Posts by Zapman

Sorry for my ignorance but what is the new way now. I've really only been playing with what I have and turning some FX on/off, no real editing for awhile. TIA

Only 1 under my belt and didn't bother to try again yet.. Don't believe that there is a YT video anywhere that does a tips and tricks for Profiling that I know of cause I have seen requested here often. I don't think it would hurt any of our Commercial Profiler friends on this forum if someone gave away a step by step on how they get some good profiles from start to finish. Cause I surely ain't going to retire on what my MB could put out for me, haha!! I did get the Behringer Ultra-G but haven't used it yet either till I find some more info.

The main problem with getting it to fit was that I used crimp connectors on the speaker and power cables to connect to the amp boards screw terminals. When I measured and set things out I had not taken these into account as it was a bit of a last minute decision. It took me a while to realise these were the problem, but once I did, I bent them all to 90deg and it then fitted fine.
    i had the amp on for around 6 hours yesterday which was the longest I had used it. It was warm to the touch but not by any means hot, so I was very pleased.

Good to hear Shane! Glad it is working out for you so far, nice job!!!

I'm still a little unclear as to where to set Master volume on the amp being profiled. Will this and/or the reactance of the specific speaker being used as a load, have a significant impact on a Direct Amp profile? Can anyone shed any light here?

When I was first trying Studio Profiles with the SM57, if I turned the volume on the amp down to a ear acceptable level I would get low volume errors. When I finally did get a profile to take, I had to walk out of my great room which is 23x25' because I would have been deaf if I remained in the room while the aliens were landing.

Very interested in this as I don't think you can make a Profile with just a DI box and a tube amp with no cab. I thought the tube amp needs a load on it as in don't turn it on or use it without a cab plugged in or bad juju can happen. But the thought of not having to turn up my MB MarkV with a 2x12 Recto to above comfortable volumes in my living room and not being able to put the cab in a separate room sounds like heaven. Only tried a Studio Profile one time so far and wasn't a good experience to start with, errors using SM57 (volume to low or something not connected). Anyway I'll watch for tips on this. Thanks again Paul for the input.

Thanks a lot for the answers! I wrote to support at kemper and they also confirmed That the 3 years warranty follows the profiler and not the owner, so I should be ok .
    Today is the day! If everything goes as it should I'm going home tonight with a sweet kemper rack :) can't wait to profile my engl E670...it gonna take some time with all its bells and whistles :-)!!

Well worth it, you won't regret the purchase. Get ready for some fun and great tone!!

Not sure if any of those have duplicates. But I found the best way for me is to download all the packs on to the computer and extract in their individual folders. Create the same name folder in Rig Manager and drag the files into that folder on Rig Manager. Then audition from Rig Manager and only put which ones you prefer onto the Kemper. Keeps unnecessary browsing to a minimum on the KPA.

What are these "certain downloads" you speak of...?

IIRC things like the Rigs and firmwares are available unless you have a KPA registered. The only thing I thought was available to general public was the manuals, I could be wrong..........Then again maybe not........or maybe so..I don't know anymore, haha it's early