Posts by LanceKonnerth

how many different profiles of the FRT are in volume 1?

Hey thanks for your interest! There are 22 Divided By 13 profiles, 7 of them are the FTR37 and the other are the JRT15 with both the 6v6 and EL84 sections profiled separately. These in addition to the profiles of a vintage Marshall '68 plexi, vintage Fender Champ, and Victoria tweed combo make up the rest of the collection. Along w/ various drive pedals in combination.

I've bought your pack quite a while ago. Great quality profiles, always loved the pack and I'm looking forward to a new quality pack. Good to hear that you are working on it.

Got these too and they sound great! Looking forward to vol.2 :)

I remember i was about to get these when released but eas not comfortable with the payment options as the paypal is pretty much the standard nowadays. All good anyways!

Thank you!! I really appreciate your support and I'm happy to hear that you liked the profiles :) Also, if anyone wishes to use PayPal, they definitely can. Just email me thru my site and we can do PayPal and I'll send them direct to you. The benefit of ordering thru my site is just that it's automated and immediate download. Thanks!! :thumbup:

it's certainly one of a kind type of pack (a lot of pedals plus amp sounds). It would be nice for a pack 2!

Thanks Chrismilne! I'm happy you dig it! and appreciate your encouragement for another pack :thumbup: I'm working on it...slowly haha. Got some done already and it'l be another variety collection, amps big/small, old/new, pedals, etc.. Gonna do another demo video also for the roll out.

I did some session work on a Black Keys style tune and these profiles killed! I only used them and I'll be using them a lot more in the future. I've got a bunch of profiles so these kind of got forgotten but damn, theres is gold in here. I'm straight up in love with this pack right now. The profiles with fuzz pedals are insane! I've been wanting something like this for a while and it was right under my nose the whole time. Good shit man, good shit!

I'd love some more from you! Please, more fuzz pedals and small quirky amps. I'm so into dirty vintage lofi odd sounds - but done well. I haven't heard anyone else doing that. Please bring on the black keys, white stripes, modern vintage goodness. I just wish the Kemper had good reverb for that kind of sound - or am I missing something?

Thank you Maxy!!! That was really cool to read, and thanks for your kind words :) Would love to hear the tones and your playing in that context. I'm a big fan of the quirky stuff too, boutique, vintage, lo-fi...you name it! I found the Kemper a bit tricky to profile fuzzes exactly, took many tries and various approaches. In the end I couldn't capture everything I wanted, but definitely got some stuff that I felt proud of, and have used myself on a number of recording sessions with much success. So..I'm thrilled that someone else has too!! Thanks for your support, all the best!

I bought this pack 2 min ago, just came by to say that Mplex +EXP2 profile has instantly become my favorite rock amp profile ever... holy cow this sounds good!

Gotta say, I keep coming back to the stuff in this pack again and again. Hope that there will be another one!

Ditto, i like this pack as well.

Thanks guys!!! Really happy to hear you've been digging them :) Slowly, but surely I've been working up some more.

Thanks for all your nice comments :thumbup: Makes me happy to know that some of my sounds are bringing you sonic joy and that you are digging your new Kemper! Yeah I love it man! Seriously such a game changing piece of gear for me. I've used it on so many sessions now, and still amazed and impressed with what it brings. I still do record amps using mics for some things, but more and more just tracking using the Kemper. And no one has even mentioned a thing with the tracks I've sent, other than "cool tones!" so…I don't say a thing haha ;)

Just terrible, so sorry to hear that!!! Don't know what area you're located in, but as mentioned above, maybe some pics or descriptions of your gear could help us be on the lookout. You never know where gear travels to and ends up these days. I've had friends actually end up finding some of their stuff that was stolen ,believe it or not, it can happen. Best of luck!!

Hi!
    My 2 cents…
    I feel that having the right environment to properly turn up the amp, get it to it's sweet spot, and let the speakers push air and breath throughout the room…without the stress of disturbing neighbors, or having to compromise the sound by excessive blanketing/isolating…is probably about the single most important component IMO. Although..yes you can get the benefit of a pro studio session with it's tuned rooms, variety of mice/pre's, skilled engineers, etc…but you can also achieve and learn a ton just by having a single mic or two, and just experiment with the luxury of time to try different mic techniques, blends, amp settings, profile refinements, etc… all without the stress or expense of a studio clock running up the bill. So…if you can find a space, basement, empty room, barn, whatever…that allows you to turn up and play and experiment, then that might be a good starting and eye opening place. Just keep in mind that if the space has too many reverberant reflections, or odd slap back, standing waves that you might need to creatively find a way to reduce these, especially if you are using omni condenser mics. But…To summarize..I say just find a space with a friend and go for it!!! Ya never know what you can come up with and it's fun to learn :)

Hi Lance, a little late to the party but i bought your pack today. Man, i can tell you, this /13 amp is sooo cool played with a strat! Real fun. I also like the plexi , played with humbuckers, very much. Real Eddie sound out of my musicman guitar and also a bank with the les paul.The boosted plexi has the sound that paul Gilbert used as rythmsound on the early Mr. Big tunes, cant stop playing. The plexi rules!
    Go on and make profiles dude!!

Cheers
    Frank

Thanks Frank! I appreciate your post. Really cool to read your descriptions and I'm so happy you dig them :) Yeah...single coils on the /13 and humbuckers for plexi are pretty much what I used gtr wise when i profiled them.
    Happy playing!!
    Lance

Any news on some new Tonehawk profiles? Your first pack are still my favourite profiles, especially the FTR37.

Thanks for your kind words! Glad you like them :) Yes, I've been slowly working on putting together another collection, but I'm definitely not the fastest haha and have also been busy with some other music projects and studio sessions so I'm sorry it's taken longer than I'd hoped. My process is to do a lot of different profiles with often very subtle variations of mics, blends, settings, etc…on the same amp/cab/pedal combination... so when it comes time to sort through them all..well...that's when the microscope comes out and I kinda get lost in that world haha! But yeah, I haven't stopped and have some cool boutique as well as vintage amps in the new upcoming collection. Thanks again!!
    Lance

Hey Denis! Thanks for your interest :) I've been slowly compiling my second volume of Tone Hawk profiles. It's gonna be another collection of both modern boutique and vintage amp profiles. I'm also gonna have more videos demoing the tones. Keep ya posted! Thanks!!

Hey lance I forgot to ask, are these 3.0/merged profiles or no?

Hi! I used FW 3.0, but the particular profiles in the Tone Hawk Vol. 1 collection are all studio profiles. I'm currently getting another batch together and those will have some direct profiles as well. Thanks :)

@LanceKonnerth are you out with the goo goo dolls, did I read that somewhere?

No…although I have toured with a number of different high profile artists, I haven't been out with them, but I do have a couple close friends in the band. Probably some of the confusion is because on my Tone Hawk Studios site I credit some of the amps/pedals that I profiled as ones borrowed from my friends collection, who plays guitar in the Goo Goo Dolls.

Also…since I'm already here answering questions…I just wanted to take a second and say a heartfelt thanks to everyone who's purchased my profiles, left a nice review, or expressed any support or interest at all. Thank you!! I've avoided regularly responding to even the glowing review posts because I want to adhere to the newer forum rules and didn't want to be seen as someone who's just bumping their posts, yet…I want everyone to know I appreciate the support! :thumbup:

I was also at NAMM yesterday and put all of the new features through their paces.
    The team has done a remarkable job, the delays sound amazing!

i wasn't really thrilled at first with the morph function, but Burkhard took the time to fully explain and…

Yes!!! I totally agree! I'm still thinking about all those delays haha! They've added some really fantastic options and new delay sounds I hadn't heard before like the harmonic ones with the different pitches. Tempted to go by the booth again today just to hear them again haha.

And I also felt the same way as you at first about the morphing feature, but now after talking with them and getting the whole run down as you described, I'm pretty excited about the possibilities and can't wait to spend time exploring the morph function. Everyone at the Kemper booth was super cool and helpful and happy to take their time and explain stuff. It's really is a nice feeling to purchase a product and not only have it supported with ongoing software upgrades, but also with enthusiastic and passionate employees too. Some fine folks there at Kemper!

We want videos! Audio! What do the delays sound like, this is the question!

Haha! Me too!! :) I would've captured some audio examples of the delays,but…kinda impossible the way their Namm booth is setup and with all of the loud ambient noise going on around you. Basically they have stations setup with headphones and a guitar, so I was demoing everything through headphones, and ones that didn't really block out a lot of the outside noise. However... I played through all the delays for quite a while and was really impressed. Lot's of fun stuff and wide-moving stereo imaging going on with some of them. They had a number of presets already loaded for each of the new delays. Also there seemed to be a lot of additional parameters added within some of the delays, such as control for: flutter, flutter shape, grit, reverse, modulation… Overall the variety of new delays and sounds seemed not far off from some of the stuff that I can get out of my Strymon and Eventide pedals as well as some delays that I haven't heard from those boxes either. Very exciting times for sure :thumbup: