Posts by kzngr

okay, short update, I installed the newest version of the RM on my new macbook, it could open the backup which I assumed was older, but tbh I obviously didnt run any update for 4 years now 😂🤦🏼‍♂️

RM could read the pack, I exported the rigs, renamed them to .kipr and imported the good ones via my old macbook.

nevertheless I am considering to update both the profilerOS and the RM, guess we‘ll see when I post in 5years, still on os 3.x 😂

Yeah, originally my updatophobia started when I first encountered a no more working audiointerface because apple was enthousiastic about releasing an update that obviously still was beta and needed another 3months to fix the problem. Pretty annoying. And we all know the stories about phones getting hot and kempers crash (mine did never ever crash and I‘m happy with all the functions and don‘t use too fancy stuff) so why should I… but I assume there‘s no way to „unzip“ the backupfile via rigmanager or other tools… I‘ll check whether another version of RM can handle the file ☹️

Check out the profiles from Guido Bungenstock ( Guidorist). I especially like the GB Lemon RV50 and of course my very own amp the GB Angel Shouter, but Guido offers a ton of great clean profiles even within the „more metal“ amp packages like f.e the GB Bog XTC (Green). ToneJunkie makes really great profiles as well, like the 65 Deluxe Verb and of course the ACE 30 B, but I especially like the 87 Mark III and the Match Spit for cleans. Besides that I second the MBritt and BMeulendijk profiles and I‘m sure you‘ll find thousands other ones, but I always end up using the profiles above for both recording and live…

Hoi! Long time no see, I‘ve checked the forum but couldn‘t really find what I am looking for:

Just cleaned up my Kemper Rack after years and found an old backup from 2years ago on a stick, which had been created on an old toaster, wanted to check if I could use some of the old profiles, but neither the Kemper nor the rigmanager recognize the file. My kemper creates .kpabackup files, the older one is a .kpbackup

I don‘t like and need updates, never had an issue with my profiler and feel no need to update for features I wont use… I also run an old version of the rig manager on an old macbook pro which I throw in the back of my rack to be able to edit on the go if necessary.

The kpbackup is the older one, isn‘t it? Annoying that it doesnt work.

Any ideas how I can get access to the profiles? I don‘t need the whole backup to be honest…

thanks in advance 👊🏼

pure recommendation! if you don't have it, just buy it! highest quality, biggest bang for the buck! and you support really nice guys who do a passionate job while you get 35 top amps for the price of one amp in contrast to other providers...

i really love (and use) many of the profiles in my bands - both high gain and clean (with great fx-settings)
    and i'm especially thrilled about the newest family member: the engl screeeeeaaaaaaaamer!!!

and by the way: no conflict of interest - i'm just stoked about GB/48v's work!

i just wanted to know whether there are any good ideas to "complete" the kemper environment? maybe there are some great ideas i never heard of... ;)

my kemper rack is surrounded by
    - power amp Palmer Macht
    - rack tuner
    - power supply
    - wireless unit
    - in ear monitoring
    - x32 rack
    - midi controller
    - bluetooth keyboard
    - ipod as metronome
    - personal floor monitors

looking forward to hearing from you all...

hence i'm playing in several bands i have multiple devices in the different rehearsal rooms, which makes it much more comfortable for me. i only have to take my kemper and my guitar with me.
    i already owned a FCB1010 which works fine even in the original "no-prom" version. 2nd i reactivated a ZOOM g9.2tt that i even prefer ("3" onboard exp.pedals!) last not least i'll try a BOSS gt-100 next week which i just got as a present
    the last two will work as a backup as well if anything goes wrong with my kpa!
    i tried a NOBLES an MIDI MOOSE as well - and even my old NI guitar rig controller
    i really wanted a TC g-system but it's just too expensive to use it as a midi controller only - maybe i get a good price for that one day...

i know this is not the answer to your question, but 4.0.1 works fine for me. did not experience any crashes since the day it came out during rehearsals or gigs... just wanted to let you know that there is some kind of a stable 4.x

I'm not sure if somebody mentioned this before, but I noticed a strange behavior in FW 4.0.3: I start my Kemper by switching the chicken head direct to performance mode and wait until the performance is loaded and slot 1 is active. When I then press the switch number 4 on the remote, it doesn't change to slot number 4, it changes to the morphed state in number 1 (and back again if I press switch number 4 again). This only happens with switch number 4. If I press number three it reacts as expected and after that I can use switch number 4 and it changes to slot number 4. The strange behavior is there only after the starting of the Kemper.
    Has anybody else experienced this issue?

i only updated to 4.01 and did not experience anything like that since then

did you open a support ticket?