay with a closed back.
But I plan on making a 2 X 12 cab with component flexibility.
1. Closed or 1/2 to 3/4 open backs.
2. Removable baffles with different drivers.
I will definitely have a pair of Kones on a baffle.
I am going to use a pair of EVM-12S for Thiele configuration.
And a pair of Jensen C12N's in the cab for use with my '68 Bandmaster.
I will also be mixing and matching some single drivers as well.
3. I want to have an easily mounted enclosure that fits into the cab
that gives me two Thiele 1 X 12 enclosures in a single horizontal 2 x 12.
4. I want stereo and mono wiring.
5. For stereo, I want a divider that splits the 2 X 12 into two vertically stacked 1 X 12s.
That way when I get a Stage down the road, I can use the separate Kones with separate profiles
and speaker imprints.