Posts by benifin

External Content youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Clean, rhythm and lead, all SLO liquid profiles!!

Hi Bert !

These profiles sounds great. Can I please ask ... when you do your Profiles do you use a Load Box -or- do you Tap off a DI from the Real Speakers to get the real-speaker-impedance-load into the Profile being made (?)

Many thanks,

Ben

Howdy Gang !

Clarity

In the OS10 Manual it states ..... " Clarity changes the sound of the distortion in a new and unique way. Turning the “Clarity” soft knob to the right will bring the clean character of the sound into focus without lowering the amount of distortion. The distortion itself will become less forward in the mid frequencies and sound far more transparent "

Am a bit confused ... so does Clarity

(a) mix in some of the CLEAN Guitar signal to the DISTORTED Guitar Signal (?)

or

(b) does it change the frequencies in the high end of the DISTORTED Guitar Signal to make it more prominent and clearer (?)

Thanks,

Ben

what you describe could easily be caused by different clipping diodes, or lack thereof and not necessarily by the tonestack

Hey Don !

Just a quick question. In the current latest Beta there are 45 Amp Channels + the 1 Legacy Kemper Generic.

However .... of these 45 ..... there are only 2 x EL84's ... :( ...... the AC15 and AC30.

Don't know if you can say (?) ... but here goes anyway ....

=> are there more Amp Channels coming in the next Betas or Releases (?)

=> hint ... hint ... would be amazing to get a couple of the classic legendary EL 84 Amps like a Matchless DC30 Ch 1 12AX7 and CH2 EF86 and a Dr Z Wreck (?)

These 2 ... along with the AC's already in there would cover pretty much %100 of any EL 84 Amps vendors wanted to Liquid Profile.

All the best,

Ben

Just looked up "Lonestar" the Band's current Tour Schedule and they have Dates booked until at least December 7, 2023 ... so I don't think we will realistically see any MBritt Liquid Profiling Packs until Jan / Feb 2024 at the earliest.

Ben

That's the beauty of it. You can have one saved with the marshall model and one with the generic. Pick and choose what you want.

Hey Michael !

Hope your touring / playing is going well :)

I've already emailed you and you very kindly responded :) ...... I just came back to the Kemper after many years .. and many Fractals / Helix / GT1000 / Tonex .... Liquid Profiling has brought me back.

We rehearsed the other night and all I used was 4 of your Liquid Profiles from your "Official" LP Pack on the Kemper website ... sounded glorious.

Back in the day I used - and still have - 7 or 8 of your "Legacy" Packs.

Like many - I / we are awaiting your LP Packs .... your diversity of Amps and your ability to dial in tones in stunning.

All the best ... [and selfishly] hoping to get them sooner rather than later ;) :)

All the best,

Ben

Ok thats funny,

did the same procedure again via USB Stick, downgrade and upgrade

and now Bright Cap works

?????

Really glad it worked for you :)

There's definitely some sort of very minor "bug" / "inconsistently erratic" something going on ... I'm sure it will get sorted before "release" .... as someone once said to me on another forum .... that's why they call them "beta's" :)

Its very important as the Bright Cap is very crucial to dialing in the character of the gain and especially the high end content of the gain ... it is initially subtle but once you turn up to gig levels ... I used the new Beta at rehearsals the other night .... the impact of the Bright Cap settings becomes very, very apparent and audible.

All the best,

Ben

I'm experiencing the same issue others have mentioned with the bright cap not doing anything on the unit or RM

If you did your upgrade from within RM 3.4.43 to 3.4.45 and then to the latest BETA FW update from within RM also .... try the following - I use a Stage - and it fixed the Bright Cap "broken issue" in RM -and- on my Hardware Stage unit too:-

>> Bright Cap Fix <<

Hope this may help.

Ben

I think also you can do a new Liquid Profile in what’s been called the “white coat” protocol where you do a new Liquid Profile and set your amp with all tone controls at noon (midpoint) and gain at 10 (max). The manual seems to imply this yields the most “usable” LP.

Interested to hear the experts. I’ve yet to upgrade to OS 10 waiting for the official release.

Yep .... that's definitely the suggested best way from Kemper / C.K ... it also adds that if the Gain on FULL is just too much, then -to paraphrase- leave the EQ's on 12.00 and set the Gain to the highest setting before it "flubs-out" / "farts-out" / "has just too much saturation".

Still keen to know the differences -if any- between the "2" methods of (a) new-Liquid Profile -vs- (b) Retro-fitting an existing Legacy Profiles.

All the best,

Ben

Hi all !

This worked for me.

I *had* installed the latest BETA FW Update from within RM - *not* via USB Stick and as a result, the Bright Cap in RM 3.4.45 and on my Stage running the Latest BETA FW was "broken" / "not working"

The fix:-

1 => don't change or remove or uninstall RM 3.4.45 - leave it alone :)

2 => then put the previous BETA FW OS 10 10.0.0.46731 on a USB Stick - as normal - and *downgrade" from the Latest BETA FW back down to the previous BETA FW via the USB Port on your Unit - I have a Stage

3 => then put the latest BETA FW 10.1.xxxxx on a USB Stick - as normal - and "re-upgrade back up" to the Latest BETA FW via the USB Port on your Unit

Result

- RM 3.4.45 has remained installed - no changes

- Latest BETA FW 10.1.0.47341B is installed - all good

- Bright Cap Control in RM -and- on the Hardware unit are both working perfectly and are both talking to each other perfectly

Hope this helps.

Ben

Found the link.

Formally reported as follows:-

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

** BRIGHT CAP BUG **

Hi Kemper !

From within RM 3.4.43 .... I upgraded to RM 3.4.45 and FW BETA 10.1.0.47341B.

All went well ... except.

In the previous RM 3.4.43 and Original OS 10 BETA whilst the Bright Cap was not in RM it worked perfectly in *all* the Liquid Profiles in the 3 x Official Kemper Liquid Profile Packs on my physical Kemper Stage.

Now since upgrading to RM 3.4.45 and FW BETA 10.1.0.47341B (a) the Bright Cap Control in RM moves but does absolutely nothing and (b) the Bright Cap Control on the Kemper Stage moves but does absolutely nothing.

I have tested across *all* the 30+ Profiles in the 3 x Official Kemper Liquid Profiling Packs released with the original Beta 10 ... its broken in RM 3.4.45 - it moves but does nothing in any of them -and- now on the physical Hardware Unit ... it moves but does nothing.on any of them.

Is this perhaps an issue when the FW is upgraded from within RM as opposed to via a USB Stick (?) "

Ben

Please fix it :)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Many thanks,

Ben Ifin

Bright dont work on any of the available Liquid Profiles with the new beta, not on Distorted nor in cleans, simply no function

There's no difference at any gain level, zero to full. Seemed to work in the original 10 beta. We'll have to see what they come up with.

I don't know which developer tested this internally but I have them all loaded and the Bright Cap in RM 3.4.45 and the Latest Beta Hardware FW is broken / does nothing.

Where do you officially report bugs ?

Ben

This has me confused.

Assuming you have, for example, a Fender Twin, and you have a pre-exisiting Legacy Profile of it and you know the exact Amp settings you did it with.

a => you can do a new ground up Liquid Profile of it using the Amp Channel Model at those same settings as part of the process

or

b => you can burn in the Amp Channel Model at the exact settings of the original LP

What's the differences between a and b ?

(i) is there any Sound ? Feel ? Dynamics ? Gain/EQ adjustability authenticity differences between doing a new ground up Liquid Profile -vs- Retro-Fitting the correct Amp Channel and Amp Profile settings to a Legacy Profile if you know them ?

or

(ii) do they produce the exact same result ?

Ben