Posts by shaad_s

Is there a ground causing some noise? Any connections that you can try the ground lift to see if that helps?

Right, shall check that out. Thank you!

There are several different types of noise with different causes and cures. The noise gate should be the last thing you do once the source of any noise has been eliminated.

Are you referring to high frequency hiss or lower frequency hum etc?

Is it consistent or intermittent?

Ok so when I have all noise gates switched off, these is consistent high frequency noise that is of course very prominent on high gain profiles. I guess you can call it a hiss. Since the DI is dry and the noise is practically inaudible at this stage, would the noise still be present in the recordings when re-amped later?

8 is indeed a pretty high setting.

have you tried using the Noise Gate 4:1 stomp?

Uh oh :( I wonder what might be causing the noise?

Yes I have used the noise gate stomp. Eliminating the noise has not been an issue for me. I usually record and re-amp through the KPA. Since I am sending these DI's out for reamping, I am concerned about the noise being present in the DIs. Would adding a 4:1 noise gate have any effect on the DI? Does the profiler not bypass all fx slots when recording DI's?

Hi guys,

I use high gain profiles mostly and unless I set the noise gate knob to about 8.0, there is considerable amount of noise. Is that an unusually high setting even for a high gain profile?

When I turn the volume up on my guitar but keep the strings muted, the input LED does not light up but the output LED flickers when the noise is present. Is this an issue of some kind or normal behaviour? I've tried different cables and different guitars as well and the result was the same.

I'm planning to record DI's via SPDIF to send for re-amping elsewhere. Would I be right to assume that the noise will not be transferred to the DI's (because the input LED is not flickering)? This is my main concern as I do not want any additional noise within my DI's.

Thank you!

I would love to do this, but the way he has everything setup doesn't allow me to do so (it's a small home studio). Plus he just doesn't even wanna try. And also getting him to play guitar would be an issue cuz he plays bass lol.

As for the misconceptions, I couldn't agree more. This is why I even went the Kemper route. If it's good enough for big names to put it on their records, who am I to argue otherwise. They all sound great to my ears. Good tube amps aren't very common around here. I guess it's a way of justifying having one (and a very good one at that). :/

I can guarantee that if you profile their amp and record both the profile and the real amp they won't be able to tell which is which in a blind test.

Thanks for sharing Alan. I'm sure this is the case. But what can one do if they are not even open to trying the Kemper :wacko: Would make life so much easier for me actually :D

That's very interesting. Thanks for sharing! I would personally prefer to track with the profiler, but the person I am recording for does not want to even give it a try claiming it sounds too digital. I guess practicing on the kemper with a low gain profile will help me get used to picking harder when its time for tracking. I'd be recording with a Mesa Mark IV btw.

Greetings all,

A question for those with loads of experience recording with tube amps (ideally metal). Since I have very little experience with tube amps, got me wondering about something regarding the pick attack after a recording session I had.

I know that most guitarists in big bands would absolutely pound on their strings while recording with tube amps to get that aggressive tone. How have your experiences been with the Kemper in this regard? Do you notice you have to put in less effort when recording to achieve the same sound i.e. the Kemper being more compressed? Or is the picking weight the same as you would have with a tube amp?

Would love to hear your experiences.

Thanks!

Hi guys,

Think I've got the profiler to work as a reamp box with the use of SPDIF and analog direct out. Thanks to Dylan Dice who posted this video on youtube. Linking it here in case anyone wants to check it out themselves. Thanks guys!

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Thanks Michael. I have succesfully reamped in the past using SPDIF exclusively. Haven't done it analog before. Will read your post, I'm sure I can learn a lot more.

The reason I can't test it out is because I have been asked to do a recording by a person who owns tube amps. Travelling back and forth is going to be difficult so I suggested using the profiler to record DI's and reamp through a good profile of the amp. But he's a bit skeptical and claims to hear a noticeable difference between profiles and tube amps. Since it would still be easier for me record DI's and then reamp it was wondering if I can do it using the profiler as a reamp box. I won't have access to a tube amp until I go to him for the recording. Which is why I'm asking :)

Hi guys, got a question regarding reamping with a real tube amp.

Is it possible to use the profiler as a reamp box by using SPDIF and analogue outs simultaneously? Hoping someone could help me out because I have no way of testing it out myself. I am using Reaper and Scarlett 6i6 (2nd gen) as my interface.

This is what I intend to do:

DI from DAW >>> KPA via SPDIF (works fine)

Direct out from KPA (Direct out set to Git Analog) >>> input of tube amp

Will this work? Is it possible to use digital and analogue input/ output simultaneously? I've heard it's possible but maybe my focusrite control settings are wrong. Any help in the right direction would be highly appreciated. Thanks!

Regards.

Hi guys, a question for those of you who are using this pack (specifically JP lead profile).

I basically have no experience with tube amps or pedals. Been using a pod hd500 until I got the KPA. The JP lead tone in this pack is by far my favourite lead profile I have come across and I am currently playing an Ibanez RG827 with a D-Activator bridge and Liquifire neck pickup.

So, my question is, are you guys using these profiles with the stomps that James has pre programmed into these profiles? I personally find it sounds better with them on. Would you normally use a green scream stomp with the gain slightly up or gain at zero while increasing the gain on the amp profile?

Also, when would you consider a lead profile to have too much gain? I feel the notes coming out are quite clear through headphones but when I tried it through my friend's interface through SPDIF the notes kinda blended with each other and lost clarity.

Any response much appreciated!

Greetings dear Kemperers,

I have a noob question about my current setup. I somehow managed to record and record the reamped signal via SPDIF and the KPA. My issue is that I cannot get it to playback through the headphone out of the interface. I don't currently own any monitors so the only output I can use is the headphone out.

I did think of a solution but I am not sure if it's the correct way to go about it as I have never done anything like this before, only read about it. I did a manual routing of the tracks I wanted playing, back into mix control so that I could hear them through the headphones. Used Line 3 for this. (It would also be great if someone could explain the difference between Line 3 and Mon 2?) Am I doing this right?

Any help would be highly appreciated! Cheers!

Hello everyone. My name is Shaad and I am from Sri Lanka. I joined this forum a couple of months ago and have learnt quite a lot about the KPA from the various threads here. There certainly is a great community here. I have now finally got my hands on a Kemper Profiler :) . Planning to run it direct to FOH and controlled via MIDI with a Pod HD500 when playing live. Hoping to learn more about the KPA and its capabilities and contribute to this community in any way I can. Cheers! :thumbup: