Posts by ampoholic

I've gigged with it. Aside from the display lagging on the Remote and the slightly laggy behaviour of an expression set to wah pedal, it has been stable for my use in that particular band/project. There's another band I play with where the lag wouldn't be acceptable though, so I downgrade to 3.3.0 with them. All I can say is to try it at a rehearsal and see. You can always downgrade again in a break.

I gig with it and have the same issues. Every once in a while the sound guy's head will pop up when I use the Whammy (Morphpedal to Pitch.) Kinda funny to see, but it would be nice to have it fixed. (Yes, I submitted a ticket.)

Here is the text from a Product Support Inquiry I just sent.

Howdy, updated to 4.0.2 from 3,3.0 last weekend. Here are a few small issues I've found.

I use an external midi controlled box and the KPA does not send midi to it in Performance mode until I play with the buttons on the KPA and Kemper Remote. I'm not sure what makes the KPA start to send signals to the pedal, but after a while of switching the Rigs on the Remote and the KPA it will start sending midi.

There is some intermittent excessive latency using Pitch Pedal. I have Morph on.

Some of the delay settings I had in 3.3.0 did not carry over to 4.0.2. They are there and on, but do not work the same way. i.e. I had a delay set with a single repeat and it was gone in 4.0.2.

The Kemper remote display and lights are slow to update sometimes when switching Rigs. The Rig tone seems to be available immediately, just takes time for visual stuff to catch up.

Great bag! I don't use it for the KPA anymore, but it holds a LOT of stuff; a pair of 25' XLR cables, a pair of 50' XLR cables, power cables & splitters, 25' TRS cables, an extension cord, guitar cables, tuner, batteries, adaptors, picks, backup stick, a couple mics, a Marshall micro stack, set lists, duct tape, slides, wireless XMitter, Microfiber cloth, luggage straps, 1/2 dozen bottles of Xtra strength 5 hour energy, and the list goes on...

I use the the 808 about half the time. The rigs are tailored to it. I use the Banshee on several songs and the echoer or Polara to flavor it. The pedals in the loop, except the Glass Nexus are turned on for select songs or parts of songs by the Loop Expander. The KPA controls the the Loop Expander by midi commands in Performance mode. The Glass Nexus is used mostly in Loop Stereo in slot MOD.

I use a combination of both internal and external effects. I have no issues either way.

Pedals in front of KPA:
    Analogman 808
    Digitech Polara
    Rocktron Banshee 2
    Catlinbread Echorec

Pedals in loop (stereo, mono & distortion)
    Damage Control Glass Nexus (Phasing out)
    (Below pedals controlled by Decibel Eleven Loop Expander)
    Boss Super Octave
    Catlinbread Adineko
    Diaz Tremodillo
    EH Micro Synth
    EH C9

Sometimes I can get "there" (specific tone) just tweaking an amp profile. Sometimes it needs a boost or added distortion or some fuzz to get there. I don't like turning an amp profile's gain up or down too much. I made and saved some KPA "pedals" (models?) that closely represent the pedals I was using; AnalogMan's 808, Prince of Tone and AstroTone Fuzz. I use these mostly and occasionally the Rat and DS1 models in the KPA too. I recently went back to using AnalogMan's 808, the actual pedal, in front of the KPA. but now it's set to be totally transparent tone wise and just adds a little gain. The actual 808 is a little "smoother" than I get get out of the KPAs version of the 808 (Green Scream.)

There are a lot of very cool rigs included in the KPA. But if I was limited to one, it would be Soundside's UKGold 1959 HW (Plexi).

This is not just one rig, it's 2 or 3 dozen. Profiled wide open, it includes volumes from .5 to 10 on the bright channel, normal channel and jumper. Also a bunch with different tone settings at different volume settings. LOTS of different tones there without tweaking. Then you can add tons more with tweaking,

Funny stuff dude! I had the same worries. Went back and forth for a long time before pulling the trigger on the KPA and the monitor. The monitor I bought is a powered (400w), 2 way (12"woofer, 1.5" HF driver). in wood (poplar). Like I said, it's the same line our mains are from so I have a good idea of what's getting out. and when I crank it when jamming alone it really sounds great. Unfortunately, I don't believe they make a powered one anymore.

I agree with Ingoff.

What I'm doing (rock covers) and what I was using (Road King, G-Sys, Pedal Train) is/was very similar to you. I went all in. I use a monitor that's representative of our mains, both Carvin Audio. I still use some pedals and a pedal board. I also still use a small rack for power conditioner, wireless and specialty pedals which are switched by midi from the KPA. My amp went from about 180lbs to about 50. The rack weight went down and is less complicated due to less pedals (G-Sys was controlling) and it's now the heaviest part. My pedal board also shrunk in size, weight and complexity. The others in the band love the setup. The sound, ease of use, no mic'd cabs, consistent volumes, less noise in noisy venues, smaller footprint for amp and pedals.