Posts by terje_t

I see what you are trying to do now - you want to keep your Rig Manager folder somewhere else. I agree with you about the order then.

Have you tried, instead of the quotes, to tab your way to the correct paths to make sure they're correct? Skip the quotes and start typing:

Code
    sudo ln -s /Volumes/MyH

.. and tab, continuing down the folders you want.

Same with the second argument, start with:

Code
    sudo ln -s /Volumes/MyHDD/KEMPER/RigManager ~/Library/Ap

.. and tab. Type the start of the next folder and tab. And so on.

If that still doesn't work: are you getting an error message? What shell are you in?

Once in a Kemper opportunity here, gals and guys. I have a recently peeled KPA screen film for sale. Slight fold in the middle, as well as a fold here and there, but other than that pretty mint!

Offers accepted. No lowballs or time wasters please!

Will consider also accepting preorders on my Kemper Remote screen film!

:thumbup:

[Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/ZP3PVYl.jpg]

Actually for all my songs I use One Performance (with 4 performance-slots = 4 rigs = 4 different amp-sounds (Clean-solo, crunch-rhythm, lead, clean-rhythm,)
    If I could now have 4 effect scenes per performance-slot this would be 4 variations for each amp-sound ( totally 16 different sounds) and each of them reachable by maximum 2 switching-steps (performance-slot-number and effect-scene I to IIII) . For my needs this would be more than enough. And......

...when tweaking any amp-sound live on stageit is effective to every of it's 4 variations.

Aaah, I get it.

You kind of want one more dimension of switching than is possible today, applying the same effect scene to different base tones, I think?

That's way more different sounds than I use live, so I can understand if that could be useful to someone. Just not me. But hey, if the choice is there it doesn't hurt. :)

You're right.
    If we all had the same needs, the world would be much poorer !

Hehe, so true!

I guess I don't quite understand your example of using Performances. You wouldn't necessarily have to think in terms of songs, one Performance per song? It could just as well be a performance called "80s Ballad" or something with up to 5 different sounds in it, that you could reuse for different songs. So in your example, aren't you talking about having 2-5 different performances (you call them amp-sounds) that you can reuse?

I could be missing something! I just don't see the difference between that and having programmable scenes within a single rig. Is it the way it is programmed that would be the difference?

Just to offer my different perspective, Hurricane: if I had to choose I'd much rather have single on/off switches for effects than IMHO a more complicated scene setup. It just works better with how my brain works and actually gives me less things to think about live, even if I have to click one more button to get to the same goal.

Just to say, it's not necessarily an improvement for every live guitarist if the choice is permanently one or the other way of programming the KPA.

Dude, your guide took my Pod HD500 from unusable to as good as it could be, and here you are on the Kemper forum after I switched over improving my Kemper experience!

Thanks so much for your knowledge sharing!

Nice clean setup! Do you have room for your DXR in that a flight case?

Not to hijack this thread, but I'm curious since I play in a similar type of band, do you guys do your own sound? If so, how do you manage FOH sound if you all use in ears? For now our drummer is without in ears to have an impression of the room. Also, I usually start the gig out in the room somewhere without my guitar so I can adjust the sound from my iPad a bit before I join the rest of the band.

I didn't want to expand the elephant thread even further, so I'm making a new one here in response to @mbrown3 asking for good clean sounds on the KPA.

To me too, good clean sounds are harder to come by than good crunchy/distorted sounds, but you'll find a big, and to my ears great sounding, selection of cleans over at The Amp Factory [1]. I'm partial to the Evil Robot and AC30 in the custom shop section myself, but there are a few good ones in the Singles also, and it's a good source of example clips to listen to even if you don't intend to purchase anything.

No affiliation other than being a happy customer.

[1] - http://www.theampfactory.com

Thank you, that's probably a bit bigger than I had imagined but maybe it's worth sacrificing some portability for the improved sound. There's also the THR5. I will check these out, thanks again.

I've seen threads covering light and small cabs, but I was wondering if anyone have recommendations for a REALLY small stereo speaker setup? I'm looking for something to noodle around with at home or to bring along to a living room low volume practice. There is the Bose SoundLink [1] that kind of fits the bill but I wouldn't mind something that didn't have the Bose price tag on it.
    ^^

[1] - http://www.amazon.com/Bose-Sou…WSXVDG/ref=dp_ob_title_ce