Posts by hlinde

Anyone knows - If with a 200w poweramp (the bam200) there is no risk of blowing up the Kabinet (also 200w)? It seems so loud... (didn’t dear to push volume to max)

So do you know of an amp that you be happy to recommend? I have the unpowered KPA

ckemper mentioned somewhere the TC Electronic BAM200. I bought it and I’m very positive. It may be a bass power amp but very transparent & clean. It’s very small & light (less than 1 kg), lots of power and inexpensive.

My tc BAM200 is arriving tomorrow. Where are you setting gain and master volume, or is that it in the pic?

at home gain + master at 9 o’clock is already fine. Cranking it up gives huge volume, always clean with either gain or master up. Didn’t want to push both to max, afraid to blow the Kab (although both are designed @200W) and would be much too loud anyway.

Received the Kab today! :)

Works well with the TC Electronic bam200 power amp, although sold as a bass amp it’s perfect for guitarists and plenty of power & inexpensive.

After some playing I am very happy with the clean tones but also agree with some comments in this forum that with higher gain it becomes thin with the imprints & seems to require much additional bass to somewhat compensate.

I received my BAM200 Today and spent some time with it tonight. Overall I'm very happy with this amp powering the Kabinet. I tried running the gain higher and the master lower, then also running the Master wide open with the gain lower. All of this this was with the eq section straight up on all 3 bands. I Couldn't hear any difference or coloration in the tones when moving between these approaches. Unit is very small, plenty of volume, runs 4 ohm cabinet with no problem and can't beat the price. It's a keeper for me when I want the in room experience. Can't wait for more imprints and future features where we can store the imprint at the rig level!

Thanks for the info! Received the bam200 today (the fan is totally silent) and expect the Kabinet this Thursday

Yesterday ordered the cabinet (will take a week to ship) and seperately a Seymour Duncan Powerstage 170. Got the Powerstage today and was very disappointed by the continuous noise of the fan. Now saw in reviews that others have similar experiences.

Will return it, but what power amp to order now???

Yesterday ordered the cabinet (will take a week to ship) and seperately a Seymour Duncan Powerstage 170. Got the Powerstage today and was very disappointed by the continuous noise of the fan. Now saw in reviews that others have similar experiences.

Will return it, but what power amp to order now???

In a different forum thread, Kemper suggested the Tc Electronic bam200 as a power amp.

A very intresting advise, it’s not expensive and has good reviews. However, the bam200 is a bass amp... will it not colour the sound of a guitar? Already reviews mention it to give a warm jazzy sound.

Anyone has experience with this power amp?

How about the Tc Electronic bam200 ?

Very intresting advise, not expensive and good reviews. However, TC Electronic bam200 is a bass amp... will it not colour the sound of a guitar? Already reviews mention it to give a warm jazzy sound