Posts by mrguitar

Bakersounds ok, I just restarted Rig Manager and it appears to re-sync with the exchange on start up. I can see them on the application now. I bet if you restart RM they will be available. I suspect there's a smarter way to re-sync the exchange, but I don't see an option to do it manually.

Good point! I can see them in the web interface where they get uploaded, but I just checked Rig Manager and I don't see them. I believe I read somewhere else that there's a delay for them to show up. My apologies if I posted this prematurely. Hopefully they'll show up soon (or I'll go learn what I got wrong as this is my first time to attempt an upload).

Anyway, thanks for checking!

Hey everyone. I've been using my KPA since 2015 w/ mostly mbritt profiles. I wasn't really satisfied with the other free and commercial XTC profiles I've used. ....and no I didn't buy *all* of them, but I did buy a bunch! Anyway, I have no ambition to sell any profiles, but I do want to get better at capturing tones that sound good "in the room" as well as in the mix w/ a band. I'm really not an expert at dialing in stuff.

Anyway, I made 4 profiles of my 2001 XTC, and I'd love to get some feedback on these. The amp settings sound unworldly here, and I do feel like these captured it reasonably well w/ a 57 mic and playing them through a kone. I didn't mess with making a merge profile and I don't believe the liquid EQs are available for this amp. If you search the rig exchange for "mrguitar" they will pop up.

I guess 1) I hope these are useful for others. 2) if you think I should to change amp or mic settings to get better captures, I would love to hear it and learn from you. I have some other high-end amps I'd really like to get good captures as well. I realize this is highly subjective. :)

Thanks in advanced and enjoy!

Honestly, I didn't try either. I just spun them up in rig manager and they felt like a huge step backwards from the mbritt ones I've been using for way too long. :( They may very well prove useful for some recording down the road, but they won't work for replacing my main 5 sounds for live work, and that's what I was hoping for.

you load it with the following:

• Powered head
    • remote
    • mission expression pedal

I love the kemper bag, but this weekend the shoulder strap failed. The metal snapped at both ends of the strap while I was putting it on my shoulder.

[Blocked Image: https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/pw/AL9nZEW0x91ddTgiVQmg0twlR-Pr5K5bF0TXGSF_PzAY2EzPKoX4Lm8xYJVUsz2ptFryyWgCLIox6eWniaHKk_2Qtqikd6jWNQ_CQYZvaGLI-8E1EXYLwDVaQmkexsswA80PjkSkMgJjU2YM8wZC8XVFNemnBw=w1272-h957-no?authuser=0]

Luckily the case did it's job and protected my rig as it fell to the floor. I've been loading mine down like this for years (maybe 2016? 2017? I don't know) and never really thought about this being a risk. Anyway, I think it's a high quality bag and I'm not complaining, but maybe this will help others if they're putting this much in the bag.

$0.02,

[edit] apparently I don't know how to properly link to photos. It shows in previews but is blocked. Whatever, I'm attaching the photo in case this is interesting/helpful. Cheers,

What?! I feel like I'm in the twilight zone. The Kemper bag is awesome. It perfectly holds the Kemper, remote, mission expression pedal, and power & Ethernet cable. It also provides the right level of protection I need and is comfortable to carry. It was worth every penny.

Either you received a bad one, or we have very different needs/expectations on what a bag should do.

I used my Kemper for all electric guitars (2 Tom Andersons & 3 Warmoths) and bass parts, and I couldn't be happier with the results. This took me almost two years to complete with my busy carrier, and I'm grateful I got through it.

It's available via:

iTunes: https://itunes.apple.com/us/al…app=itunes&ign-mpt=uo%3D4

Amazon: http://a.co/aAvtZSU

....and due to limitations with distrokid the nerdy liner notes are hosted on my web site here: http://mrguitar.net/blog/?page_id=664

Please check out the samples and let me know if you like what you hear.

Cheers and happy Easter!

There's probably a better place in the forum for this, but I'm watching Steve Winwood open for Steely Dan and there are two beautiful Kempers on the stage. :)

:/ can't upload a picture from my phone but I'll do it later.

I hate to say this, but the merged profiles I've made suck. And that's the whole reason I bought the powered Kemper. The direct part of them is really good, but when you do the merge, the studio one gets worse sounding IMO. I won't speak for Mbritt, but he has said almost as much on his YouTube videos.

Maybe if I was a better engineer this wouldn't be an issue, but for now I've settled on either studio profiles OR direct ones.

I've never had anything like that happen, and I don't think interference could play a part either. Double, no triple check your firmware version, buy all the Michael Britt profiles, then profit! I gig with mine regularly, ASA well as record & practice with it and it's rock solid.

After reading those responses and thinking about it, none of those options are that great. I guess it would be really nice to just get an email that says, "hey dumbass update your kemper!" or alert me when I start rig manager. Unless that's already a feature.

/me goes back to being a grumpy old man.

Is there a mailing list or thread I can subscribe to for firmware notifications? I really don't enjoy checking for the 4.x firmware on an almost daily basis. It makes the wait seem quiet a bit longer. Thanks,