Posts by telelogic

kemper did not announce an editor! And for this reason, a whirlwind of crap was averted.

Therefore, my point remains, and I stand by it

I did not mention the editor thread! Accept to point out that, if Kemper HQ admitted that they are working on an editor, the floodgates would open and a shitfight would ensue.
    Not because, we don't need an editor, we do, and if you look further back in the thread you can see that I have posted my support for the idea.
    The remote debacle has obviously given hq pause when thinking of announcing anything new before it's ready to roll.

it's not the editor request that I was referring to.
    It's more like,

" I just bought a kemper, and I can't believe that it doesn't have an outboard motor so I can hook it up to my boat!"

"When are we going to get a DAW, Interface, monitors, mic pre's, mic's, drums, keys, and a plumber in the Kemper?
    I don't want to buy it all, because I'm not that serious about music, and given that the Kemper has combined amps, cabs and effect's, I naturally assume that it should have everything else.
    Oh, and I want it all for free, cos' you should have built it all in to start with.
    And I did no research before I bought it, so I'm very angry at Kemper!"

You get the idea.

I assume, that they don't want to say yes, because a large number of people on this forum would be asking "when will it be finished" every two minutes, then speculating how it will look, then, how they want it to look, then, will it have this, will it have that!

Basically,
    Some members of this forum, have shown time and again, that they are a pain in the ass! Acting like children on the back seat of the car, "are we there yet?"

Even the way some people post in the future request forum is ridiculous!
    Acting like their needs have to be met every time they have a stupid idea.

I don't blame Kemper hq one bit for staying silent.

I think that, overall, the Kemper sounds better than the Axe-fx but you should be sure that you can live without some of the things that the axe has, that The Kemper doesn't, such as an editor.

It sounds, from the description of your needs, that the Kemper may well be a better choice but, only you can decide.

The kemper would be much improved by having an editor, no question.

A piece of equipment like this requires an editor for smooth and prompt control during a session.

Making adjustments via the small screen is time consuming and at times frustrating.

There is no point in arguing to the contrary, while other units that share the same purpose have better user interfaces and editors that they are praised for.

Have you tried setting the clarity parameter at 3 for other profiles to see if you like them better that way? mbritt seems to do this with a lot of his profiles (from the pack I have, anyway) :)

I'm fine with the Britt packs thanks.
    I've got everything I'll ever need, and a shit load to spare.

I agree with the statement that it seems that there are prominently metal guys using the kemper.
    A couple of years ago when I was starting to come round to the idea that I'd like to buy one,
    I went on YouTube to hear some examples, and found only guys and gals playing some veriety or another of metal. Not much use to me as I was thinking of having it in the studio and it would have to cover a lot of ground.
    It's a bit better now, but not much.

If it's any help to you, I can say without a doubt, that the kemper does the lot!
    I've recorded an enormous veriety of music with it and it's always come up trumps.

I will also add, that I didn't find full satisfaction with the unit untill I started to use MBritt profiles, and now his profiles are the only ones I use. I find that they can cover all the ground I might need, with the possible exception of some modern metal, which is fine by me.

Hi all,
    Just a quick question,
    Has anybody tried using the Two Notes Torpedo Live or Studio when making profiles of amps?
    If so, did you have any luck getting satisfactory profiles?

I don't use the fx on the Kemper.
    I'm a record producer, and in most situations there simply isn't time to go through the menu's and pages.
    I do have a comp and wah set up on every amp, but for the most part, I'd put the fx on during the mix anyway.

An editor would be great!

It would mean that the kemper doesn't have to take up space in the already cluttered listening position that I spend most of my time in.
    It would also allow for faster settingup of tones that may help the talent feel more inspired.

There seems to be more and more cool things being added to the kemper that I just don't have the time to make use of.
    Too many button pushes to get to the desired parameter.