Posts by jzucker

I think the point is that this is a feature request group. If it bothers you that folks repeatedly ask for a feature, DON'T EFFIN' READ IT.

Whining about folks whining is such a strawman IMO.

And I've owned the kemper for about 2 years, during which the entire time I've heard from the rumor mill that "they are working on it" but have yet to read a single reliable/informed posting indicating that they actually are. I'm at the point where I'm probably going to switch over to the AX8 when it comes available because the axefx effects are so much better and if kemper were proactive to publish even approximate dates for features, this type of jumping ship could be avoided.

I don't know of a FAQ.

The GR-33 will send a MIDI PC command with each Patch Change, and you likely can set the Pedal to send MIDI CC#7 in each Patch, or maybe globally.

There are many KPA owners at http://www.vguitarforums.com. Their GR33 experience is much more recent than mine - I sold the two I had when I bought the KPA.

I don't think the GR-33 forum is active there. I posted something in there over a week ago in the GR-33 forum with no replies.

With the premise that what sounds good to anyone is good to them, I wonder how anything could sound better than something that sounds like the profiled amp... It can sound different, but the goal of the Profiler is to sound like your amp. The rest is a matter of tastes.

:)

because in some cases like the fender amp amps with reverb or true pitch vibrato, the effects are as important as the amp. And frankly, I don't care if it absolutely nails one particular sound off one particular clapton record. I'm more interested if the entire package inspires me and the kemper does do that but the time based effects are just not very good IMO.

Gave up on this post; the quotations just wouldn't work properly.

Suffice it to say that spring 'verb has a character all its own, and apart from the obvious amp-emulation authentici-titty argument, sometimes it's just the ticket to help impart a unique character to a guitar sound in the mix.

Oh, and jzucker, I'm frankly amazed that you said that the KPA's FX "sound like a toy". I'm at a loss for words when it comes to responding to the claim. Have you tried them all?

Yes, I shouldn't have said they sound like a toy. That was unfair and untrue. But I will say that none of them work like the original pedals in terms of gain structure. For example , the vintage fuzz and TS9 both sound good for high gain but for lower gain, they don't work without adding additional effects in front that have negative gain. This just reinforces in my mind along with the lack of spring reverb that the kemper caters to the metal and crunch and 7 stringer crowd. Nothing wrong with that but it's not the demographic that interests me for what I do. I realize i'm in the extreme minority. My choice is to go back to tube amps which I don't want to do or (most likely) switch over to axefx. I'm planning on getting an AX8. I'm on the waiting list. Maybe i'll be disappointed and come back but based on having owned an axefx, I can say that the effects blow away kemper effects. The kemper was superior to the axefx I in terms of amps but I think axe has completely caught up if not surpassed kemper with AXE II and if the AX8 sounds like an AXE II, I'm switching.

I get your point ;) simply not my cup of tea. but i love the reverb of my JVM410 much more.
    Be patient..Kemper allready pointed out that its on the to do list!

it's been on the todo list for over 2 years. It's ridiculous that on a $2500 processor you have to use a pedal to get proper emulation of fender amps and even the $150 pedal sounds better than kemper reverb! I think i'm going to buy a used Axefx II and compare them for a couple months and then sell the one I like the least. At least the axe has world class effects. The effects on the kemper aren't in the same league as those on the axefx ii for the most part.

I have an Alto TS110A and it's unfortunate that the kemper head does not sit very securely on top of the alto. I'm thinking of making a wood panel with rubber feet that would fit into the depressions on top of the Alto speaker and then velcroing that to the bottom of the kemper. Unfortunately, the kemper is not deep enough to just move it's own feet to fit into the alto depressions. Anyone else have a solution?

I find that the fanboy defense of any of the criticisms of the kemper is unhealthy. Your response is fine and is not typical of the fanboy response that I often see. I got into a disagreement with one poster here who was adamantly defending the stomp boxes , particularly the TS9 saying it sounded exactly like a real one. Turns out, he was always using his real TS9 with the gain turned up very high. The kemper version, even with the gain turned down was very heavily overdriven compared to the real thing which can be turned down to be barely noticeable. Same with the vintage fuzz. You can compensate for these issues buy putting a pure gain in front of them and using negative gain but why should you have to do that? I love my kemper but it's a tool and I'm a fan but not a fanboi. I recognize its strengths and weaknesses and currently I consider the time based effects to be weak even compared to some boutique pedals whereas the axefx time based effects are stellar.

I agree with the request of the OP.

As to the Matchbox, it's not bad but to be honest it's 'not there'. And it (plus any other reverbs and delays) need to be allowed *before* the amp. This is NOT a niche / unusual request..... Anyone who has used a real amp that does not have an effects loop (and there are a ton of them about) may well have used a reverb pedal or a delay pedal in front of the amp so for those guys alone who get used to this sound it makes perfect sense.

Please realise that I love my Kemper with a fanboy love that probably isn't healthy so please consider that when I say the Matchbox isn't there IMO. I am hopeful that the request goes through and that the reverbs / delays get the same kind of love that the profiles themselves do. I don't use many effects to be honest but it's a rare day when I don't use reverb so more flexibility in this regard would be welcome.

Sorry but that is *NOT* a really good spring reverb. It doesn't even sound as good as the $99 digitech digiverb which is 8 year old pedal tech.

there is a really good (bad) ;) sounding spring reverb in the KPA. It's called Matchbox in the Reverb section.
    set predelay to 0, limit the bandwidth a little bit (watch out, there's a lot happening between 0.0 and 1.0 already) and use frequency to turn it brighter.

I have a few spring reverbs here (Accutronics, Dynacord, no name...) and the KPA can capture their vibes easily.

what Elantric requested, was a spring reverb in front of the amp, which I can relate to, but it is a very specialized application nonetheless.