Posts by benifin

A big blocker will / should be that the Player Amp Block does *not* include any of the deep editing parameters other than Definition.

To me, that's just "neutering" for the sake of "neutering".

Don't forget also that this unit with all its [deliberate] de-engineering and [deliberate] feature omissions and neutering, is still almost %50 the cost of a stage.

and ....... add a decent Midi FSW .. ie: Morningstar MC6 Mk II ..... and then pay for some software and hardware upgrades down the track .... and well.... its just not going to stack up in terms of $$ ... i.m.h.o. ... and you'll still only have 2 x Pre [Limited] EFX blocks and 2 x Post [Limited] EFX Blocks.

and ..... you cant load Toaster / Rack / Stage Pre-sets if they use more than 4 Blocks !!!

and .... you're going to need a hefty very well isolated Pedal board P/S to run this and your other pedals ie:- just the Palyer is 9 - 12v @ 240w ... that puts it somewhere between 1A <-> 2A needed just for this pedal

Ben

This player isn't for me - I have a Stage ..... but is it true (?) that Kemper have said that at some time in the future they will release updates which add more features etc.... but you will have to pay for them ?!?!

This would be stunning to me ... and not in a good way.

I'm not aware of any 2023 modeler that charges for new features, efx, amp etc...... Fractal, L6, Boss GT, current Kemper units etc.....

I just cant see or believe that Kemper / Christoph would even consider going down this path ?

Ben

Mbritt sent out a Black Friday Deal email the other day and said once the Tour finishes he is itching to get back to releasing a whole bunch of new profiles - all of which I expect / presume will be Liquid Profiles .... my guess is min-Jan <-> Feb 24.

The other reason is that I suspect that all pack sellers are waiting for more Amp Channels to be added so an increased variety of LP Packs can be produced.

Ben

manual p.172:

With Power Saggingset to 0%, the original dynamic range of the PROFILE is maintained.

When you turn Power Saggingbeyond 50%, you go beyond what can be achieved with an analog tube amp.

Thanks very much .... I definetly missed that :)

All the best,

Ben

Hi all !

Whilst I *do* understand what “Power Sagging” does ..... what is not clear is the setting at zero / 0.

When the “Power Sagging” is set to zero / 0 does it

1 => remove all “Power Sagging” from the Profile (?)

or

2 => does it retain the “Power Sagging” that the Profile has in it, and simply just "not add any more" Power Sagging (?)

Thanks,

Ben

UPFRONT - I have no association or relationship with Thomas Dill in any way shape or form, directly or indirectly, financially or in kind. Pack was not provided or asked for and bought by myself at full price.

Hi all !

Since OS 10 came out I have been using 12 or so profiles from the 3 x Official Free Kemper LP Packs .... sounds have been stellar so far ..... all I use is a Deluxe Rev, AC15, a "Rock" Amp and a Plexi

Yesterday I bought and picked up TD's B&B Pack ...so far I have only picked and used and set up 4 of the 92 Profiles

PREFACE - I set up all my sounds / tones for live and loud FRFR use .... so I keep the low end under tight control, have a healthy degree of mid-range and keep the high end under tight control too ... if I were recording, I would set them up quite differently

Pro's

- very easy to dial in

- don't require a massive amount of Hi/Lo / Cab adjustments

- the gains scale up in a very clear and "clean" way .... and the tones have a much fuller "body" ...... really musical saturation but not congested

- AC 15 = amazing

- Plexi = amazing

- Friedman = to my utter shock = amazing ... like all Friedman's just turn the mids way down, add a bit of Bass and adjust treble to taste .... keep the Gain on the low side ... Friedman Gain is the classic case of "less is more" .. result = classic Marshall mid-gain

Con's

- none

The KPA LP free packs are great .... but .... this pack has that "something special" in it ... the time taken to dial in the Amps and the mic placement is clearly and immediately evident.

So far, I've set up only 4 profiles and they are locked in .... and there's another 88 I may not even bother going in to :) ... but I'm certain others will really enjoy all 92.

To my ears and fingers .... I cannot recommend this pack highly enough ..... as I sometimes say, if you cant find at least 10 - 15 workhorse day to day rock solid pro sounding tones in this pack, then maybe the KPA and LQ is not for you ;)

Enjoy and great work Thomas.

Ben

Got it. Lots of Liquid profiles pretty much tweaked and ready to go :) !!!

Hey Thomas - you weren't kidding about this amp:-

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Thanks very much Thomas .... super informative and great response ... your KPA education over the years has been invaluable to me / everyone :)

I've got some shows in the next week so will grab these after that.

That Italian Amp - I am of Italian heritage - sounds like it could be very classic but with its onw unique twists ... which is always better i.m.h.o.

Apologies for my dumbness .... am I right in saying that all up in total, there is a mix of Liquid and Generic profiles (?) and that there are more than 6 Liquid Profiles provided in the pack (?)

I'm a bit slow on this stuff sometimes so hope I have it right this time :)

All the best,

Ben

Hey Thomas.

Looks cool. Some very quick questions please:-

=> what real-world Amp is the " The Value 3100 " (?) description of the Amps tone ? British ? American ? Classic ? Modern ?

=> it reads like there are 6 Liquid Profiles - I presume there is one Liquid Profile for each of the 6 Amps ?

=> are these 6 Liquid Profiles Studio or DI. ?

=> are the 6 Liquid Profiles done via a Load-Box or DI-tapped off the speaker ?

=> are the 6 Liquid Profiles done as per the KPA "recommended" settings of Gain on 10, all EQ's @ 12.00 o'clock ?

Many thanks,

Ben

Dear Kemper friends,

It is with incredible pleasure that I hereby announce the release of my BM-JuMP50 plexi ’67 pack trying to recreate the sound of a 1967 Marshall JMP50® plexi. OS10 required!!

I think the Marshall® plexi amp is probably the most imaginative amps ever made.

Brown sound to the max!! Here are some soundsamples http://tiny.cc/aftcvz.

Available in my webstore: https://bertmeulendijk.com/home/product/jump-50-plex/

Hey Bert. Demo's sound great :)

Quick question:-

=> is every single Profile in the Pack a Liquid Profile (?) -or- are some of them "generic" profiles (?)

Many thanks,

Ben

the kaos.bin file may not be altered but has to be placed on the stick in its original form. It is actually recommended to place the file outside of the OS update folder to allow the Profiler to boot from the stick in an emergency situation.

So the best / fullest way (?) to do this is:-

(a) => do a full backup onto a USB Stick of my Stage as I have it set up

(b) => then place the Un-Zipped [ 10.1.2 ] kaos.bin into that USB Stick's Root Directory

The then if my Stage "crashes" or I want to load my whole system onto another Kemper Stage:-

c => I place the above (a) + (b) USB stick in ... go Restore and it will load the full OS 10.1.2 as well as all my presets, performances, input, output, global etc.. settings

Do I have this right (?)

Ben

Hey Ben, yeah man, this amp is sooooo good!!

I had a comment from one of my testers that made me very happy “it’s incredible, it looks like the amplifier is next to me, it’s crazy” :)

About your question, yes you did ask me before (no problem at all) and yes, it is the first option you’re stating. I leave the speaker connected!!

Thanks Bert.

Just wondering ..... have you any plans to do new Liquid Profile Packs of a

=> Deluxe Reverb and/or

=> AC15 and/or

=> AC30 and/or

=> JTM

=> or possible all (4)

Only asking as I think ^these 4, along with your soon to be released 67 Plexi, would cover probably %99 of tones for %99 of Kemper Users that aren't into or want or need ultra-hard-rock or metal (?)

All the best,

Ben

This is unreal…. This ‘67 JMP50 plexi!!! 8|

To be released next week!!

Hey Bert !

Really looking forward to this.

I don't know if I have asked you this before so my apologies if I have ....

=> when you do your Studio and DI Profiles, do you leave the real speaker connected and tap of it with a DI so your Profiles have the real speakers impedance affect embedded -or- do you use a load box (?)

Many thanks,

Ben

Hi Ben! I fixed the issue with the demos and they are ready for your listening pleasure now. I had uploaded them earlier today but marked them private until the pack launched this evening. I forgot to make them public at first but again, they are good to go now.

The sale is sadly over but at less than a buck per liquid profile, I hope my prices remain appealing for this, and my other packs. :)

The difference between this and the Liquid JTM pack is a more refined gain with the DShirl with more clarity and tightness. It is exactly what you would expect from a Friedman amp and less "blunt" than the Gower Modified JTM I used for the Liquid JTM pack.

Cheers and thank you for your support!

Thanks. %100 totally fair and *very* reasonable :)

Firstly ... my apologies as I didn't mean to come across as ungrateful or annoying or disagreeable or a total "tight-a$$" ... that's not at all where I'm really coming from.

Your Profiles *do* sound amazing in the demo's ..... as we all know though, profiles are a very individual thing and a user wont really know how they will play and feel until they try them with their own settings / guitar / hands / ears :)

I am looking to grab your JTM, DS and AC30 Packs ... am only waiting for the next RM update which you said will (?) / may (?) / hopefully (?) have a small number of profiles to try out for free .... this will enable me .. and presumably others ... to try them out to know if they will "work" for my needs.

Thanks and all the best again Matt,

Ben