Posts by telelogic

I'm about to buy an expression pedal for the Kemper and have narrowed down my choices two two units.
    Moog EP-3
    Morley Mr
    Has anyone had any experience of either?
    any help would be greatly appreciated.

Welcome!
    I've only been an owner for a couple of weeks myself.
    The people on the forum are really helpfull and non judgmental So don't be afraid to ask what you may think is a stupid question.
    There are so many things to understand about the profiler that you won't get to the bottom of it overnight (or over year) but every thing you learn on the journey opens up even greater possibilities!
    I thought I was getting the hang of it until last night, Then the new firmware arrived and it's all a bit confusing again ;(
    Good luck, have fun, ROCK ON!!

I've had a bunch of pedal comps.
    Some colour the sound more than others (some in a way you may like)
    In my experience, the kemper comp colours the sound less than most. if at all.
    You may find that you like the colouration of a particular pedal, I know I do sometimes.
    Optical comps are the most smooth and transparent.
    It's also worth trying the the comp before and after the amp section. I use one or the other and sometimes both!
    Ingolf is right in saying that the comp in the amp stack is unique, it took a little getting used to for me because I've never had that in any previous rig.
    the ability to mix in the dry signal in the stomp version is great also (not available in most pedals)

okay,
    I got to the studio fully expecting to find that I'd accidentally locked it on in my first couple of days fumbling with the unit. Only to find that I hadn't! (I've locked it OFF now though)
    It appears that the profile makers have " swamped them in inappropriate verb "
    I don't know why they have chosen to do this, but at least I know it's not a cockup on my part. And now I've now had the opportunity to learn how to use the lock function
    thanks for the help guys.

I'm starting to wonder if I've locked it on at some point. I downloaded the top Jimi 68 superlead profile pack yesterday and while it's bloody great it'seems unlikely that he has made every patch with an enormous amount verb on it. (I could be wrong of course)
    thanks for the tip, I'll give it a go as soon as I get to the studio.

Hullo all,
    can anyone tell my why every time I load a patch from the rig manager the reverb is automatically switched on and the new profile is swamped in inappropriate verb? Have I done something stupid in the short time I've had the unit to cause this?

Hi All,
    I hooked up my kemper using an s/pdif for the outputs today and think I may be hearing an occasional click!
    From what I've read on this forum I had the idea that the kemper had to be the master clock. But when I looked at the manual today is said that the kemper would receive a clock from the master clock of my interfaces.
    So I've gone with the manual.
    All works fine apart from the possible odd click. It's not nearly as or audible, or as frequent as when I've set interface' incorectly in the past.
    Any Light you may be able to shed on the problem would be very much appreciated.

Hi all,
    is there a way to save the settings of a stomp so I can then load it into a new profile and not have to tweak from scratch?
    It's mostly the compressor I'm thinking of. Once I've found the way I like it set, it's a ballache to have to repeat the process.