Posts by ampoholic

Not sure about your Senn, but my Shure runs in stereo. I run monitor out on KPA to the Shure left channel and a mix minus my guitar from "the guy" into the right channel. It's basically the same as when I don't use IEMs since I have a mono FRFR monitor next to the pedal board.

Using Kemper Remote w/KPA & Beta 5.3. Switching rigs with morphing setup in either Performance mode or Browse mode. The 1st time I hit the button on remote, it instantly jumps to full morph settings (no rise time) instead of blending up with the time I have set. After that 1st button press, rise & fall time both work correctly.

I tried the transpose effect with the new firmware. The latency has much improved but it still sounds artificial sometimes.
    Here's a sample with drop B tuning (don't mind the sloppy playing):

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I had the same issue. I tried it up a step & a half. Still using a capo.

Yup, I have some pedals in a small rack controlled by a Decibel11 Loop Expander which is controlled by KPA. Also have some pedals on the floor controlled by my foot (ha!).

Rack: Boss SY-300 Synth (controlled by KPA), Boss Super Octave, Diaz Tremodillo & Catlinbread Adineko (Mostly used as reverb)

Floor: Rocktron Banshee 2, Digitech Polara (reverb for talkbox), JHS The AT & Analogman Astro Tone Fuzz.
    Also KPA Remote & 2 Mission Engineering expression pedals.

When sending to FOH, I don't LINK the MAIN OUTPUT to the Kemper MASTER VOLUME control. I also turn the MAIN OUTPUT all the way up. If FOH says it's too much, I back the MAIN OUTPUT volume down to -16db or so. The volume control on the Kemper are linked to the MONITOR OUTPUT and HEADPHONE so I can control these.

I have had the HS-5s for years and they work great. I added the HS8S a few years ago and they are even better. They have XLR INs you can connect directly from KPA mains out.

Also, do you have something with meters at home? I get close on volumes by checking the meters on my mixer to see if they're close when switching rigs. Very helpful to get the switch from clean to distortion levels under control. Unless you get lucky, you'll probably end up dialing your rigs in so you fit in the mix, especially if you're using a lot of rigs.

Thanks for all the suggestions.
    I ended up comparing the Input Noise gate and the 2:1 stomp. I went with 2:1 stomp at 1.8 value. Works really well with my rig and setup. Cleans up nicely the buzz/noise and still very useable when I turn down the guitar volume knob, and very importantly retains the dynamic even when I play soft with the pick.
    Glorious little box this Kemper!

That's it, or at least how I do it. I keep the global gate off and only use it when no combination of lifts on the back will kill venue noise (i.e. rarely.) 2:1 stomp on high(er) gain stuff as needed.

I think many of us still struggle with letting go of our favourite pedals. So I just decided to keep them and use them, they give me the sounds I want instantly (no fussing around). I use a Voodoo Lab GC and GCX, I can can punch in/out pedals, the Kemper effects with a single button push...so why not!

The Kemper is a great amplifier platform, so approach it any way you would with a regular tube amp. Pedals are a fun add on.

The struggle is real...

I have a AnalogMan Prince of Tone with built in buffer on all the time. It's set to no gain boost and no coloring of tone and the buffer covers my long cables. Also using an AnalogMan AstroTone fuzz & a JHS @ndyTimmons because they sound better than the built in stuff. I did "model" my AstroTone and analogMan TS 808. I A-B'd them with built in "pedals" to get them to sound as close as possible to the real pedals. I use them on some rigs, especially since morphing. W A Y too easy to hit 1 button and have so many things change!

I use a Catlinbread Andieko as my spring reverb kinda thing. Also a Diaz Tremodillo for tremolo, a Boss Super Octave for Neil Young drive tone, a Boss SY-300 Synth. These are all in a small rack box on the back line and controlled by midi with a Decibel Eleven Loop Expander, commands sent by KPA.

I have 210+ rigs and 50+ performances. I cleared most of the factory rigs out. I'm a guitar player in a cover band. When I select a rig for a song I'm working up, I put that one in the KPA and leave it unchanged. Then I copy it, edit it for the song I'm working up and save it with that song name. Each song has at least one rig and up to 4 rigs. The number of rigs has been cut way back with morphing.

Performances are set up by the sets lists for the band with 2 guitars (most of the time) and 1 guitar. Also some "generic" stuff for jamming with others and songs I play for myself.

I finally made time to install 5.0. I had started reading about it the other day and it sounded complicated and I was thinking there would be a big learning curve. That turned out to both true and false. Just to get my current rigs updated, turned out to be easy other than there are so many of them. Following the manual's suggestion, I just changed the delay from Legacy to Two Tap. My old settings translated nicely and sounded better. Some quick tweaking on some rigs and I was up to date. The real enlightenment came when I changed from my old rig to the updated one in Performance mode. You can HEAR the difference in the silence! In my old rigs you could hear minor (acceptable) hissing and/or humming with both the amp & guitar volumes on. The new rigs were MUCH quieter. And yes, the only change I made on most was from Legacy to Two Tap delay, not changing any other setting in the delay module. Awesome!

So that quick fix will get me though for now while I learn and play with all the new delays and settings, the learning curve part of the deal and it seems it will be well worth the time I invest. Thanks Kemper! Keep up the great work of helping to make me sound better! (I need all the help I can get!! LOL)