Posts by fastnloud

tried irtx (too small) q12a (had weird noises and just shut down by itself) asm ( damaged in shipping) . asm was the better solution imo but still didn't do much for me so now i'm building my own 112,212, and even 412 frfr cabinets. I really dislike the wedge cabinets im more for the backline style cabs, but if its just for the house, maybe. I use normal monitors and my Diaz cab for band gigs. The mission 212 looks ok but crap 1700.00 kinda steep and stereo out a 212 is not the best option, you really need 2 cabs for that to sound right. One 212 cab or 2 112 wedges, as far as hassle and weight, does not make much difference to me. If your complaining about 20lbs difference you prob drive a prius with a "feel the burn" sticker on it..lol

I also prefer to use passive cabs with something like a matrix 800. I also would not gig with cabinets on poles. i think it looks kinda cheesy but that's just my opinion everyone is different. Its rock n roll for gods sake gotta have a least a half stack.. :thumbup:

I would look at the ASM-12 real hard before buying anything. I guess you could buy the ASM-12 from sweetwater and eat the return shipping if you didn't like it. It was def the best out the 3 but i agree with the other post it could have used some more options in the back. you can still send FOH out of the output of speaker. Its built well and looks good.

yes nothing is perfect. the kemper sounds like what i'm looking for.my only reservation is not being able to create my own presets but dont think thats worth a grand more to accomplish with AFX..lol

your setup should kill it. might be a chore connecting all those though to the kemper IDK BUT if you pull it off should sound awesome indeed. Please post the results when you get it all together.

I found that most fx are over the top in most videos. I think the key is subtle adjustments and not over doing the fx to your chain. too much of one thing makes the ear tired quickly. If you ever get around to actually trying the H9 you might really like it. remember the max is lifetime fx for free. I bought mine used for 525.00. either brand is a winner though. I really loved my strymons just needed to downsize mainly. One very nice thing with h9 is the editing on computer. so much easier than dealing with pedals on the floor. It would be awesome if strymon did this soon or came out with a pedal like the H9, I'd buy one in a heartbeat :)

how do you like the kemper so far is it doing what you thought it would do for you?. lacking anything for you? I'm still on the fence trying to decide. guess i could order from sweetwater and return if it didn't work out.

both strymon and eventide are great units. funny i sold all my strymons for h9 max after comparing fx for several weeks. I stopped listening to stuff on youtube that I was interested in buying. its either crappy audio , bad demos, bad playing, or over produced. like I said they are both great products. Still on the fractal list though, waiting,wating,wating... wondering what best move would be? I can buy a kemper with FB plus a gt800 amp for FRFR cabs for the price of an AFX and MFC, so save about 5-600 bucks. your wife sounds pretty cool you might want to keep her around.. :) enjoy

The Eventide H9 might work for you.

I'm on the list for the XL+ but now looking into the Kemper rack unit. I really hate having to be put on a waiting list just to spend several thousand bucks of my money to someone. nice to have more than one option though :)

Kemper looks very nice... tempted to pull the trigger!