Posts by benifin

I'm not, and would never badmouth a Kemper. It's the best amp I've ever had and an amazing tool that I love and makes me want to play every day. I really think I will never need anything else and the sound cannot be improved, as it sounds exactly like the target amp through a cab and mic does now. I greatly appreciate that Kemper amps keeps adding cool things but I just think liquid profiling is optional tonestacks which are nice but unnecessary. I was fine with generic adjustment of the "snapshot".

As always ... the most important ultimate rule is "do and use what sounds best to you".

Perhaps just to clarify generic vs liquid stacks ... I assume your Amp is in the "800" vein (?)

If you set it up and do a "generic" profile and then a "full new liquid profile" .... and play them back .... each with the same exact settings being unchanged / un-tweaked on the Kemper, they *will* sound absolutely and exactly identical ... this is by design.

So if you you just want to use several / many exact amp snapshots at different settings and never tweak any of them on the Kemper ... then there is no difference between the 2 x types of profiling

However, when you go to adjust the Gain / EQ [and Bright Stack on the LP] ... they will start to sound very different very quickly.

The "generic" will sound like all legacy profiles have always sounded when adjusted .. ie: the post-recorded EQ "sound" and the Gain being cut or boosted by a straight-flat clean cut or clean boost.

The "LP" ... in this case assuming you use a "JCM800 Amp Channel" ...will respond and sound much different once you start to tweak it on the Kemper ... much more authentically like a "real" JCM800 amp .... perhaps not exactly the same as "your" 800, but very much like an "800".

A very simple and quick test anyone on OS10 can do ... which I have done several times and posted A/B audio clips in other forums ... is:-

=> go to say, the Rig Busters Official Free Liquid Profile Pack on the KPA website

=> pick the JCM 800 LP named "RB - Mars CM800 Rock - 2023-07-17 11-32-29"

=> play and record 3 or 4 short clips with the G / B / M / T at crazy different settings

=> then replace the Liquid Profile Amp Channel Stack and insert the "Generic" Stack ... the old/legacy stack

=> now set the Amp to the exact same crazy different settings of G / B / M / T

=> what you will hear very quickly is that LP, as the Gain and EQ all Increase, the sound "stays in-tact" like you would "expect" a real amp would "authentically" react.

=> what you will hear with the Generic Profile as the Gain and EQ all Increase, is the sound very quickly starting to disintegrate and rocket-off into a bizarro fizz-laden-saturated-mess ... just terrible

If you really want to hear how "un-authentic" the Generic stack is .... just go to the equivalent free MBritt Pack ..... grab his 50w 68 Plexi ... use the "MB - 68 Mars Plexi 50 - 2023-07-24 14-42-42" preset which uses the LP Plexi Stack .. set everything on 10 ... sounds as you would expect ... then change the stack to Kemper Generic and set everything to 10 ... and it is one of the most horrifically bad amp sounds you are ever likely to hear :).

Anyway .... regardless .... "horses for courses" as they say :)

The *only* thing that matters is what is best / preferred for anyone.

Just some food for thought :)

All the best,

Ben

AFAIK spillover works only when Delay and Reverb are in the dedicated slots, it doesn't if you place them in other blocks

Yep. As,Keller said you need to have them in the dedicated slots. You probably have Delay going in series into The Reverb slot which contains an effect that can’t spillover. I would move the boost before the delay and reverb. Another thing you could try is to run the delay and reverb slots in parallel.

As others have said, only delay block and reverb block spillover. The pure boost should sound the same if you place it before the delay. Also make sure the setting in your delays and reverbs is set to pre not post. Can’t remember what it’s called at the moment.

Huge thanks all. Moved the blocks back around to "stock slot positions" ...spillover working perfectly now :)

Now ... maybe if one day we can get spillover working when going from Performance to Performance that would be the icing on the cake :)

All the best,

Ben

Hey all !

Running 10.1.2 Release. In Performance Mode ...... Spillover from Slot to Slot within a single Performance is not working (?)

=> I have Spillover OFF Dis-Engaged in all my Individual Presets

=> in the Rig Menu I have Rig Spillover Off UN-checked

=> all my Reverbs and Delays are in the exact same EFX-Slots in each Preset

=> the same Reverb and same Delay in each Preset

=> each Preset is very Basic ie: 1 x WAH, 1 x Drive, 1 x Chorus, 1 x Phaser, Amp, Cab, 1 x Delay, 1 x Reverb, 1 x Pure Boost

Any idea what may be wrong ?

Thanks,

Ben

While the EVHs have sound differences, the Brightcap and Tonestacks are the same.

CK

Hey CK !

Great work with the LP'ing !

Without divulging specifics or specific models .... can we expect a steady flow of new Amp Channels in the coming weeks / months ? ... so the commercial Profile makers can start offering a much broader variety of LP Amp Packs (?)

Also .... in the current "list of 45" there aren't many / any "boutique" EL84's Amp Channles (?) ... hint hint .... Matchless DC30 12AX7 Channel 1 and Matchless DC30 EF86 Channel 2 (?)

Ben

No worries!
    I don't profile amps with pedals in front as I found it was never really accurate to the sound I was getting.
    Some people like to do it just to set the amp according to the pedal. I prefer getting the best sound I can from the amp and if people wanna add pedals then they can tweak the pedals to the " best sound " I could get from the amp, plus there's always many gain stages profiled with the amps in my pack.

I use the name OD just to mention that the amp is overdriven.

That's great to know ..... thanks !

Ben

Hey. Thanks.

Apologies for my doubt / suspicion ... it wasn't warranted !

Just D/L the pack and "liquified" the Friedman Runt 20 .... sounds *very* nice.

In the name for this profile it reads " GLS-Runt20- OD 9S - 2019-11-01 16-25-33 " ..... if I may ask ..... is this an Amp-only capture -or- is it an Amp with a Drive pedal in front ?

Many thanks in advance.

All the best,

Ben

Do you actually own all of these amps ? Or are they profiles of other modelers ? Or are they other people profiles you have accumulated (?) And why for free ?

Sorry ..... but it seems somewhat "not quite right to me" (?)

Ben

once a public beta version is elevated to a release version it is no longer in beta state. This is the case with the current 10.1.2 version.

Proprietary drivers are still work n progress.

Hey !

As we are now at Release .... we have 45 amp Channels + 1 x Generic Kemper Channel.

Without divulging specific details / models etc....... will we see the Amp Channel list grow pretty significantly and pretty quickly (?) ..... as otherwise, its really going to restrict and limit people who make their own Liquid Profiles -or- for sellers to make Liquid Profile Packs (?)

Ben

Hello Michael, hello friends here in the forum,

I am afraid I missed the first liquid profiles, which are mentioned above. Are they still available? Where can you get them?

Greetings, Dirk

Go here:- https://www.kemper-amps.com/downloads/10/Rig-Packs

Scroll down and the first 3 packs are the 3 x Official OS 10 Liquid Profile Packs for free download - 1 x RigBusters -and- 1 x Guidorist -and- 1 x Michael Britt ... all 3 x Packs are dated August 2023.

Ben

Since every amp is designed a little different, you should profile at several points. The EQ and gain stages will vary so you cant just magically do a 12 o'clock version and have it be perfect.

The addition of some EQ presets will not magically make the Kemper a Helix(etc) where every device in the amp has been modeled. Liquid is designed to get you much closer to the real amp, not model that amp to perfection.

I see it a bit different ... be it Kemper, Axe or Helix ... none of them are "perfect" ... even though Tonex and NAM are "almost perfect" for a single static snapshot, move the generic dials after the Capture is done and then see how quickly the "almost perfect" Captures degrades.

" ... Since every amp is designed a little different, you should profile at several points. The EQ and gain stages will vary so you cant just magically do a 12 o'clock version and have it be perfect ... " there is nothing at all wrong with doing your liquid profiles this way.

The point though of LP's - as I see it .... and as CK states - is that if you do it as recommended, you will get very "authentic" amp response and adjustability whereby when you move the G/B/M/T etc.... it "authentically" reproduces how the Amp would respond ... no one is claiming its "1:1 perfect" ... but it is very "authentic" and to my ears bang-on amp-like and musical.

Had the Stage now for 2 months or so after many years of numerous Fractal's [current gen] , GT1000, Tonex, Helix etc.... LP brought me back.

I only have LP's loaded.

I have a few LP's that were done as per the Kemper recommendations ie: Gain full, EQ 12.00 ..... and they are both a joy to use and "child's-play" to dial in just as if you were using a real amp ... not perfect but totally authentic .... one properly done LP will easily give you as many "sweet spots" as you could want from one profile/amp.

Probably the even better part - no more pre and post eq'ing and filtering and boosting etc..... which is mandatory with every other unit and dont let anyone else tell you or claim otherwise - they are lying or kidding themselves ..... I just dial in the Amp, pick the drive of choice ... dial it in ... done. Then just add efx of choice.

To me ears and playing it is genuinely next level stuff.

Just my 2c.

Ben

Hey Kemper !

Just upgraded to OS 10.1.1.47816  ... all went well. In the note with the release it lists some stuff but says " Please refer to the Addendum manual included in this update package for detailed descriptions of new features! "

The D/L comes with a TXT file which says the ^same^ thing as the post and .txt file and the included .pdf Addendum is the one for the previous BETA (?)

=> where can I read / find out / what are the detailed descriptions of the new features (?)

Ben

Haha, indeed probably one of the few :S

Working on a jcm800 (Kerry King), Fender bassman (‘69) and showman (‘62).. also on some other great amps. It’s fun making them 8)

I’ll keep you posted!!

Hey Bert !

In a perfect world - if Kemper were to add a Matchless DC30 Ch1 Amp Channel and a DC30 CH 2 Amp Channel (:)) ...... it would be fantastic if you had access to one or a or clone.

Ch1 12AX7 and CH2 EF86 are both just out of this world.

Especially given that of the current 45 unique Amp Channels there are only 3 x EL84 Amp Channels .... and all three are Vox ..... and all 3 are 12AX7 Channels.

All the best,

Ben

There will be an announcement about this in the near future. :)

Hey Matt !

Looking forward to it :)

Just a quick question as its a personal preference of mine across [previously] Tonex and now back with Kemper:-

=> when you do your Profiles do you use a Load Box -or- do you Tap off a DI from the Real Speakers to get the real-speaker-impedance-load into the Profile being made (?)

All the best,

Ben

Thanks Ben!! It’s the second option :)

That's great Bert !

Load Boxes do serve a particular need and purpose - but compared to a connection with a real speaker cab - they really "fluff

-out" the low end accuracy and really mess with the mid-to-higher end transients when using them in a Profiling / Capturing Process like with a Kemper [or Tonex, NAM, QC etc...]

I'm -not- a Soldano fan ... I must be one of the few :) ..... but hint hint .... would be very excited for some all time classics that are in the current list of Modeled Amp Channels like a JTM45 / AC30 / Plexi / JCM 800 / Fender Deluxe ...... those 5 amps alone would probably cover %99.99 of peoples guitar needs ... excluding ultra-hard-rock-metal.

All the best,

Ben

External Content youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Clean, rhythm and lead, all SLO liquid profiles!!

Hi Bert !

These profiles sounds great. Can I please ask ... when you do your Profiles do you use a Load Box -or- do you Tap off a DI from the Real Speakers to get the real-speaker-impedance-load into the Profile being made (?)

Many thanks,

Ben

Howdy Gang !

Clarity

In the OS10 Manual it states ..... " Clarity changes the sound of the distortion in a new and unique way. Turning the “Clarity” soft knob to the right will bring the clean character of the sound into focus without lowering the amount of distortion. The distortion itself will become less forward in the mid frequencies and sound far more transparent "

Am a bit confused ... so does Clarity

(a) mix in some of the CLEAN Guitar signal to the DISTORTED Guitar Signal (?)

or

(b) does it change the frequencies in the high end of the DISTORTED Guitar Signal to make it more prominent and clearer (?)

Thanks,

Ben