Posts by starsend

I have this strat with custom 50's PU's. I have an EBMM JP13 with Dimarzio Illuminators and the guitar I have the best luck with is a pre-refined Parker FLY with the low power Dimarzio Tone Zones. Maybe I'm doing something wrong if no other users are running into issues? Thanks for taking the time to answer :)

I know IU'm late to the party, but try lowering the definition parameter. It made most of my TopJimi profiles go from strange to amazing. I would play with that before even touching the eq. I use Parkers.

Hi Paul, it's a long thread... :) but a quick google search shows me a conversion is very simple stuff. I like my 535 too much to do that but if I find a cheap classic crybaby I'll give it a shot. the only thing I don't like too much about the Moog is the longer range. It's fine but to me nothing beats the classic Dunlop format... Thanks!

You're welcome. I've actually been exploring the stomp boxes and it's a very interesting endeavour... So I might not only do more wah settings, but other stomps as well. I have quite a few pedals and whatever I "profile" I'll post here.

I think I have a quite credible, old school octafuzz stomp I will share after some testing. There's a great pedal builder here by the name of Juan Carlos Blanco who built some pedals for me a few years back. One of them was our take on the fuzz+octavia. I've got the octave part figured out, including the randomness of it, but I'll try to make it work with a fuzz stomp in front. It already works very well with distorted profiles, though. Anyway, sorry for the rambling... more coming soon...

Hi everyone,

i've spent the whole morning "profiling" my trusty 535Q was pedal and thought I'share the settings just in case anyone is interested. Not sure if this is the right section to post this either, so feel free to move it if necessary...

As some of you know, the 535Q is a nice pedal in that it includes a few extra features such as a Range and a Q selector, as well as a programmable boost.

I have A/B'd the following settings:

- Range Position 1, Q halfway: Manual 3.6 - Peak 6.9 - Pedal Range +24% - Peak Range -22%

- Range Position 3, Q halfway: Manual 3.2 - Peak 6.9 - Pedal Range +30% - Peak Range -21%

- Range Position 5, Q halfway: Manual 2.7 - Peak 7.4 - Pedal Range +26% - Peak Range -23%

I've tried them with both clean and distorted sounds and I'd say the accuracy goes from 90 to 99% accurate, which I guess is pretty good. Keep in mind I am using a Moog EP3, so depending on your pedal you might have to adjust things (though you probably won't need to).

I hope you find this useful. I've read many posts about the confusing parameters of the wah section, but with a bit of experimenting it does reveal itself to be quite a remarkable tool!
    Time permitting, I will do more of this (either fine tuning these presets or doing other wah pedals...).

Best,

Andre

Ciao,

come fanatico del wah da svariati anni, mi sono proposto di riprodurre fedelmente nel kemper alcuni dei wah che uso. Non ne ho ancora avuto il tempo ma al più presto mi metterò con il 535q, il cry classico, il Morley BH, etc...

Se se riesco nell'impresa metterò i dettgli nel foro principale...

+1 with the Parkers. I have a Parker Maxxfly, those guitars are so light it feels strange when you *wear* them.
    Mine weight in at 2.8 kg. I have a SG at 3.2 kg and a strat at 3.6 kg, believe me, those missing 0.800 kg make all the difference !
    I've read some Parkers weight in at 5 lb (2.27 kg) , I can hardly imagine how it feels.

The Fly Deluxe are lighter because of the basswood/poplar combination. Sound-wise, I still prefer the Mojos.

Had to chip in since I'm a lurking incognito Parker Artist... :) I joined Parker two years ago after a few years having a signature model made by a known Spanish luthier (just saying this so you know I'm not too easily impressed). Getting the Flys was akin to getting the Kemper. You just can't put the damn thing down! So I would suggest at least checking one out if you haven't.

The most obvious example is the Local Library folder. Whatever profiles you have inside any secondary folders beneath it don't show up. I have hundreds of profiles in separate folders, and yet the Local Library folder that contains them says 0...

I find that the amount of Definition I prefer changes not only with the guitar I use, but with the profile as well. So I prefer to resave the rigs with the right amount of Definition for me if I plan to use them (Vs. just noodling with them).
    It's weird for me to think of a fixed Definition, since it sounds so different across the rigs...

True, but don't you find the difference from guitar to guitar to be much bigger than from rig to rig?

When I create folders within folders (I have an Amps folder with several brand/model folders inside) the parent folder does not allow browsing the secondary folders.

for example if under the Amps parent folder I have a Marshall SL folder and a Fender Champ folder with profiles inside, I would like to be able to see what's inside both of them by selecting the Amps folder

does this make sense? :)