Posts by RevNeil

If my Kemper Input source is set to SPDIF Input Reamp and a guitar is plugged into the the Front Input, should I hear my plugged in guitar through the Kemper Headphone output?

By mistake, I upgraded to PROFILER Public Beta Operating System 8.5.2.29290B. I wasn't paying attention to my update prompts.

I haven't re-amped for a while. But I wrote down my procedure and I/O settings for my DAW, interface and on the Profiler and I've successfully re-amped with these settings quite a number of times.

Today when I switched to Input source as SPDIF Input Reamp, the only signal that gets processed by the Kemper is the Front Input. In the past, I don't believe this was ever the case.

My DAW is sending a mono signal on a SPDIF channel (according to the channel meters in the DAW) but I'm getting no re-amped signal at the Kemper headphone outputs out or from the Kemper SPDIF outputs.

My SPDIF output is set to Master Stereo.

Does this sound like something broke in the Beta release?

With this I save the setting in the rig manager (local library).

But I want to save it as a preset on the Kemper.

So I would have to drag the output button on the left to All Presets -> MyKemper right?

I believe you just need to press and hold the output button until it blinks, then press store, then press OUTPUT section. This will make it available as a preset within the Kemper itself.

I'm not positive this is what you are looking for but in Rig Manager, I just dragged the output icon located at the end of the signal chain in the editor to a folder I created under All Presets > Local Library > Output Section

It stored what I needed to change from one mode to another.

The only thing I will add is that once my performances are there and not touched, I’ve never had any wonky issues happen.

I’ve also used midi commands to change parameters like morphing, starting and stopping stomps, delays and reverbs and changing slots and performances. I haven’t yet experienced any wonky behavior that you described above once things are working.

I think there might be some witchcraft that I don’t understand when it comes to rig manager editing performances as to what is downloaded to the profiler and when things are synced.

Maybe someone else that understands the sequence of what happens when will chime in.

Hope this helps!

Hey Dmount1,

I’ve had my profiler for years. In the last 6 months I’ve started using performance mode.

I’ve perceived some wonky things happen when putting together performances. I’m convinced that it’s a mixture of my methods, my interpretation of the documentation, and maybe software issues that correct itself on upon saving the performance, opening up another performance then reopening the first performance I created and the changes are now there.

I’ve not put in the time to try and reproduce the wonky behavior because the longer I put together performance entries, the weirdness I experience is less and less.

So, yeah, I’ve seen stuff that I didn’t expect, but the more I play, the less problems I encounter. You aren’t the only one.

I tried using a Linux box to download the file. Worked perfect.

Had an idea to use another OS / computer after my last post and tried to edit my original post but couldn't figure out how.

My Windows 10 machine might be at fault here. Fresh upgrade from Win7 so I really don't have a clue yet about Windows 10 to attempt to troubleshoot.