Posts by citizengain

To make things clear, my problem is as follows:

I have two DI profiles, Rectifier CH3 Modern and Rectifier CH3 Vintage. If I choose the Modern and load a Merged cabinet profile Mesa OS, it sounds like it should. When I do the same thing with the Vintage and load the same cabinet it also sounds like it should.

But when I choose the Modern and the Mesa OS cab and then lock the cab and then change the amp profile to the Vintage, it still sounds like the Modern. The same thing happens the other way around: if I first choose the Vintage and lock the cabinet and then switch to Modern, it still sounds like the Vintage.
    It seems that locking the cab also locks the amp.

I have the exact same problem. Locking cabinet and browsing through rigs doesn't work as it should.

I did a lot of merged profiles lately and they sound exactly like the studio ones. I refine the studio profile but not the DI profile.

Have you found that you get better results with not refining the DI profile? What DI box are you using? P.s. I just bought your Cablab package.

On the subject of merged profiles: I have made a couple of merged profiles with the Kemper DI box and I have to admit that the studio profiles seem to be a little bit "better". All the profiles I have made, I have refined the profile. In order to make a merged profile, you have to refine both the studio and the DI profile. I wonder could the differences when refining twice be the reason for the differences in studio and merged profiles?

I was just about to write but then I noticed that the pack was in my Paypal -email.

Thank you for correcting those merged profiles!

Right, and if you additionally fall into the Fletcher- Munson trap you're lost.
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fletcher–Munson_curves

Yes, more bass and treble equals less mids.

When playing with a traditional guitar amp and cab, a guitarist usually dials a tone that sounds good to his ears (or to his ankles in many cases...) and be done with it. When playing with modellers or KPA straigh to the mixer, with sounds that include the whole sound chain, the guitarist has to take double duties of both the guitarist and the sound man, at least to a some extend. For example, now the guitarist has to be more aware what frequencies make the guitar cut through the mix. Unfortunately in many cases the biggest sound with lots of bass and treble gets washed away once the whole band is playing.

Of course these problems existed with the traditional amps also. I have been in situations where I have been totally run over with the other guitarist playing a small combo, when I've had a 100w amp with a closed back 4x12.

I would suggest the guys in this thread that have problems with cutting through to try for example the free m britt 5153 merged profiles (I suppose you are using your traditional guitar cabs). Those profiles and m britt profiles in general have plenty of mids. For leads, you can put the graphic eq in the x slot and boost the 1250 Hz and the frequencies below and/or above it 2-3dB, according to taste. If you still can't hear yourselves, the problem might lie somewhere else.

Sounds very good.
    My quess:

High gain, real amp first.
    Medium gain, Kemper first.

Judging by the bass response. Also, the first part of high gain and the latter part of medium gain (which according to my quess, are the real amp) are a little bit louder. At least they seem to be. That might be also one reason they sound better.

I don't know when this problem with the clock has started, I've owned KPA only since last may. The first time I wrote about it was October 14th.
    [Hidden Feature] Display time on Remote's screen

I remember noticing the problem some time earlier. I have to say that I can't remember if the clock was working properly with the FW that my KPA came with.

And you are right, I should have opened a ticket as soon as I noticed the problem.

Sorry, but I can't agree with what you've written. Since a few years the Kemper team is providing one FW upgrade after the other. So there's a lot of constant improvement.

I have had my KPA since May and since then there has been two or three (please correct me if I'm wrong) FW updates but the problems with the clock still remain. I don't know anything about programming but is it so hard to make the clock no lose time?

I apologize in advance the negative flavour of this comment, but his is one of those things that make me think that do those guys at Kemper even care? Also the slowness in making the revisions people are asking (for example editor, certain effects) and many bugs in each firmware, is making me think what is going on in the headquarters. Is it that because the KPAs are already selling off the hook so there is no need to put more effort to improve the product?