Posts by kzngr

i could not find this anywhere here, so i hope i don't bother you with a double suggestion.
    what keeps me from buying a remote is the missing of expression pedals, just making it unreasonable for me to change to the remote - although i'd love to ;)
    i use the fcb1010 as a backup and the zoom g9.2tt the most. the zoom is perfectly integrated, it fits the KPA really good, i have 5 switches for the five slots in performance mode, i really like it for having one pedal on each side and i do morphing for a while now by using the pedal on the right not just the classical x-y-way but it also turns z-ways, so i have 3 expression pedals on board!
    combined with a big and well readable display i would love to give it a try and all would end up clean and simple, just you, your kemper, the remote and maybe 2 to 3 guitars! none of us would need a van anymore :D

Ich habe mir von Stanley, Modell Fatmax, die rollende Werkstatt zugelegt und sie zusätzlich mit stoßabsorbierendem Material ausgekleidet. Es war, glaube ich, einmal eine Wärme isolierende Matte. Für die Probe verwende ich den oberen Koffer, der abnehmbar ist. Da passt der KPA und das Remote rein. Fertig! Zum Gig rollt dann das gesamte Case. Es passt unendlich viel hinein. Kabel, Werkzeug, etc. sowie frische Klamotten oder auch Getränke. Nicht zu unterschätzen, das Dingen ist aus Kunststoff und sollte einmal etwas auslaufen, so what. Ich jedenfalls bin zufrieden.

so'n beauty-case hab ich auch... da kommt zwar nicht der kemper rein - dennoch meeega praktisch und alles an ort und stelle. kein gekrame in i'ner sporttasche oder so...

obviously display modes or layouts are not available without the remote... i would - again - really love the feature to add a 'big letter' display mode in performance mode - or even a custom display which can be assigned to each slot...

i took part in one of the ola englund workshops where he presented the satan and i have bought the sinmix pack and i think it's pretty close although i did not have the opportunity to A-B it yet. at least it works for me.

i guess you'll have to try this out for yourself as there are guitarists who don't like specific gear for its latency... i heard that for the kemper as well and i can't understand it. maybe i'm not that sensitive... i use a akg wms mini pro and tried a ld systems mei once and had no problems with latency... if you WANT to hear it you'll hear it - i guess...

welcome to the club... i use a mac, too - so let me know if i can help you!
    besides i agree with what has been already said : first of all you need the rig manager!

i did not have the ability to check out the helix yet, but i agree: a good player can make anything sound great. i remember mark tremonti smashing some riffs on i guess it was roland cube amp... on the video it sounded quiet good but i definately won't buy it. for me the best thing regarding the KPA is that you are independent from others and especially from the developers... you can take your boutique amp with you and it sounds as you like it. if you like f.e. a panama inferno or krank amps, rhodes colossus, bogner unerschall... or any rare stuff, you will never find it on a modeling amp. it maybe perfect if you like "standard" gear like marshall, fender, mesa,but even there: you'll propably find the dual or triple rectifier in every modeller of the world
    but will you find the mark V? etc., etc.

i guess "ONE ONLY" -if you ask a guitarist- means ONE ONLY +1
    so what zappledan really means is: which TWO guitars would it be for the lone island

by the way: although the pic itself maybe look like metal... (the question was targeted to non-metal players) it's not! okay... not ONLY... ;) the primary use for this guitar is CLEAN balladic stuff. the neck pickup is a SD 59, both knobs (vol & tone) are push/pull, so both pickups can be independently used as single coils or humbuckers! the bridge PU is a bill lawrence (pantera, dimebag)

"only one more" would be much easier to answer, although there are a few i'd like to own one day, but okay... only one guitar: i would pick my custom 'special K' headless guitar, built by carsten grüning from hamburg! he didn't really like it as i wanted him to build her because of this headless thing but in the end he almost kept her. she's just that versatile, easy to play, well sounding... just awesome!
    obviously it's the one on the right

hi there. never introduced myself, just as that's not reaaaallly of importance... but to be polite ;) and not to blather:
    i use a KEMPER RACK for a bit beyond a year now, it's powered by a PALMER MACHT 402 specialized guitar power amp, no additional effects, and as remote i prefer my ZOOM g9.2tt to my FCB1010. usually i play my kemper direct to the PA and use 2 small monitor speakers driven by the poweramp to be totally independent from anyone else. i also use SENNHEISER wireless IEM and AKG wireless guitar transmitter... that's it. plug in & play. keep it simple, lightweight, portable. so i do not need 3 kempers for my 3 bands...
    obviously i play the guitar, for almost 27 years, i am a singer as well, and if anyone should be interested in what i do: it's http://www.kzngr.de - it's acoustic rock and metal =O

i guess that's it...

take care!

good to hear it finally works out. maybe it was just a technical problem (mailserver...) maybe human factors... maybe both. let's be kind, we are all here for the same reasons. we love making music and we all want to enjoy our KPA!
    maybe dreadful was not the best word, it contained some frustration for sure, at least it should not be a reason to argue.
    at the end of the day we should be shakin hands and enjoy this fantastic and very helpful forum, the kemper support AND at least the PROFILER!!

have a good one everybody!

maybe i'm wrong and i know 24/7 email support was stated above. but i guess that does not mean that there is a lonely techguy sitting in the kemper office waiting for potential emails which will be answered within like maybe 20 min... i assume it just means you can send an email 24/7 and get the automatic reply and somebody will take care of -if it's going nicely by f.e. mobile device- as soon as possible, but in the sense of 'common workingtimes' and if it works out well for you within 24hours. i think we should not forget that this is free of charge and it ain't 911. that being said i hope for you it literally is a 24/7 support and you will gain a neat solution on this problem.
    it's a real pain in the ass when anticipation turns into such a bother!