Posts by kzngr

obviously if you cannot turn off your kemper you cannot stop playing... luckily i'm a physician, so that i could supply myself with all the good stuff you need to stay awake for several days 8| since i did not want to take the risk of damage by just pulling the plug until i received the responsemail from kemper support telling me that this would be okay... :thumbup:

in comparison you are less lucky, my problem was i couldn't turn it OFF! so at least i was able to use it... if i were you i would send your KPA back to UK and get a new one from the next local dealer. price should be the same and you are able to take it with you on tour. at least it's a good decision to buy a kemper - it's a brilliant piece of gear and you'll love it!
    all the best!

i've had a similar problem right after unboxing my rack... took me one phone call, no hold time, perfect service. so i really would call kemper myself, they even offered to call my dealer to clarify the details. unfortunately the new rack couldn't be sent right to me but had to make a detour to the dealer... maybe as kemper grows it's getting harder to call them. but i would definately give it a try

hey there. due to my job i did not find time to do an in-depth review and presentation yet. but just to answer a few of your questions: i usually connect the kpa via xlr to the PA (yamaha) at rehearsals which sounds awesome, but also tried out how it works via the power amp (to the PA), also connected it to my engl 212 v30 cab and i just figured out to connect two of my pretty old "the box cl106" ("fullrange")speakers via speak-on for practicing at home (absolutely possible at lowest levels for not disturbing the neighbours) AND just tried to use them as additional monitors live and at rehearsals, so i am able to set up a stereo monitoring on both sides of my midi-switch or even place one of them at my micstand and one of them back at the drummers place because i like to go back there during parts i do not sing ;) no matter which setup i use, i am always satisfied with the results. after playing a few gigs and rehearsing a lot with the new gear i have nothing to complain about...there are good alternatives for sure but as i mentioned before: for me it's the best bang for the buck.
    by the way: i got mine on sep, 22

yeah, that's exactly the question arising to me... i should check my serial number ;) maybe i'll be rich some day... i'll see how much time i can gain to shoot a little video or at least some photos and write down some of my experience...
    just to offer my humble conclusion: it's a good bang for the buck!

I was looking for some information, reviews and stuff regarding the Palmer Macht 402 specialized guitar power amp... but whereever i look it's always the same: the release-date has been rescheduled (again and again)
    am i the only one who already ownes this amp? if so, I feel as if I should post a review, especially regarding the symbiosis with the kemper rack...
    as far as i can tell after a couple of weeks i am pretty happy with my decision and i will write it down asap...
    just let me know whether this would be of interest... ;)

i use the fcb1010 (original chip/eprom) and the pretty rare zoom g9.2tt - which both work perfect. i once decided to buy them for both having 2, respectively 3 pedals (zoom) right on-board... so there is no use (for me) for any other pedal. i usually play(ed) an engl screamer with the tce g-major/2 and the fcb1010, but with the kemper and one of my midiboards it just got even easier, smaller, more lightweight... keep it simple! ;)

i think the KPR is a brilliant piece of gear but way too expensive! AND i would have to buy some extra pedals. i already own the behringer fcb1010 and the zoom g9.2tt - they work perfect for me... 500€ for a 30sec looper...?!? i would love to have it included, but if i should decide between a KPR and 2 expression pedals on the floor (cost me 700€) OR my midi footcontroller and f.e. a ditto looper or even the digitech jamman(?) (new cost 100-150, all together 300-400€) it's not that hard to decide...

i'm not willing to compare the kpa and the eleven rack but one really good feature in the 11r for live performance was the ability to change display modes. my requested feature would be to be able to display big letters of whatever you want: patch-name, verse/bridge/chorus. would be perfect if you could decide yourself, hence i read some reeeaally different opinions on that... for me patch-name would be perfect.. ;)

yep 5 positions... it starts with power, then cw tuner, browser, perform, profiler, no turning beyond power or profiler... as soon as i turn on my powersupply, the kemper turns on... even on the leftmost pos.

i just unboxed my brand new kemper rack, but i can't turn it off. by selecting the left position via the chicken head knob it stays on the tunermode. it only turns off by switching off my rackpowersupply. any tips or tricks anyone? software issue? hardware issue? ;(